Thread: For the Sway! - Recruitment (6 spots open)

GP

Name
    Andreas 'Uriel' Erasmus
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Bald!
    Eye Color
    Grey
    Build
    6'3" / 200 lbs
    Job
    Priest of Illumination

For the Sway! - Recruitment (6 spots open)

4) Using the caches of Aleraran muskets and weapons and priestly leadership, join in one of the rural peasant revolts--storm the local manor and kill all royalist forces and members the noble family. Attempt to consolidate rule. - Ashiakin
    I don't think a quest has ever existed that is more appopriate for my character. I've come up with a premise that I'd like to carry out as part of the MQ - I'd like GM approval before I begin, though, just to ensure that this idea is acceptable.

Name: For the Sway!

Premise: A large village ('York') roughly fifty miles south of Knife's Edge is in a state of turmoil - the peasants and church officials have rallied against the nobility. This wouldn't be particularly strange or important considering the current state of things except for one important fact - this village borders a major trade route into Knife's Edge. Whoever controls the village effectively controls one of the largest trade routes into the capital.

Noble Leaders: Frederick York (Lord of the Fief), Palpimas Santine (burgomeister), Leonidas of York (Troop Commander)

Noble Forces: Approximately 80 well-trained swordsmen.

Peasant / Church Leaders: Elod Chivay (local battle priest), Firenze Chivay (respected elder, Elod's wife), Eva Vigne (local priestess)

Peasant Forces: Approximately 4,000 villagers, 600 of which have taken up crude arms against the nobility.

Number of Players: Preferably, I'd like to have 2-3 players for each side (excluding myself). I'll launch this quest when/if I've gotten enough players.

Potential Rewards: Control of the fief, gold, gifts, renown.

This thread assumes that 80 trained, well-equipped soldiers are roughly equal in strength to 600 untrained, ill-equipped peasants. The PCs will ultimately decide the result of this battle, and the peasants/soldiers will serve as distractions and obstacles - for example, you may be squaring off against another character when a peasant surprises you from behind with a pitchfork. This will primarily be a battle thread.
    Current Roster ---

Nobility

Church
    Uriel

Edited for clarity.
    Last edited by Justice; 11-16-07 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Clarity.
    Justice ~ Level 0

Circle of Destruction, Hammer comes crushing
    Powerhouse of energy
    Whipping up a fury, Dominating flurry
    We create the Battery

-Metallica : Battery

EXP: 59,200, Level: 10
    Level completed: 48%, EXP required for next level: 5,800
    Level completed: 48%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,800
    GP

Name
    Findelfin ap Fingolfin
    Race
    Raiaeran
    Hair Color
    Golden
    Eye Color
    Green
    Build
    6'2", 220 lbs
    Job
    General of Raiaera, Diadem of Telendor Nauvarin

You don't need GM approval, just carry forth when you are prepared.
    Exile of Raiaera

"He who has knowledge of the just and the good and beautiful ... will not, when in earnest, write them in ink, sowing them through a pen with words which cannot defend themselves by argument and cannot teach the truth effectually."
    --Plato, Phaedrus

Althanas Staff Administrator Emeritus