Race
    Gaelic
    Hair Color
    Red-fiery mane
    Eye Color
    crystal blue
    Build
    5'4

Standing up abruptly made my head spin a bit, either from the ale or just natural clumsiness. Grabbing the chair I had just occupied to steady myself. Straightening up I followed Adonis closely as we gathered outside, men jumping on to their horses quickly others gearing up for what seemed like a long hall. Wrapping my cloak tighter around my body as I felt under dressed, the small army's armor and under clothing put my rags to shame.

A dingy purple sundress and the royal purple cloak had seen better days. The gold threading that had been hand stiched with beautiful cursive lettering that spelt out my name strained with grit and mud. Takijg a deep breath to calm my already galloping heart in my chest I glanced sadly down giving myself a once over. My attention drew back to Adonis and Kit a small smile danced across my lips as the two "argued" with one another. Laying my hand on Adonis chest offering him a kind smile, "your heart says otherwise. It's beating against my hand pretty fast." Taking back with myself for pulling such a bold gesture I froze for a moment.

"S-Sorry..."

With drawing my hand from him, biting down on my lip as I mentally scolded myself for doing such stupid thing. Though the feel of his sculpted chest underneath my finger tips felt amazing I can't let that distract me. I am nothing and he is a prince... Stop while you are ahead Ainslea.. The harsh reality sucked but I knew it was true and though he was being kind I would never hold a title high enough to even drive such naive things. Stop this little crush before it gets you hurt... My inner voice was crude but realistic.

He likes you, I can tell Ainslea.

Glancing up at the fox I shook my head, I can't hold him back, plus he was just being kind Kit. J-just let it go. Gripping Adonis hand he had offered, he hoisted me up with ease. Taking another calming breath I wrapped my hands around his waist looking at him to make sure he was okay with it. He gifted me with a soft smile that if I had been standing would have made my knees weak.

After riding for a while the rhythm was kind of peaceful, the sound of galloping of the horses' feet clashing with the ground. Laying my head on the back of Adonis, I closed my eyes for a moment drifting off.
    Last edited by pretty-little-red; 01-02-17 at 03:50 PM.

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    As lea wrapped her arms around Adonis’ waist he couldn't help but smile, he had never felt a gentle caress from anyone besides his mother, and that was years ago, The last bit of riding took about half an hour through the busy streets to get to the castle where the King sat upon his throne. As they approached the rather imposing stone structure Adonis gently shook his shoulders and tried to get Lea awake as Stew reported to the guard at the front gate.

“Mercenaries reporting back with the Prince as per the Job”

The guard was rather shocked to hear of the success of the mission and leaned to take a look at Adonis who was in the middle of the traveling pack. He smirked and nodded at the guard.

“Very well, I shall inform the king that you are on your way with the Prince” the Guard said as he turned around to tap on something on the wall that seemed to glow before he spoke and then quickly vanished. He was sure he was seeing things. His father would never allow magic or anything that could be considered magic anywhere near his ‘perfect’ kingdom. Would he?

As the band of horses and heavily clad men rode towards the garden that was directly connected to the stairs that went up into the throne room Adonis couldn't help but begin to notice subtle things. The top of the fountain had a faint magical glow to it as it seemed to spout water, but the water itself did not connect to the fountain. It seemed to appear just a little bit away from the tip. Then there was the Hedges that every now and then would get a faint glow around them and disappear a few seconds later making the leaves seem almost moist like a fresh dew had just happened. The Stables for the king's horse was in view from where he was and as the horse ate out a bucket a faint light could be seen re filling said bucket and when the horse lifted its tail to poop it seemed that the poop vanished just as it left the horses ass. Nothing ever touched the ground or made a mess. It was ‘perfect’.

“Gentlemen and Prince, the King would like for you to wait here in the Garden for a moment longer, he was not expecting someone to fulfill the job of bringing the prince home and as such must prepare some things. He will be with you shortly” A robed man said as he leaned over the top of the stone landing at the top of the stairs, staff in hand. “Make yourselves comfortable”

Wait a staff? None of the priests the last time he was here would use a staff, any clerics typically did not use a staff either just a small chime. Could that be a Mage as a the King’s Emissary? Where exactly was he? It wasn’t long before softly jumped down off his horse and offered to gently lift Lea down as well, when she was down on the ground he just felt more at home holding on to her and so once he had let her down he rested his hand on her lower back and anywhere he walked he lightly pushed her that way as well. They both decided to walk to the fountain first and take in the air of fresh flowing water.

“Adonis? Are you sure the King is who you say he is? When we were in the basement with Archie you claimed he hated magic, that it was sent over by the elves to cause humans to fight among themselves and make us weaker as a race.” Clara inquired as she could see Adonis was just as confused as to everything that was going on.

“I … I don’t know, When i was last here there was no form of magic allowed anywhere near the city. Let alone in the Keep itself.” Adonis said in shock as he couldn't help but look around, his hand still resting on the base of Lea’s back.

“Gentlemen, The king is ready to see you now” the Emissary had returned and spoke from the landing as the crowd began walking up the stone steps. Adonis seemed to hesitate as the base as he looked over into Lea’s beautiful eyes and let out a nervous smile.

GP

Name
    Ainslea Grace
    Race
    Gaelic
    Hair Color
    Red-fiery mane
    Eye Color
    crystal blue
    Build
    5'4

Groaning softly I forced my lids open. Adonis had dismounted the horse before lifting me down with ease. Rubbing the sleep out of my eyes I glanced around. Catching my lower lip between my teeth I could feel my heart starting to speed up.

“Ad-Adonis…”

My voice was lost as a robbed man called out that the King would be with them briefly. Breathe dear.. Glancing down at Kit I nodded quickly. My crystal blue orbs darting quickly from left to right, checking and taking in my surroundings. “Wh-what's going on,Adonis?” Looking toward him for guidance yet he seemed just as lost as I.

“Don’t worry Lea, we are … in my home i think” He said as he looked around puzzled. His hand laid gently on my back for support. My stomach started to flip with excitement, shaking my head I had to stay focused. We as a group made our way from stairs to inside the large castle. “This way,” the man called out as the group was ushered inside.

My breathing was starting to slowly accelerate. My hands clasped together tightly infront of me. I was terrified I would break something. Everything sparkling not a single speck of dust which was odd for such a large old building.

“It's all clean.. Not a single smugg..” I said softly though in these large halls my voice seemed to carry.

“I like to keep a tidy castle dear,” a deep voice boomed easily filling the large area. I damn near jumped out of my skin as the large group parted like the sea. I felt exposed as a large and I do mean large man strutted up to Adonis and I. As he drew closer each wall torch he passed seemed to turn on with nothing igniting them. My mouth hung open as my soft features twist with confusion.

“H-how?”

“Magic, my dear.” The burly looking man held a smug look on his face. Glancing at Adonis everything about him was tense including the hand that was placed on my lower back. “I am the King of this humble abode.” As ride as it was I couldn't help but stare up at the man. “N-nice to meet you, your majesty..” I felt like a church Mouse compared to this brute towering over me.

“Please the name is Leofric,” he reached out gripping my hand and pulling me away from Adonis. A small squeak left my lift as his tug sent my small frame stumbling. “Ainslea…” I gasped as he kissed my hand making my skin crawl.

“Father,” Adonis voice drew Leofric’s attention away from me. A breathe I hadn't realized I hadn't been holding in came rushing out. Running shaking hands through my fiery mane as I turned to watch the two stare at one another. The feeling of Adonis’ hand slipping from her back as he side stepped in front of her, slightly shielding her from his father’s view.

EXP: 2,400, Level: 2
    Level completed: 14%, EXP required for next level: 2,600
    Level completed: 14%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,600
    GP

Name
    Adonis Michael Cedric Cannon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Hazel
    Build
    6'4/250
    Job
    Bounty hunter

View Profile
    “You put a price on someone returning me home. Why?” Adonis’ voice was surprisingly stern and resolute. “If you do not give me a proper answer i am leaving”

As much as the King wanted to make an inappropriate joke he realized that his son was stern and firm in his words. Something that had never been seen from Adonis before. He sighed and lowered his gaze to the floor.

