Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    4' 2"; 165 Lbs.
    Job
    Barbarian, Maga-Smithing

Mac tried to avoid being burned. The blast of fire was rather large and was very hot, a surprise to Mac that such heat could be created from so young a lass. He would have to be careful not to upset her if he ever actually had a conversation her.

She knocked the bandits out with three fearsome blows, large knots forming on their heads from the impacts. If they ever woke up again, they would have some horrible headaches. As it was however, he was still tied up, and the girl was pretty much spent. She even looked like she couldn't move anymore. She wouldn't be untying him anytime soon. There goes one chance o' gettin' outta here...maybe another one will come along soon...

He squirmed a little, trying to get out of the ropes that held him, but he was unable to move, and instead gave himself a small burn from the chafing ropes.Ach...the lass is out fer th' count...I'm stuck 'ere a bit longer i' seems. Gonna have ta make do fer now. If he could have twiddled his thumbs at that moment, he most certainly would have.

For about 4 minutes, everything was calm. Then, Mac was startled by the sudden, if hardly audible, tip-tapping of boots on stone. A slightly hunched-over shadow darkened the cave wall. Mac was scared in all honesty, even if it was just a shadow...who knows who it could have been?
    "Alter Ego" of Shenjara

Saving the underworld, one tunnel at a time.

"Honor is the foremost motive in this world. One must earn this honor, and then defend it at all costs. And if someone insults that honor, you get drunk with them, and then bash their brains out with aa warhammer where everyone can see."

GP

Name
    Kishurin Misohana
    Race
    Scia
    Hair Color
    Deep-blue
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'4" 142
    Job
    Ranger

The first thing Kishurin saw when he entered the room, if it could be called that, was the charred body on the floor, the head immersed in a small pool of blood. The girl was lain on the floor like one fainted with exhaustion, a bloody club in her hand. Her right leg was singed, burned but just barely...It will heal. She had clearly taken down all three of her captors, though how she did attacked without being killed, he had no idea. How'd she even get loose?

He crept over to her exhausted form and knelt down. She was still in her underwear, and she looked like she hadn't slept in days. He took her hand, it was ice cold to the touch, her forehead was burning. I have to get her out of here. She'll die if she doesn't get some proper medicine. But what about that dwarf? Kishurin looked around for the dwarf and found him quietly looking at the girl and what he obviously thought a strange human bent over her. He's been stripped of his armor, of course. I'll help him get loose too.

He took off his shirt, covered her with it, and then ran over to the Dwarf. "Need a good knife for these ropes?" he said as he pulled out his knife and began sawing at the ropes holding the dwarf captive. "My name's Kishurin. Kishurin Misohana, and I'll explain who and what I am later. For now, help me get this girl out of here."
    A thousand roads I have walked,
    A thousand souls I have stilled.
    A thousand people I have taught,
    A thousand dreams I have killed.

Do not concern yourself for the past, for only pain and suffering can you consult. Look, evermore, towards the future.....destiny awaits.....

EXP: 520, Level: 1
    Level completed: 26%, EXP required for next level: 1,480
    Level completed: 26%,
    EXP required for next level: 1,480
    GP

Name
    Mac Axehart
    Race
    Dukrav
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    4' 2"; 165 Lbs.
    Job
    Barbarian, Maga-Smithing

"Thank ye', human...er...human-like person-thing...I don't right know what to call ye', so Kishurin will have ta bit it. I hope ye' don' mind. My name's Mac Axehart. Jus' call meh Mac," Mac said as the ropes came off. "Th' lass do look like she be needin t' ge' some good rest. She's nah someone t' be trifled with, tha's fer sure."

