Les Miserables

Story- 5/10 (It became clear after your cliché introduction of A’lia that you might have been suffering from some writer’s block. Thereafter, the story was as unassuming as Fordstein’s death. I gave you some respite for your conclusion. Though it seemed almost ripped from the pages of Mockingjay, it was a fitting end for the Scourge of the Silver Furs).
Pacing- 5/10 (The faster pace of writing at the end of the thread did not fit the somber contents of the events it was describing; I suspect this was because you were rushing to finish)
Setting- 6/10 (From the auroras to the arquinta trees, you did a reasonably good job of describing Oria; however, except for a handful of posts, most of the settings, like the harbor slum to Meno, were generic. You also pay a surprising amount of detail to wardrobe, which I appreciate)
Action- 5 (Just another drawn out battle, much like your first thread)
Dialogue- 5/10
Persona- 7/10 (The relationship between Phyr and A’lia was solid, but it lacked the dynamics of some of the other threads. While I appreciated you carrying the theme of the washed up former captain forced into a situation that he didn’t want, the realization he was responsible for his own action was trite. The inclusion of the ghosts was an obvious cry for character points, and they had little relation to the current story)
Mechanics- 9/10 (Mechanically, your thread was the best of the finals. I was only able to find two usage errors and a handful of subject/verb inconsistencies. Nice work)
Technique- 5/10 (You used solid imagery and simile – and some onomatopoeias– but I did not appreciate any advanced literary or narrative techniques in your story)
Clarity- 8/10 (Along with Gum, your thread was the easiest to read. What prevented you from gaining a perfect score here was lack of sentence diversity in several places)
Wildcard- 10/10 (All factors met)

Total - 65/100

Rewards will be added at a later date.