Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Unknown
    Build
    6'6" /
    Job
    Phariah

The Mime finally lost his patience and backed up from the blind swordsman...least he assumed he was a swordsman, not many cut their thumb when swinging a blade about. Grumbling in utter silence the Homonculous' vision turned to the spectators...he hadn't noticed them before, but then he had only noticed the Wolf when it began approaching, as he walked towards them, barely even scuffing the powder covering the ground with those claws. A note was jotted down and then shown to the on-lookers, a rather simple, though fancily written note.

I was told my opponent is a man named Uukan Kamari for a tournament...if that is him could you please get his attention?

He gave a glance back to his possible opponent and could not get the feeling out of him that this would either be rather dull...or rather unpredictable...he could always poke the swordsman once then just jump away and wait for him to fall in exhaustion.
    Profile of a Creation

If one cannot be vocal, does that make my voice any less powerful than those who can scream for all they are worth?

GP

Name
    Uukan Kimari
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    crimson
    Build
    6'/205
    Job
    Miner

"I do not know who you are or why you are so annoying but this has gone on for too long."

Even with the injured thumb, Uukan grasped the hilt with his right hand as tightly as possible. Blood soaked through the clothe that covered his thumb and curled around the hilt guard that danced down the edge of the blade. With Wolfy still pawing his nose in agony, the samurai was left alone to figure out how to overcome the challenges that were set in place. Without his sight and hearing, the blind man had only three remaining senses to use against this creature.

"I will use my own strengths to fight. No longer will I only rely on just my enemies' weaknesses."

Uukan felt a tingling sensation spread about his extremities, when he relaxed all of the tension that built up while the stranger harassed him, as he cared for his furry companion, Wolfy. The samurai slide his left arm against the rough, steel blade, as it drank fresh blood gapping from the newly opened wound, and soaked itself bright red from hilt to tip.

Damn it to hell. The clothe that covered the blind man's eyes bunched up, as his whole face washed over with pain and tears.

The sword dripping in Uukan's blood softly drooped backwards when with a swift snap of the wrist sent the blood in the direction of where the person once poked the blind man in the back. When the moment was right, he knew that whomever it was they emit no noise and marked where he had to run in his normal dashing position with the katana held reversed over the forehead.
    Dreams easily remade to soar above the clouds.

GP

Name
    Mime
    Race
    Homonculus
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Unknown
    Build
    6'6" /
    Job
    Phariah

Out of Character:
    Theres no logical reason he`d know the Mime makes no sound but whatever...

The blood made a sound alright as it splattered across the snow...every drop of it in fact made noise as it stained the white powder...the reason for this was rather simple, a many number of feet away, out of range of said detection method...however flawed for any opponent but the Mime...stood that very lanky homonculous. In front of him were the two spectators who had commented earlier and he was still trying to get an answer from them, it appeared...rather dishearteningly that they were not educated in reading cursive, the Mime trembling slightly as his letters were forced in print. It seemed strangely cruel to make words of common in such an unelegant design, narcissism for ones hand-writing...curious.

IS THIS MAN UUKAN KIMARI?

"Oooooh, yes, yes thats him, the bleeding one"

If possible the Mime would have blinked and turned around to face his opponent...indeed he was bleeding and quite a large splat had been spread around him, rather messy individual. Taking a moment the Homonculous wrote out another note to the on-lookers and then returned to gaze at his opponent...what a strange being, blind...a rather large and ill-trained guide dog...along with a masochist nature?

DO NOT SPEAK OF WHERE I AM, THIS SHOULD ONLY BE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE

Both of them nodded in approval and gave their signal that from here on their mouths would be shut. The faceless artist of silence could have smiled if he had lips and then slowly hunkered down in the snow, getting himself quite comfortable indeed...what to do to fill the time before his opponent falls out cold...it seemed a bit of a hollow victory but he was not going to hit a defenceless blind man, however sharp his sword.
    Profile of a Creation

If one cannot be vocal, does that make my voice any less powerful than those who can scream for all they are worth?

GP

Name
    Uukan Kimari
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    crimson
    Build
    6'/205
    Job
    Miner

Out of Character:
    Thanks for restoring my inspiration. My disdain for everything spawned this character. Also, the inner voice is in navy blue. Most of Uukan's story was lost in the server move, so his inner demon cannot be found in any recent threads or his profile. Most of the events took place in the LCC, Magus cup, and Ithy's death bed.

He must have fallen for it. I cannot be sure where he is, but I can use my other plan.

"Wolfy, I need you to get it." Uukan motioned in the direction of where the young samurai liberated his blood.

"Slink." The sound echoed in the blind man's ears, when the katana sunk into the snowy ground.

You, of all people, awoke me, kid.

Who is there?

You forgot me, already.

Forgetting you is easy.

Awe that does not sound like the same weakling I inhabited. Did you grow a spine while I was away?

A lot of things changed since I became aware of you.

Well it is rare for demons to possess other demons, but for one possessing a half bred, like yourself. We are talking about a million in one chance, kid.

What are you talking about?

Poor baby, did I say too much?

Does Yomato know this?