He stood up and walked slowly over to the elven girl, rubbing his raw wrists. The cave floor was cold and he was shivering, each step only adding to the cold. He bent down and looked her over once, noting certain things, specifically how flush her face was and how little her chest rose from breathing. She's definitely ill. Mac sighed, "Come on, Kishurin, le'ss ge' th' poor lass outta here before she goes frigid from this cold cave." He picked her up carefully, groaning a bit. He had weakened a bit while the bandits had held him captive, and this strained him a little until he became accustomed to her weight. "We'd better see abou' gettin' everythin' that might belong t' one of us. Ye' seem t' have figured out where th' stash is, so lead on, Kishurin," he said, jerking his head towards the "door" of the cave. He really wanted his armor, though it would be a little bit harder to carry the girl with all that cumbersome metal arrayed about him. Ach...I'll figure it out.
    Last edited by Axeheart; 02-20-08 at 10:24 PM.
    "Alter Ego" of Shenjara

"Honor is the foremost motive in this world. One must earn this honor, and then defend it at all costs. And if someone insults that honor, you get drunk with them, and then bash their brains out with aa warhammer where everyone can see."

GP

Name
    Shenjara Flamespire
    Race
    Half-elf
    Hair Color
    Flame Red
    Eye Color
    Emerald Green
    Build
    5'2" 110 lbs.
    Job
    Alchemist/mage

Everything is dark. I can't see.(man's voice)"Shenjara...." That word...I know that word... "Shenjara!" Wasn't that the name of somebody? "Shenjara!! Shenjara, please!" Who is this person? Why is he calling out to Shenjara? (touch sensation) "Oh gods, Shenjara, get your senses!" Who just touched me? Is this man speaking to me? Who am I? "Shenjara!!!" Shenjara....is that...me? (heavy shaking)I...I am...Shenjara... "Damn it! Snap out of it, Shen!!" Shen...jara...Me? "Open your eyes, Shen!!"[/i]

Shenjara opened her eyes. Over her knelt a man she knew. This man...Joran...Is that his name? The man's eyes were filled with terror, his face covered in sweat and...ash? He wore a robe, filthy and stained, though it was clear it was usually clean. The man spoke, "Shenjara! Can you hear me? Can you understand me!?" I can...understand...him...but why wouldn't I? Shenjara let out a weak"Yes..." which clearly relieved the man a great deal, though he was still terrified of something; his eyes shimmered and were wider than normal, and she could see the fear right through them.

"Thank the Thaynes...Shenjara, there's not much time. You've got to get it together..." Joran said. Shenjara sat up and saw where she was. She was surrounded by a twisting aether of flame, ice, and broken threads. This didn't scare her...This looks frightening, but I feel safe...why? A sudden wave of unexplained terror gripped her and she screamed from the shock of it; she whipped around to see a gaping hole that was sucking everything into it, the blackness of the hole slowly growing and engulfing the world.

A terror came from it. It was cold, but not heat-less. No, it was cold because it was draining her. She could feel herself becoming weaker by the second. She suddenly remembered collapsing to the cave floor after drying herself out completely. Her spiritual energy had become so weak with that fireball, it had taken some of her life force as well.

That draining seemed to have worked like poking a hole in a balloon. She was slowly dieing. Oh no...I shouldn't have tapped into my life energy for a long time coming. I wasn't ready and I didn't even ask for it to happen...I'm going to die... She dropped as a feeling of hopelessness covered her as she let herself slip to death's cold hand.

GP

Name
    Kishurin Misohana
    Race
    Scia
    Hair Color
    Deep-blue
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'4" 142
    Job
    Ranger

Kishurin led the dwarf through the caves, an arrow notched to his bow. Every few minutes he heard a drop of water that made him jump, thinking someone was coming. The dwarf behind him seemed to be regaining his strength, and had stopped groaning under the girl's weight. She's probably not even that heavy...I'll bet [b]I could carry her, she looks so light.[/i]

After a few more minutes, they came to the thieves' stash. Kishurin turned to the dwarf and said, "Alright. From what I can guess, we weren't out for very long. And since the bandits' organization system seems to be mostly 'Throw it on top of the right pile,' you should be able to find your equipment easily. In the mean time, I'll look for the girl's clothes and equipment. By the way, her name's Shenjara. A good name to remember if you ask me."

He looked around for a bit, grabbing Shenjara's robe and staff first. As he looked for other stuff he was sure was hers, he placed the gear in a neat group near the exit of the room. He wanted to be ready for anyone coming, so he kept his bow strung and an arrow at the ready so he could quickly snatch up his bow and shoot. The next bandit who came through there would be in bad shape if Kishurin was still there.

Do not concern yourself for the past, for only pain and suffering can you consult. Look, evermore, towards the future.....destiny awaits.....

GP

Name
    Mac Axehart
    Race
    Dukrav
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    4' 2"; 165 Lbs.
    Job
    Barbarian, Maga-Smithing

When they found the stash, Mac gently placed the girl sitting up against a wall. She wasn't very heavy, and Mac's strength had managed to return, for the most part. Mac looked around at the piles and found his gear, donning his armor and belting his sword and axe to his side and back. He gathered the rest of his equipment and put it all in a sack he found, including some extra food and a couple of waterskins.

Mac took the robe from the pile Kishurin was making and tried his best to dress her in it without dishonoring her and himself. Luckily, his mother had taught him a little bit about taking care of sick people. He poured some of the water onto a rag he found and pressed it against her forehead to cool. Her fever was unbelievably high to the touch. She would die very soon if she wasn't cooled down. As for the rest of her, though...she was a block of ice. It was strange how ill she was.

"Oy, Kishurin! We need to get her out of here, now! Get her stuff together and carry it. I'll carry her and the staff. Now let's go; she'll die if we wait any longer, and if I didn't know better, I'd say she's actually giving up."
    "Alter Ego" of Shenjara

GP

Name
    Shenjara Flamespire
    Race
    Half-elf
    Hair Color
    Flame Red
    Eye Color
    Emerald Green
    Build
    5'2" 110 lbs.
    Job
    Alchemist/mage

Everything was black. Shenjara felt as though she were floating in...nothing...absolute nothingness. She could see herself, her arms, her legs, her long, flame-red hair, but naught else. She felt alone, as though forsaken by everything and everyone. Then, a light shined out of the darkness. It was warm and comforted her. The light came closer, growing brighter and brighter.

It was a man, beautiful beyond comparison, that held a torch and a long broadsword in his hands. He smiled at her softly, as if to say, "Come with me; I will lead you to peace." Shenjara was in awe, as if held in a trance by him. He beckoned to her, walking slowly away. He looked back and stretched his hand out.

"Shenjara, come with me." His voice was like the clearest water, refreshing and wonderful. Her hand slowly reached for his, willing to follow him wherever. Out of the darkness, a calm, clear voice rang, "Don't. Don't let him take you, Shen. It's not your time yet, you know that." She withdrew her hand for a moment, thinking It's not my time? What do you mean?

She reached out again, quickly this time, but stopped abruptly. "Fight it Shen. Be strong, and fight. He wants to take you, but don't let him. Fight it!" Shen contemplated these words as the beautiful man with the torch showed signs of impatience. "Just come with me, and let's go, already!" Shenjara was taken aback, the man's face was no longer beautiful, but rotten, like a skull with some of the meat left on, insects crawling and skittering. "Come with ME!!!" he yelled.

That man, he's....he's Death! And to top it off, he thinks he can give me orders!? No...He will not take me yet. Not yet...
    In a fit of rage, she roared at Death, "No... not EVER!!!" Death screamed in anger and lunged for her before everything exploded in a flash of light.

GP

Name
    Kishurin Misohana
    Race
    Scia
    Hair Color
    Deep-blue
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'4" 142
    Job
    Ranger

As they gathered everything together, Kishurin heard the tapping of footsteps in the caves. He could tell that they weren't far off and were going to run smack into the escapees. He looked over at Mac and said silently, "They're on too us. There not far outside of this room, and they WILL catch us. So be ready to fight." He looked down at the girl. She was sweating copiously and a look of anger crossed her face as her head jerked to the side. Her head straightened itself as her face calmed. Clearly, something was still happening inside that head of hers.

"She's definitely not giving up. She's fighting off something within the confines of her mind. Best keep her out of harm's way, Mac," Kishurin said as he moved Shenjara into a corner away from where the fighting would be. She needed to be undisturbed if she would survive her own fight. Kishurin then moved behind Mac, picking up his bow and arrow and drawing back for the shot. As soon as one of them showed his head, he would loose his arrow. The unlucky soul who next showed his face would never again see the light of day, if he had anything to do with it.

GP

Name
    Mac Axehart
    Race
    Dukrav
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Dark Blue
    Build
    4' 2"; 165 Lbs.
    Job
    Barbarian, Maga-Smithing

Mac drew out his greataxe. It was perfect for cleaving heads as they came around a corner. The footsteps which Kishurin had pointed out were very close now, and he heard a bowstring tighten behind him. Ah hope tha' arrow's for one o' th' thieves n' nah me. He looked over at the girl, checking her quickly for life. Her chest rose and fell in quick, short bouts, so Mac knew she was still alive, if only barely.

"Oy! Who's in thar? Is tha' you, Lovinsen? Didn't I tell you nah t' go in thar?" a man said as he came around the corner. When the thief saw Mac's face, he realized it wasn't Lovinsen. "Oy! Who're you!? How'd ye ge' in 'ere? Wha'-wha..." he said before being cut off by an arrow in his chest. The twang hadn't even registered in Mac's ears before the thief was struck. The man fell to his knees, his breath slipping out as he fell unconscious; the arrow hadn't hit his heart, and if he was properly cared for, he would live with chronic chest pain.

"Nobs! Nobs, wha's wrong, mate!?" said another man running around the corner. Mac drew his greataxe back for a wide slash. As the man showed his face, shouting to the rest of the caves, "Nobs is hurt, everyone! Somethin's happinin' in th' vault!" Mac let his axe sink into the man's flesh. Blood shot out and splattered the wall, and more began to collect on the flat of the axe which was sticking out of the man's side. He crumpled, the force of the axe having most likely snapped his spine.

Mac yanked his axe back out and prepared for the inevitable onslaught. There had to be at least 20 more of them in the cave, so the fight would be hard. That girl's fire power would be useful right about now...
    "Alter Ego" of Shenjara

GP

Name
    Kishurin Misohana
    Race
    Scia
    Hair Color
    Deep-blue
    Eye Color
    Black
    Build
    5'4" 142
    Job
    Ranger

The first one dropped quickly, a prepared shot striking him in the chest. Not a kill shot though... Kishurin quickly notched a second arrow as Mac cut down the next one. A loud noise came from the tunnel. There must be at least 6 of them. He tightened his bowstring as he pulled back even harder on the arrow. Seven men came charging through, various weapons drawn and ready to kill. Kishurin released his arrow which the first one barely dodged, but hit the man behind him so hard that his legs flew out from under him. He hit the ground, and arrow protruding from his skull.

Forgoing the bow, he drew his knives. He focused his thoughts on the knives, the pressure increasing on the handles as he pumped himself for an attack. He felt the snap and locked his eyes onto one of the bandits. He leaped forward with such speed that the bandit didn't even see the knives coming before they sliced his shoulder and side. The bandit roared in agony as Kishurin slashed at him, cutting his face and arm and effectively neutralizing the man. A club hit Kishurin in the arm, causing a large bruise and a painful ache. Kishurin yelled from the pain as he slashed at the arm holding the club. His attacks missed, but the bandit lost his balance trying to dodge and fell. This battle could go either way...I'd better pay more attention, or I'll get killed.
    Last edited by Kishurin; 01-24-08 at 07:11 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast