Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Even Wizards Have Shopping To Do...

GP

Name
    Dryden Amos
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    5 foot 9 inches and 166 pounds
    Job
    Herbalist and Adventurer

"You're a darling Erin," he said with a smile as he heard her agree to the offer and sort of glad now that the book shocked him he really wanted both books. He sucking on one fingertip still as he gazed at the protective covering in that book. He remembered her question on what spell he was using and he chuckled lightly for a moment vaguely making a note that he needed to expand the spell. Perhaps a Read Magic spell so he'd be able to more thoroughly understand the auras that the book gave off. He putting on a pair of gloves not wanting to burn his fingers again as he wolfed into a teacake.

"One particular skill I discovered at a younger age is a sort of detection spell that allows me to detect magical auras and slowly understand whats going on. Its a nice little trick and allows me to quickly guess what my opponents are doing allowing me to quickly respond to it. The book didn't shock me until I used that spell. I think it has to be intelligent its the only way to explain how it reacted after I started trying to read it via the spell," he murmured rubbing his forehead as well for a moment as he set the gold poach and voucher on the table. Also a pouch of dried lavender for her since she was a fellow tea addict. He shifting and wolfing into another tea cake.

"These are really good..." he murmured out as he shook his hands lightly.

"Ah I must sound crazy for wanting a book that just shocked me sort of like that one crazy wizard who had a staff that bit him if he annoyed it," he said with a chuckle remembering that weird story his father told him about a few years ago.

"Ah I should introduce myself as well," he said with a grin standing. "Dryden Amos, an adventurer and wizard. Though as the book has showed me still inexperienced," he said with a faint laugh. "Perhaps I'll drop by when I find myself loaded with coin so I can get more books." he said with a warm smile.

((OOC: I'm guessing the exact nature of the book will be discussed in OOC format?))
    Last edited by Nightfire; 12-08-07 at 03:13 PM.

EXP: 17,590, Level: 5
    Level completed: 60%, EXP required for next level: 2,410
    Level completed: 60%,
    EXP required for next level: 2,410
    GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    half human / half vampire
    Hair Color
    black with bloodred highlights
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

Erin smiled, her eyes bright with laughter. She flapped a hand at him, waving him to sit down again.

"Now none of that, you, I don't stand on formality here. No use for it what so ever. It's a pleasure meeting you Dryden, now sit and finish your tea and chatter to me a moment longer before you pay for you books and rush off as the young are apt to do. A staff that bit its owner in annoyance you say? Oh, how perfectly odd." Erin slid the fickle, cloth covered book into a chair near her so it was out of the way and pressed another cookie on Dryden.
    In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.

F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

GP

Name
    Dryden Amos
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    Job
    Herbalist and Adventurer

"A little formality never hurts," he said with an impish smile on his lips as he shifted and sat down again picking up his tea and sipping at it. He shifting and getting comfortable where he was not minding chatting up with this fun-loving book-keeper. Who knows what he might get for not minding continuing the talk. She already gave me a needed discount and she's a shrewd woman but, certainly...the game of business is one everyone wants to keep playing. Dryden thought to himself as he heard her curious comment about the staff.

He let out a throaty chuckle for a moment as he bit into the cookie groaning at the taste for a moment. Now Dryden wasn't bad at cooking he had plenty of practice but, god did he miss real bad for you things like cookies and cakes sometimes. His eyes had closed briefly only to open again as he looked up in thought.

"It must have been seven years ago I think it was after I had one grueling lesson in magic that ended up in a bickering arguement with my father. I was still hopeful about learning the great spells that you hear in fairy tales and legends. Great magics that could change the very fate of a battle. Alas I still hadn't realized that I needed the basics. Well I was sitting with my mother and she told me the tale of this one wizard..." he paused thinking about the name for a moment. The name what was that silly name.

"Lamolf the Inventive I believe the name was. He was an enchanter as far as the tale goes but, he got impatient when learning things and so his master made his impatient student a staff. An intelligent staff mind you so Lamolf was excited and didn't realize what the staff could do. Every time Lamolf did something reckless or impulsive the staff would bite him without warning to stop him. Sometimes the bites were in rather in appropriate places depending on how much he irritated the staff," he said with a soft laugh for a moment a smile on his lips as he finished off the cookie and his tea. He relaxed and content where he was sitting though.
    Really now why do we keep getting in these sticky situations...

Ah yes because we have nothing better to do.

-Dryden Amos

GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

Erin laughed, choking on her tea and sputtering for a moment. Undeterred her laughter still rose up to fill the room with it’s merry sound. Reaching in a seemingly flat and empty pocket Erin drew out a slightly bulky, brilliantly white package and laid it on the table before Dryden.

