Blue
    Eye Color
    Yellow
    Build
    157cm 60kg
    Job
    Soul Seamstress

View Profile
    I pouted when he told me I had a weird way of speaking, I couldn't help it. Tradespeak was hard. "Stupid Tradespeak, hard words. Odd placements." I commented in short quick sentences to brush it off. To me, Tradespeak was a borish language and held none of the articulate beauty of Akashimian. If he could understand me in my natural tongue, hoo boy, I'd go from country town bumpkin to high scholar. Yep. High scholar Eteri, it has a nice ring to it.

The man seemed to move on from his statement, he started talking and my mind started wandering, mainly thinking about what 'high scholar Eteri' would do. I decided that high scholar Eteri would be boring, stuck with books in a library, or a bookshop. Who could possibly live their life surrounded by books sitting in a shop?

(Meanwhile, somewhere, a woman named Madison sneezed.)

I think he was talking about his family or something, his words sorta went in one ear and out the other, I was antsy, I teetered back and forth on my heels, as I glanced around the area before forcing myself to meet the mans eyes once more.

That's when I noticed it.

The slightest of gestures, the nuances of nostalgia in his voice. I reached out, not thinking. Granted, I rarely thought through my actions... this was another instance. I slipped a clawed hand into the pocket and pulled out a very shiny pocket watch. My eyes lit up. "OOo!"

I gave it a slight shake, "Shiny!" I beamed as I held the trinket to my ear. I could hear the faint 'tick, tick, tick' of the seconds as they passed. In my utter delight, I slipped and spoke in my native tongue. <"Oh! Delightful! It is like a little, itty, bitty, heartbeat!">

His reaction was hostile. First he swore in Tradespeak, then another language, then another and another, hell, I even heard a few Akashimian words in there. I stared blankly at him in shock as I watched the mischievous glow about him disappear as he snatched the watch away from me.

"DON'T TOUCH THAT!" He hissed at me as he shoved it back into his pocket, eyes glaring at me.

My ears flattened against my head. I didn't think he would be so possessive over it. "Yes. Ok. Alright." I said, giving him a good ol' pat on the shoulder. "No touch tiny heartbeat. Eteri understand. Come."

I didn't like the thick scent of anger in the air, I'd rather see the mischievous one return, and we sure as hell weren't going to get it eating boring ass dry rations. "No mad, follow." I said as I tugged on his jacket, pulling him toward the town.

"Special delivery I do, first we fun have, nya?"
    Last edited by Eteri; 05-11-17 at 11:54 AM.
    (01:03:51) FennWenn: "Mew I am cat gib me souls so I can make Fenn a blanket"