Thread: A hornet in the honey (closed to nekoprincess)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EXP: 25,053, Level: 6
    Level completed: 73%, EXP required for next level: 1,947
    Level completed: 73%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,947
    GP

Name
    Rainee Azure Miyami
    Race
    Neko(Kitty girl)
    Hair Color
    Bright blue
    Eye Color
    soft silver
    Job
    She's traveling and shes unemployed

The marketplace was bustling, merchants were calling out their wares for sale, an almost inexplicable cheer was in the air as a cloaked cat-girl and a smaller kitty girl were making their way through the stocked market stalls. The little one was scampering from store to store shouting "Mommy can we get this?" her little tail was wagging happily, as Mylie's curiosity was at its peak.

Right at this moment the kitten was happily rummaging through toys in a beautiful stall, where stuffed animals were piled sky high on the rickety wooden shelves. Dream catchers were hanging blowing breezily in a light breeze. The colors of the feathers sparkling like gems in the bright Corone sun. Little plastic statues of unicorns, and Pegasuses and dragons also adorned the shelves of the toy stall. The merchandise just begging to be bought by Mylie's hopefully generous mother.

Rainee on the other hand was cautious, her soft hands clutching the hem of her cloak as her keen silver eyes were scanning her surroundings. Ever since her encounter with the demon Belial her heart had changed. Ever since Kedx had used her and abused her as a trophy wife the cat-girl was not the same light hearted person, her hands tightened on the hem of her cloak as she whispered "Honey can you hurry up and pick something? We have to get going home!"

Mylie's little tail curled in on itself as she said unhappily "Moody mommy! More moody then before!" the little kitten's eyes fell on a stuffed unicorn, her eyes lighting up as she murmurs "I guess the unicorn mommy!"

"Good girl." Rainee said proudly, urgency was in her heart as she no longer liked being out on the streets, she was always worried something would happen to her or her daughter. Even though the marketplace seemed peaceful at the moment, customer's happily chatting with merchants they knew. But the cat-girl preferred to be in the safety of Grace manor, even with the hell from Belial that happened there.

"So your little girl wants the unicorn miss? I can wrap it up nicely for you!" The merchant said happily, he was a small man with bright brown eyes and long brown hair that he had in a ponytail. His smile was bright as he said to her daughter "Little one, you'll love that toy, it's so soft you'll be able to sleep with it!"

Mylie's tail wagged happily as she was already hugging the large plush toy that was too big for her little hands. Trying to bring it forward she tripped toy and all and went tumbling forward crashing into a man that was hurrying through the streets, something clutched in his hands.

The little kitten was picking herself up, as her toy had tumbled from her hands, running to pick it up, Mylie would have done so if a bright flash didn't catch her eye. Something shiny was winking at the little girl from where the unicorn's had tumbled onto the cobblestone street. Mylie should've known better then to pick up the orb, but her curiosity got the better of her. The demeanor of the little kitten changed the minute that her hands touched the relic, she became possessive holding it close to her and staring at it.

Danger signs went off right away for the worried cat-mother, a hiss escaped her lips as she murmured to the shop-keep "Sorry about this, I have to get my daughter and leave, here...." she stuffed gold coins, probably more then the plush unicorn was worth into the stunned merchant's hands as he stammered "But...miss! I need to wrap the unicorn so it doesn't get dirty!"

"Don't bother, the toy will be fine!" Rainee shouted softly, her tail being revealed from beneath her cloak as her hands went for her bow and arrows. Knowing this wasn't the best choice she aimed an arrow at the hooded man hissing "Who are you and what is that orb?"

The man simply let out a laugh as he stalked swiftly towards Mylie and snatched the dazed kitten up saying jovially "Ah if you only knew, it seems your little one is quite interested in it though! Maybe I can use her to discover this orbs magic?" A dark laugh escaped from the hooded man's lips as he gathered Rainee's dazed daughter in his arms and cooed "Let's go play little one! Don't you want to see what treasures this orb hides?"

Mylie's voice was inaudible as she answered meekly "Yes, that sounds like fun!"

The cat-mother knew when her daughter was under a spell by now as she hissed furiously "Damn it no games! You just die!" She let an arrow fly at the man, knowing full well she was in view of Corone's marketplace but this time not giving a damn as she thought Not again! Hell no! My daughter is not going to fall victim to some orb's magic! Possibly a demon! I won't let that happen this time!

The man meanwhile sprinted off heading into the next alley nearby Corone's merchant stalls. The arrow, the cat-mother had shot embedded itself in a straw roof of one of the merchant stalls, as everyone in the marketplace was staring at Rainee as if she was a beast gone mad. The hustle and bustle of the busy shop street had stalled to a quiet halt, everyone staring at the cat-girl as she fitted another arrow into her bow, preparing to chase the man who had made off with her poor, dazed daughter.
    Last edited by Nekoprincess; 07-26-17 at 06:48 PM.
    Winner of Althanas 2007 Cutiest Character award!