“Oh, what a funny story. Now that little thing is full of my cookies, take it with you. Everything in there is spelled to stay perfectly fresh for another two weeks.”
    In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.

GP

Name
    Dryden Amos
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    Job
    Herbalist and Adventurer

He chuckled at her sputtering on her tea as he heard her laughter a bit of a smile on his own lips as he watched her. She found the story as amusing as he did when he first heard it he seeing the package laid in front of him he blinking when she heard what she said. In fact that smile on his lips was even warmer and happier now as he carefully picked up the package. "Dear me you're going to have to show me that spell," he said with a smile as he carefully tucked it into his pack that was on the floor where he had sat it. He leaned over gently picking up the blue book and just as carefully he put the blue one in his pack next to his journal.

"Ah right do you know anyone who might know a spell that expands the storage capacity of an object while keeping the bag or pack or pocket itself at a consistent weight? It might be useful if I constantly plan on collecting books."

-Dryden Amos

GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

Erin smiled playfully and reached into her pocket once more, she pulled out a slender book and waved it a moment before shoving it back into the pocket.

"It's a handy trick a most odd gentleman showed me a very long time ago. Mmm, what you are asking about would probably take two enchantments, I think. The expansion of storage is an easy enchantment, and no my dear boy it is not the enchantment on my pocket. To keep the weight consistent a buoyancy spell would be needed."
    Erin frowned down into her cup of tea for a moment her mind racing to encompass how the two spells would interact and any possible problems.

"I can enchant items. Most enchantments come in four levels so it will be most easy to apply an enchantment, but mind you they become expensive quickly."

GP

Name
    Dryden Amos
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    Job
    Herbalist and Adventurer

He listened to her response and raised a brow when he saw the little book. So someone taught it to her it was either an easy spell that he could quickly grasp or something out of his league for now as he smiled faintly. He listened to her response on the regards of the enchantment spell and thought about it lightly ticking off the two spells and then shifting with surprise when he heard her say she could enchant. Well well well that was a handy skill indeed though he visibly winced at the word 'expensive'.

"Ah look like I'll have to do a bit of adventuring then and come back. The books already ate up my gold supply though I'm curious what you would charge to learn that particular spell thats on these delicious cookies," he commented.

-Dryden Amos

GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

Erin glanced at the door as she heard the chime of another customer entering.

"What did you ask dear? Oh yes the enchantments, now lest see. Space expansion, now that's a completely different thing than the bubble I use. Much less complex. Oh dear what are those levels again." Sighing and clucking her tongue Erin dug in her pocket for the slender book once more.

"Yes, both spells come in four levels or strengths if you will. Expansion, mmm, level zero increases the interior of a space by one cubic foot, it's 45 gold. For the buoyancy it's 5 lbs. of weight displacement at 50 gold. Now, I simply must help the person that came in. I'll trust you to leave the gold on the table for your books." Erin waved cheerfully and scooped up the cloth wrapped tome before she hurried out to help the noisy person poking around in her store.

GP

Name
    Dryden Amos
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    Job
    Herbalist and Adventurer

He heard the chime again blinking and looking at it as he shifted getting up as well and nodded as he heard the spells and prices. Something he'd have to do later on for sure as he lightly drummed his fingers against his staff. "Ah thanks I really appreciate your help," he said with a smile as he did indeed leave the gold and the voucher as well but, blinked realizing something very quickly when she headed to the front of the store. Something that was quite important to the young mage as he stood up heading to the front of the store.

Erin still had his book.

He quickly headed out heading to the front as he saw her handling a noisy pain in the ass customer. He carefully shifted waiting for a pause in the conversation for a mere moment careful not to have Erin bump into him.

"Ah Erin, I believe you have my other book," he said with a wary smile indicating the cloth-wrapped tome she was still holding as he shifted patiently for a moment. It was a pause it was fair since loud-mouth customer was silent for a moment.

-Dryden Amos

GP

Name
    Elena Alexi Nito
    Race
    Hair Color
    Eye Color
    chocolate
    Build
    Height- 5'1" / Slender
    Job
    N/A

For a moment Erin stared blankly at Dryden. Once what he had said dawned on her Erin glanced at the book lying on a shelf behind the back counter. Her face flushed and she shook her head.

"Oh dear. I think I misunderstood you earlier. It's not up for sale, at this time my dear. I test those whom are curious about it but the book rejected you. Not to mention the cost of the book is far above 250. I am so sorry!" Erin grimaced and shook her head, unable to believe she had chattered her way into this horrible mistake but she refused to give a novice a book that allowed one to tamper with death.

"For this mistake, I'll knock a hundred gold off of the price of the book you currently hold. Please, I do hope you are not vexed. So it's 150 now."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12