Hair Color
    Maroon with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

Ahhh ... that makes sense. I didn't think of that.

To tell you the truth, I've been using that "word" forever, and not a soul mentioned anything about it. Shadowed was the first one too.

Interesting....

Also interesting that it isn't an actual word per se too.

Alright, I'll try to not say it ... but since I've done so for 20+ years ... it will be hard to break the habit.

Thanks for the advice and help.

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by Petoux View Post
    Alright, I'll try to not say it ... but since I've done so for 20+ years ... it will be hard to break the habit.
    *eyebrow quirk* Precocious five year old, were we?

If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

EXP: 13,891, Level: 4
    Level completed: 98%, EXP required for next level: 109
    Level completed: 98%,
    EXP required for next level: 109
    GP

Name
    Kryos
    Race
    Dwiilar
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Crimson, Silver
    Build
    5' 11" / 158 lbs
    Job
    Wanderer, Soul Mage

View Profile
    *reads*

Wow. You know, the endless "fun" bickering here is really hilarious. There just seems to be no end to it; the hubris is climbing, climbing, climbing, and . . .

Anyway, congrats to TVS! I don't care about the fact that myself and Jericho lost. We had come to a good point with our characters and their stories, and that last battle was so epic. And, we were close in scoring, so it is all good.

Hrmm. What would it take to get a poll going for the best, most exciting battle? *ponders*

I look forward to the next two rounds, and the slaughtering that will no doubt take place. Let's put on a good show, eh?
    -Level 4-

The path of redemption requires both light and shadow.

GP

Name
    Morgoth Shi'Nito NightCast
    Race
    Legendary Shadow Beast
    Hair Color
    Night Black
    Eye Color
    Glowing Red
    Build
    7' 235 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    *reads*

Wow. You know, the endless "fun" bickering here is really hilarious. There just seems to be no end to it; the hubris is climbing, climbing, climbing, and . . .
    My "hubris" is limited to that which I KNOW to be true with absolute certainty.

Hrmm. What would it take to get a poll going for the best, most exciting battle? *ponders*
    Nothing's stopping you from making one in the Waffle House. =p

GP

Name
    Thomas Saxon
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Black
    Eye Color
    Blue
    Build
    6'1''/201 lbs.
    Job
    Hunter

Freedom! Best of luck to everybody in the following rounds and don't spend that $40 all in one place.
    HEY! If you are judging or adding experience to a quest of mine, READ THIS!

~~Fibonacci's Tales ~~
    To Trump A Bluff.. (Best Quest of 2007)
    Almost Heroes

"To be evil is easy. It is far easier to destroy the light inside of someone then the darkness all around you." -The Night Watch

GP

Name
    Gunther Rustig Bellum
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    White
    Eye Color
    Red
    Job
    Exile, begger, survivalist and apprentice summoner

Quote Originally Posted by NightCast View Post
    What about your partner? Couldn't he have contacted us and let us know what was going on?

Or at the very least, we could have gotten a response saying that he didn't know what happened to you.
    *eyebrow twitch* Yes, if we had internet access, or people who passed on messages, didn't need jobs, a little study, or had a hundred and one other things that put a person between them and a working computer and a site that actually works.

I unfortunately got overrun with things, and had to disappear for a few days, then found myself locked out of the site and no way to contact my partner except to hope the people who visited my livejournal and played here would be kind enough to drop him a note. Unfortunately this did not happen, and I stopped caring about you, your friend and this battle because I had more important things to deal with and people to care for. I'm sorry I've slighted you, but why should you care about someone you don't even know? Chalk it up to experience.

I understand you're annoyed, but you got through to the next round so why are we having this conversation? This is a game, it's not going to change your life or get you an awesome job of...I don't know, whatever job you want to have, or win you a thousand bucks or whatever.

See this, all of this, is not important. Althanas is just a site for people to write on, get critique and do whatever they want to do here. You have fun here, you meet new people here, you write. You create new stories. But one comp will not change your life. So chill.

(What's with the judge hate? Ffff! My god, aren't these people allowed to make mistakes?)