How the hell would I know that? Also, you should worry more about your weakass, masochist self, kid.

You do have a soft side.

No fucking way. I just do not feel like dying twice in my extended lifetime. Now stop with the girly chitchat and bandage up that wound you so stupidly inflicted.

But I have a plan.

Yeah and? If I cared for an opinion, I would have asked for one. You are not permanently blind, kid. Your dormant demonic blood started changing your body. Your eyes are better than ever, and you can see not just in the light but also in the dark.

How is that possibly?

My possessing your body awakens your latent abilities that your blood carries. And enough with the pleasantries, for I will give you a choice, this time. I allow you to be aware of my voice, otherwise, you would be just as ignorant as before Sei spoke to you of Yomato. You can either lose your mind and become my puppet or you can live under my strict will only.

Uukan's blood stained the pure white mixture. With both hands to his sides and no life to his frame, it looked like a defeated and broken figurine left astray in the snow, when the samurai suddenly came to life and instinctively reached out and grabbed the sheathe and untwined the clothe with haste and curled the first section around his fist, until he had enough to cover the gapping wound.

Good boy. I see you have chosen to become my willing servant, as you should of five years ago.

I would rather be dead than follow your orders.

However, you are so good at it, now.

I never agreed to anything.

You listen well, kid, I have been alive for thousands of years, and you should be glad I have not made you kill yourself long ago.

Yeah and kill you in the process?

I can always find a new body, but I still feel your pain to some extent and that fucking hurt. Now pick up the sword and feel the air around you, while your eyes are closed.

But I cannot see.

Do I have to explain it again? Your sight was never truly gone. Now take off that soaked rag covering your eyes when I say so.

Okay already.

Uukan's right hand snapped toward the hilt and held it tightly in his grasp until the wound on his thumb started bleeding profusely. The blade of the katana began rattle and shake with velocity that began absorbing all of the blood that surrounded the grey haired warrior. Black smog enveloped the young samurai when all of the surrounding noise became a blur in the man's mind.

Now.

With the toss of Uukan's left wrist the material covering his blue eyes became one with the wind and flew off in the blinding dusk that grew every moment. Blood red encircled both pupils once icy blue now shone like emeralds. The explosion of processes in his receptors caused him only to see a white pattern that slowly faded away. The first time he could see in two years and only stared at the clouds traversing the sky.

Snap out of it and attack, you lazy bum.

But I can finally go back to Ithy.

I do not give a fuck about him or any of your friends. Now kill those slags of meat.

Only that creature over there.

This is not the give your opinion hour. Go before I make you do something you will really regret.

The sword moved on its own and pointed at the throat of Wolfy.

All right, I get it. Just do not kill him.

Uukan slide his fingers down the back of the katana squeezing the tip of his fingers near the point of the weapon. The dark cloud formed in all directions did not hinder the renewed sight of the former blind man. The piercing red eyes matched that of a demon, as he stared down his prey for the first time.

"Here I come."
    Last edited by Uukan Kimari; 02-16-07 at 03:49 AM.

GP

Name
    Mime
    Race
    Homonculus
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Unknown
    Build
    6'6" /
    Job
    Phariah

Out of Character:
    ...his blindness isn't even listed on his profile at any point and now you've just cured it using an inner demon that WOULD need to be mentioned, that is not on

So now the blind man was no longer blind... a tad convulted pondered the homonculous as he flipped through the well-worn diary. Just after skipping past the ninth, a small jotted down note that reminded him to purchase some thread for his scarf, the Mime softly closed his record of deeds, barely even moving the rest of his body as that bending arm slipped it back inside the travel pack. Snapping back into a more human shape his arm gently laid itself back on his lap before, with nary a sound the Mime rose up onto his feet... not much enthusiasm in said action but then he was not a great advocate of violence.

I do wonder why I entered this tournament in the first place... so was this all some form of trick or self-inflicted handicap?... it seems a little tricky to beleive a blind man can suddenly see, still he is beckoning his approach of me, suppose I should wait

That he did, those lanky arms rising up only to fall upon each other, claws rapping lightly at his shoulders and back simply from the thinness of his own frame and the length of those limbs. Might as well see how this foe will strike and plan around that... was still a mystery to himself why he entered this tournament, did not seem something to enter on a whim, yet, here he was.
    Last edited by The Mime; 02-16-07 at 08:51 AM.
    Profile of a Creation

GP

Name
    Uukan Kimari
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    crimson
    Build
    6'/205
    Job
    Miner

What are you writing, poetry?

I had to say something.

Just shut up and kill them already.

Ever since you reared your ugly head, you have been acting like an enraged parent.

Again, your opinion is not appreciated. Do you want your precious Wolfy to be killed because I can still slay him?

No, not him. I will do it.

Good, I am becoming impatient and you will not like me when I am upset.

A tingling sensation spread across Uukan's arm, as his grip from the tip of the blade weakened. All strength and pressure he applied to the sword began fading the moment the samurai's limb fell limp to his side. Blood slowly dyed the white wrapping a light pink hue, until it made its way to the warriors palm and fingers. To make up for this, Uukan dropped his right arm to his side letting the katana pierce the snowy cover with ease.

The black kimono caught a breeze, when he took the first step from his resting place. All his energy focused on keeping a balanced footing on the slick pathway, while he ran forward. The sword trailing along the young man sliced the icy mixture into a paste. With the darkness growing and his strength weakening, the young samurai used his upper body, as he whipped the blade upwards through the snow that aimed at his opponent's thigh and waist.

Yes. Maim him. Tear his bones and muscles to shreds.

GP

Name
    Mime
    Race
    Homonculus
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Unknown
    Build
    6'6" /
    Job
    Phariah

There was no vocal exchange in the Mimes mind, no moments of confusion, the homonculous say it all happen so very clearly. As the blade came up the silent sucess of alchemic processes brought his own right arm down, giving a light hop back in the meantime, the sword sailed through the air in front of his legs before the Mime began to move... upwards in fact. Two claws on the left and one on the right of Uukans sword, claw-tips pressed to the flat of the blade and the swing was lifting the entire six foot six creation off the ground, a simple twist of his form and the Mime was now doing a very relaxed looking hand-stand with his body mostly pointing straight up. While his back was to Uukan getting the opponent in sight was no problem as his head bent backwards upon that neck joint, leaving the Mime mask facing Uukan the right way up, perched on that blade by claw.

The back-pack slung on his shoulders sank downwards due to gravity but the Mime was disturbingly unaffected and like a whip he brought his whole form spinning around that shoulder joint, his back and such being brought forward and down at his adversary. But it was only for a momentary boost, both feet barely even causing a line of a dent through the Samurais kimono before leaping off entirely, a quick spin in the air and landing behind the sword-weilder... staring silently at the back of his opponents head.
    Profile of a Creation

GP

Name
    Uukan Kimari
    Race
    Tiefling
    Hair Color
    Grey
    Eye Color
    crimson
    Build
    6'/205
    Job
    Miner

Uukan contorted his body to match the reaction of the creature and leap forward, after he let the sword fly into the snow. The young samurai reached into the clothe of the kimono and revealed a steel dagger and twirled the hilt between his thumb and middle finger, until it caught the pointer finger where he sent it flying with an action of the wrist toward the stranger's face.

Reverting the right wrist, the samurai unsheathed his shoto and brought the blade over his head and held it upright, as he prepared for an reaction.
    Last edited by Uukan Kimari; 02-16-07 at 07:17 PM.

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Uukan Kimari

Story
    Continuity – 5 (Okay introduction but no idea of where your character was before – the Althanversary reference is a nice touch, though.)
    Setting – 3 (The setting was pretty bland and unremarkable, and neither of you did much with it.)
    Pacing- 3 (The battle seemed to take forever to start properly and the thread was unfinished.)
    Writing Style
    Mechanics – 5 (Use commas in your dialogue instead of periods – see any piece of published fiction for how to format this. Also, look out for typos as well.)
    Technique – 4
    Clarity – 5 (Pretty easy to read except in some of the longer back-and-forth dialogue parts.)
    Character
    Dialogue – 4 (I would’ve liked for the dialogue, especially the back-and-forth at the end, to be spaced out a little better instead of single lines of text.)
    Action – 3 (See The Mime’s comment in this category.)
    Persona – 5 (Mentioning how your character received his blindness was a nice touch, as was him being cured of it later in the thread.)
    Misc.
    Wild Card – 2 (Incomplete battle and the being cured of blindness, while a nice story move, is something that borders on a significant character change without approval.)

Total – 39

The Mime

Story
    Continuity – 5 (Again, no real idea of where your character came from previous or why he is where he is.)
    Setting – 3 (Same as Shadowwalker - the setting was pretty bland and unremarkable and neither of you did much with it.)
    Pacing – 3 (Same as Shadowwalker - The battle seemed to take forever to start properly and the thread was unfinished.)
    Writing Style
    Mechanics – 4 (A sentence like this “That soft black hair and his scarf billowing out lightly behind him, wind or not he didn't know this was just something that often happened to him, a traveller he had spoken to seemed to accuse him of having in-built dramatic effects but how a simple waving of the scarf be dramatic?” in Post #1 is awkward to read because it runs-on. This is really the biggest flaw in your mechanics – that and switching back and forth between present and past tense, as in Post #9.)
    Technique – 4
    Clarity – 3 (The tense changes made the thread hard to read…try writing everything in one tense or another, I think past works best.)
    Character
    Dialogue – 3 (The overuse of ellipsis in your dialogue harmed you greatly.)
    Action – 3 (Was looking forward to the battle but it never seemed to actually begin in earnest until later…this and the pacing score was hurt by the late start.)
    Persona – 3 (No character change, really.)
    Misc.
    Wild Card – 2 (The only thing worse then potentially powergaming is metagaming, alas.)

Total – 33

Both characters earn normal EXP.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

GP

Name
    Santhalas
    Race
    Elven
    Hair Color
    Brown
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'4/200 Pds.

Uukan earns 950 EXP and 100 GP and raises to Level 1.
    Mime earns 650 EXP and 50 GP.
    -The Althanas Chief Administrator and Editor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12