The men would greet him eagerly, enthralled by his appearance as a well armoured member of the Ethereal Sway, yet Ayithe as well as the archer of the group, would keep to themselves and speak not. She wasn't as eager to make friends here, in fact she hadn't been up to making friends since she had lost Raslin and been captured by Ietus. Maybe the world was grating on her and she was becoming more selfish and cynical - she wasn't sure but she did notice her desire to remain somewhat secluded from the rest. The archer was probably used to simply being alone on his ventures.

I recognise you... Ayithe knew she had seen him before, but her attention so surprised by her current position had left her unsure of what or where it was. It must have been at the gates, she at least remembered the sarcastic comment by the first of the smug mercenaries she had met. Yeah, it must have been there.

Still it didn't really matter who he was or who had sent him as Ayithe didn't even know who Frankhurt was, they were all foreign strangers to her, and even if she had known Frankhurt she didn't know this city, never mind the building she was about to enter.

The only thing that mattered to her, the only thing that had mattered, was getting the job done - finding this monster and killing it so that Ietus would gift her the reunion she so desperately wanted.

First things first! Ayithe stepped forward as the archer knocked firmly on the door. The bald man awaited patiently as Frankhurt watched from afar, seemingly keeping his distance from the residence entrance. Then, the large engraved door opened with a slow and gradual momentum, the all seeing eye seeming to turn and rotate to unlock the door as if to open into an sacred tomb. Ayithe watched confused to the dramatic locking system that seemed to be in place, and as she watched, it appeared the door was more than just a wooden frame, but an intricate locking system of steel bolts and lock.

A small slim figure appeared from behind the door, a butler of some sort dressed in a plain dark tunic which crumbled on the floor as he bowed in greeting.

"Please step in." He croaked with his old voice, the man clearly of an older generation looked well for his age.

Ayithe couldn't help but notice the two armed guards behind him; sword and shield in hand and dressed in a chain mail armour that looked mean, stained in blood and told everyone entering they meant business. They stared with a clear sign of exhaustion upon them, their statures slightly limp and their weapons lowered, but also with a hint of relief as their expressions relaxed and their furrowed brows flattened.

The guards look tired...

Ayithe peered behind her and past their new armoured associate, Frankhurt and everyone behind her had already drawn their weapons and stared right into the entrance Swords, maces, and bows all aimed right at their backs - this was a one way journey and no one was leaving until this was resolved. She felt the nerves swill around her belly, the awkward feeling that she was being forced to do exactly what she didn't want to. Yet, there was no turning back once she entered here and even speaking up now felt too late.

In slow unison they all entered calmly before the two weary guards and the butler, lining up along the front wall and abreast to one another. The first room was not the mightiest in size, but it was bigger than anything she had ever experienced. Tall marble pillars and decorated roof tiles, the hard stone floor not far from the likes of marble layered in a variety of colours and patterns, and then filled with a series of polished ornaments and furniture that were organised to fit around the two large doorways that left the lobby room. Nothing was short of extravagance.

"Welcome to the Ranceed Residence," the Butler greeted politely as the door seemed to shut with a heavy and conclusive shunt on its own. "This place was designed to keep people out, but as an fortunate grace also manages to keep people in. That is unfortunately the scenario that is applicable to yourselves, and will be until you can sniff out the intruder."

"Yeah, we've been told several times now!" The smug faced brute jibed.

The Butler sniffled and wiped his nose with the oldest and yellow stained of hankies as he stood before the group after a slow and steady limped walk. "My apologies sir, but this isn't some blasé hack and slash tournament that you've come to. This is quite serious. Heed my words and then head to task; you are answerable only to myself and the High Priest Ranceed himself, though you would be wise to listen to his wife or daughter. You are given power and permission to enter the entirety of this establishment and question anyone you see fit, but I highly suggest you do not embark on any missions alone, as trust within these walls is now your most valuable asset. So please, use whatever methods you deem necessary. Good luck."

Ayithe felt the energy in the room sink as low as it could, this was easily the safest moment they would all experience, to be in this room with a group of people who she knew definitely were not the creature. She probably wouldn't have that certainty again, though this Butler and the guards were questionable from the start, surely the Shape-shifter was smarter than that. Turning the look out the only window to the outside from the lobby, she could see the silhouettes of Frankhurt and the others through the blur of coloured stained glass. How long would it be before she could witness the outside once again?

I guess this is where it all starts. She sighed as the first mercenary and most vocal since she arrived spoke up once more.

"Alright. my names, Vale Ravenstone. I'm formally an investigator, my expertise lays with knives and torture. I suggest I lead this and you all fall in line. So, to start, lets head into the main room and speak to the owner then we could split into teams and get this hunt started."

He waited patiently for a response from the quiet group, his podgy cheeks grinning proudly hoping there were no challengers.