You two would have won anyway and you knew that. So! Round four for you. Enjoy it!
    Last edited by Menagerie of Voices; 05-23-09 at 02:02 AM. Reason: My grammar sucks.
    AKA Nirvana, AKA Lask Ventrist (ToC participant)

EXP: 5,321, Level: 2
    Level completed: 9%, EXP required for next level: 3,679
    Level completed: 9%,
    EXP required for next level: 3,679
    GP

Name
    Sara SixBlades
    Race
    High Elf
    Hair Color
    Maroon with white highlights
    Eye Color
    Emerald
    Build
    5' 94lbs
    Job
    Archer

I'd just like to say to you Saxon and Arsene ... that it was a pleasure dueling with you.

To be honest, you have been the hardest competition that either me, my partner, or both of us have EVER faced.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity and challenge.

Best of luck to you with whatever comes next.

As for the 5 year old comment ... it's 25*

Voices: Chill, NC didn't understand the situation. Shit happens, no worries.

Petoux: I hope you fight me next round, so that I can kick your ass into next week.

GP

Name
    Morgoth Shi'Nito NightCast
    Race
    Legendary Shadow Beast
    Hair Color
    Night Black
    Eye Color
    Glowing Red
    Build
    7' 235 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Menagerie of Voices View Post
    *eyebrow twitch* Yes, if we had internet access, or people who passed on messages, didn't need jobs, a little study, or had a hundred and one other things that put a person between them and a working computer and a site that actually works.

I unfortunately got overrun with things, and had to disappear for a few days, then found myself locked out of the site and no way to contact my partner except to hope the people who visited my livejournal and played here would be kind enough to drop him a note. Unfortunately this did not happen, and I stopped caring about you, your friend and this battle because I had more important things to deal with and people to care for. I'm sorry I've slighted you, but why should you care about someone you don't even know? Chalk it up to experience.

I understand you're annoyed, but you got through to the next round so why are we having this conversation? This is a game, it's not going to change your life or get you an awesome job of...I don't know, whatever job you want to have, or win you a thousand bucks or whatever.

See this, all of this, is not important. Althanas is just a site for people to write on, get critique and do whatever they want to do here. You have fun here, you meet new people here, you write. You create new stories. But one comp will not change your life. So chill.

(What's with the judge hate? Ffff! My god, aren't these people allowed to make mistakes?)

You two would have won anyway and you knew that. So! Round four for you. Enjoy it!
    I wasn't annoyed, I was merely making an inquiry. I apologize if my initial query came off as condescending or rude. And of course, I understand your post, I had major real life issues ball tap me as well, so I understand your irritation.

I was simply asking if there were other ways to avoid this issue. Of course, I had no knowledge that you were away from your computer prior to the incident, which would have made this make a great deal more sense to me.

Also, I'd much rather win the right way. Not because both of our teams had trouble posting.

Also, don't talk down about yourself. Shadowed is an excellent writer, there is no doubt about that, but I am average, maybe a wee bit better or worse than that. It's quite possible that your score would have outweighed ours had the fight reached a conclusion.

But again, my apologies if my post came off incredibly rude when it was not meant to.
    Last edited by NightCast; 05-23-09 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Editing to convey my feelings more clearly, and to avoid further useless arguing.

EXP: 14,275, Level: 5
    Level completed: 5%, EXP required for next level: 5,725
    Level completed: 5%,
    EXP required for next level: 5,725
    GP

Name
    Cael "Inkfinger" Strandssen
    Race
    Human
    Hair Color
    Sun-Bleached Strawberry Blond
    Eye Color
    Light Blue
    Build
    6'3" / 145lbs
    Job
    Scribe/Inkmage/Mailman

Quote Originally Posted by Menagerie of Voices View Post
    [/snip]

I unfortunately got overrun with things, and had to disappear for a few days, then found myself locked out of the site and no way to contact my partner except to hope the people who visited my livejournal and played here would be kind enough to drop him a note. Unfortunately this did not happen

[/snip]
    Mea culpa. >< I planned to drop Johann a PM one night after work and then got pounced by the workday from heck and a burgeoning cold and by the time I got home it had completely slipped my mind.

So, for my part in the incommunicado mix-up, you both have my apologies because now I feel like a jerk.

D:
    If I could make it work in life like it works on paper,
    If the love that I describe could be anything but words,
    Then I would wipe my eyes, I'd dry this ink,
    I'd trade my pen in for a pair of wings and I would fly...
    If only I could make it work in life.

Subterranean Homesick Blues

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast