Amari was doubled over in pain, she struggled to see and dots danced in front of her eyes. It was a wonder how Leoric managed to move dealing with such pain. She was used to immense pain, but she quite quickly forgot that she were not the only one. It’s not like she was some special snowflake. Amari slowly pushed herself to her feet. “Remind me again why I healed your sorry ass?” She asked as she tried to wipe the thick, vitae from her face. She was covered in the demons blood, so her efforts were fruitless.

She gave him a curious look when he admitted he cared for her, in a roundabout way. It threw her off. “The fuck is wrong with you…” She mumbled, the bite and fire disappearing from her voice. “You don’t do that. Whatever the reasons, it’s fuckin’ selfish. YOU bet MY life to push YOURself to win.” Amari placed emphasis on the words, driving home the fact that no matter his reasoning, his actions were grossly out of line.

“I never said i was a saint Red, I do what I must to get the job done. I am sorry.”

“Look, we should just get this shit washed off-” She paused, her tri coloured eyes travelling up and down the length of Leoric’s body. The blood looked as though it only lightly splashed him, but Amari was sure...no, she knew he was drenched in it too. “How the hell did you remain so...clean?”

Leoric blinked, glancing down at his form. “Well, look at that. Not sure Red.” He looked back to her. Amari was still struggling to stand, not only was she dealing with her own wounds, but she was also bearing the brunt of his. “Here, let me help.”

Amari protested, trying to squirm her way out of his grip, but she was in no position to argue. Leoric scooped her up and carried her in his arms toward an Inn. “You know Red, you spit a lot of hate and put on this flashy show - but deep down you’re a good person.”

Amari groaned, “No. I’m not.” She didn’t agree with him, and she didn’t like the vulnerable position she found herself in.

“Suit yourself.”

The two headed toward a nearby Inn, and cleaned themselves up - in separate rooms. Amari was sitting on the edge of her bed, cleaning the grime out of her nails when she heard a faint knock on her door, “Red, it’s me.”

“Right, yeh- it’s open.” Amari said, still frustrated with his actions.

Leoric pushed open the door, and closed it behind him with a faint click. His wet hair clung to his angular jaw and his silken shirt clung tight to his skin. “I’ve been thinking…”

Amari glanced up at him with a smirk, “never a good thing.”

He returned hers with one of his own. “No, it ain’t. I’ve enjoyed my time with you Red. But I feel it best we part ways for now. I got some things to take care of.” He lifted his arm, rubbing the back of his neck. “Don’t get me wrong, you’ve done more than enough to gain my loyalty.” He stepped forward, extending a hand toward Amari. “If you need me, send for me, I will be staying at New Brookshaven, small town just west of Gisela in Corone,K’ Red?”

Amari stared at his hand incredulously. “By ‘things’ to do you mean ‘people’ right?” Her response caused Leoric to give a hearty laugh. “Something like that.”

Amari sighed, “Tis fine. It’s not like you need to follow me wherever I go.” Leoric looked as though he were about to make a crude comment. “Don’t.” Amari said, which caused him to laugh again. “I need to report back to Master Ulroke. If I were you…” Amari paused, studying Leoric. IT bothered her, where did all that blood go? How could she possibly explain it to him? She gave her head a small shake.

“Just be careful, Leoric.” She extended her hand and the two shook. They may be parting ways for now - but in a sense, the two were indebted to each other and bonds had been forged. Such things were not easily forgotten and the world had cruel and interesting ways on bringing those people back together.