“It is about your Mother.” Kit who was hiding behind Lea perked up and looked around her leg. “She is no longer with us.”

”He actually told him?” Kit let slip into Lea’s mind.

“What do you mean no longer with us? Where is she Father” Adonis asked with a very pointed question. Assuming that his father had done something to remove his mother from the picture.

“She died a few years back, not long after you left. I tried to prolong her life as long as i could through any means necessary, even magic, but nothing worked.” There was a sadness to the kings voice but not one of sorrow.

“You? You allowed magic around your precious Kingdom?” Adonis scoffed as he looked at the torches on the wall that lit themselves as they had walked past them. “If you really did Allow magic here just to save Mother then she would still be alive! There is such a thing as Healing magic!”

“Adonis…” Leofric tried to start speaking again when his son cut him off.

“No! You didn’t even bother trying to save her did you? You did this all to make you stronger, to make you seem more intimidating to the neighbouring nations. You never once cared about me or my mother. All you cared about was yourself!” Adonis’ rage was near it’s limit. “Where is she buried”

“In the Hall of Ancestors…” there was more of a sorrow in his voice then Adonis ever though his dad could ever show. But adonis wasn’t going to apologize. This man didn’t deserve an apology for anything.

“Take me to see her” Adonis snapped as Kit jumped up onto his shoulder and nuzzled his neck to try and calm him down. When his father stood up and began to walk down the hall Adonis reached out to hold Lea’s hand as he walked behind his father. His hand was shaking, at first glance it might of seemed to be from range but inside Adonis was crying. He needed something to ground him to reality or else he was going to break down. And Lea was the only one that made him feel calm.

GP

Name
    Ainslea Grace
    Race
    Gaelic
    Hair Color
    Red-fiery mane
    Eye Color
    crystal blue
    Build
    5'4

I couldn't rip my gaze from the two as Adonis hollered. Catching my lower lip between my teeth my heart broken for the kind Prince. Each time his voice rising I couldn't help but jump. This was a side of him I had never seen. Oddly enough it didn't deter my feelings for him but made them stronger.

Glancing up my gaze met the kings, looking away quickly. There was something about that man that made my skin crawl. My mind filled with the sound of Kit’s voice making me gasp. Shit Kit you can't do that I about screamed… Taking a deep breath I glared at the fox for a moment, my gaze softening as soon as it hardened.

Kit we have to tell him.. He is so broken I can hear his heart break every time he speaks… Looking at at Adonis I wanted to reach out and hold him though I knew I couldn't hurt me even more.

No, not now.. He needs this emotions to full him to stand up to his father. It hurts me too but not just yet Lea please… Sighing softly I nodded as Kit jumped up nuzzling Adonis. Chewing on the inside of my cheek I was fighting just telling him anyway. Though I was afraid he wouldn't believe me.

His hand slipped into my own, gripping it tightly as if he was gonna disappear. “Ad-Adonis..” My voice we soft as if I was talking to a scared child. Drawing his attention to me I cupped his cheek, my thumb stroking his flesh soothingly. “It will be okay I promise..”

Turning we started to walk behind the king, following to where the body of the Queen was. As we walked I continued to rub my thumb against his hand. I was still terrified of being here but I was trying my best to be strong for Adonis.

My feet carried me down a long corridor, going as fast as we could Adonis dragging me to keep up. Large wooden doors were swung open as the group hurried in. Large granite statues of the passed kings stood at the head of crypts. My breath hitched in my throat as a chill ran down my back.

Adonis’ grip tightened slightly as we neared the end of the room. The last crypt held a golden glow, lit with candles. Flowers single and bouquets placed everywhere. A single woman statue stood glorious and breathtaking. Her hands slightly outstretched together holding a candle lit. The glow of the candle casting shadows across the stone face.

“Adonis..”

I uttered his name as I looked at the broken man before me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12