PDA

View Full Version : The Auction House

Pages : [1] 2

Hysteria
11-09-14, 04:01 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/images/badges/Auction%20Sword.png

Welcome weary buyer to the Althanas Auction House! Here we sell special items that are sold at a fraction of the price they would normally go for. The catch? You need to duke it out against the other members of Althanas for the item. When one is released, it is given three days for bids to come in, should a bid come in within 12 hours of the end of the auction, it is extended for a further 12 (so no snipe bids!).

Auction House Rules:
Auctions last a minimum of three days.
Bids within 12 hours of closing will extend the end by a further 12 hours.
Items can be sold to other players after the auction, or to the bazaar.
Bids need to be a minimum of 10gp above the previous bid.
Items are sold as is, no customisation within this thread.
Like other items, they can be modified through bazaar requests or as quest rewards.
Unless in extreme circumstances, only one item at a time will be auctioned.
No fill in buyers allowed, the profile bidding should have the necessary GP (it is too hard to track otherwise).
A response won't necessary be given to each post, if it meets the time requirement (within 12 hours of the last post; at least 10gp increase), assume it has been accepted.
Bids should be IC, posts can be only a few words.

(You can subscribe to this thread rather than post in it if you want to keep track of it, but not bid on the current item.)

The air was pungent with smoke. The crowded wandered in and out of the large hall as lots were moves in and out and presented up on the stage. A single lectern marked the Auctioneer, a man with a greasy black moustache and a black top hat. His cloths were clean, mostly, but well worn. His teeth were an godly white, and his grin nearly stretched ear to ear. He probably had some tiefling in him somewhere. It wasn't just his look, any bargain struck with him could not be broken. Handsome Jack lifted his eyes to the small gathering and grinned. His voice boomed.

“Let the auctioning begin!”

Hysteria
11-09-14, 04:26 AM
“Ahem” Jack cleared his voice in feigned concentration. “Out first lot shall be for this impressive item. One glance at it and I'm sure you'll agree its worth having! My friends, my lovers! This is the Mirror of Eternity!”

Mirror of Eternity:
When the holder of this small hand mirror pictures the face of someone they have touched at least once, this mirror will show that person's face as if they were holding the mirror at that very moment. It will show them doing whatever it is that they were doing at that moment. The holder can alter the image and direction of the mirror by changing it from themselves. For example, holding it one metre from your face, facing south will show the person's face, one metre from the mirror and from a southerly direction. In this way, one can pan around them and see what is going on around them.

“Any voyeurs out there? A child, or dare I say a wife you want to keep track of?” Jack's face beamed happiness into the crowd, “Perhaps a mark for any of you assassin types? This is the mirror for you! Keep track of your quarry, or hell, your own personal peep show! I'll start the bidding at a well below price of 50 gold! I'm cutting my arm off and handing it to you to slap me with people!”

Lye
11-09-14, 09:05 AM
A hooded benefactor in the crowd raised his hand. "60 sovereigns," he boomed over the ambient chatter.

Roht Mirage
11-09-14, 09:35 AM
I didn't think I'd end up buying something just so no one would ever use it on me, mused a heavy-jowled man in resplendent merchant robes. His internal dialogue was distressingly feminine.

His voice, however, fit the part. "100," he bellowed as he raised a hand. An assortment of golden rings glittered for all to see.

Silence Sei
11-09-14, 05:55 PM
With something like that, Emma Orlouge thought, I would be able to keep an eye on Ella all the time.

Her hand shot up into the air and the quick motion caused all around her to step back and look/ she was dressed in her fathers forrest green cloak so nobody would recognize her face. She made sure to make her voice sound much more gruff than it actually was.

"One hundred and forty gold pieces," the middle daughter of the dragon announced.

Hysteria
11-09-14, 05:58 PM
Talen shifted nervously in his seat. He could nearly taste the shenanigans he could get up to with such a mirror. Flashing images of Astarelle half naked at Jensen just one potential.

"160!" Shouted Talen.

Silence Sei
11-09-14, 07:21 PM
The latest voice that placed a bid struck Emma as very familiar. One does not live with the Ixian Knights and not recognize the tones of their generals. She quickly shifted her way towards the source of the highest bid and found none other than Talen Shadowalker. She paused for a minute as though she didn't know whether to scold him or not, but instead walked over to him.

"Hi Talen," she said, "Halfsies?"

Lye
11-09-14, 07:40 PM
The robed figure in the back raised his gloved hand once more.

"200 Sovereigns," he called.

Hysteria
11-09-14, 08:02 PM
"No halfsies!" Snapped Jack, the smile on his face darkening for a moment, only to brighten at the next bid.

"200 ladies and gentlemen! 200 to the perv- I mean customer in black!"

Hysteria
11-09-14, 08:04 PM
"I guess no halfies Emma..." said Talen, tuning back to the auction.

"220!"

black shadow
11-09-14, 08:56 PM
I could keep an eye on Espoir while I'm away... Black Shadow thought. He grabbed his pen and began to write.

250gp!

His hand shot up in the air, the writing facing the auctioneer.

hoytti
11-09-14, 09:47 PM
Sorish had a thoughtful look on his face as thought of all the good he can do with the mirror. He can watch any suspected enemy at any time and he could also find out when his friends where in danger. This tool was too important to pass up.

Sorish raise his hand and yelled "600 gp!"

Hysteria
11-11-14, 11:41 PM
"600!" Jack smile ear to ear as he pointed at the coralian giant, do I hear any other bids or has this beautiful blue bastard bought this beauty?"

A few hours left to bid :)

Silence Sei
11-12-14, 02:56 AM
"650!" Emma shouted as she kept her eyes on Talen, "Don't worry Talen, I'll make sure to share it with you."

Hysteria
11-12-14, 03:24 AM
"650!" Shouted Jack, turning his gaze towards the girl, with an unnerving glint in his eyes.

12 hours from Sei's post is the new end time unless we get more bids!

Roht Mirage
11-12-14, 08:51 AM
Sorish is here?! Bury me.

The heavy merchant stood from his seat and shouted "800!"

Silence Sei
11-12-14, 09:43 AM
"No fatty is taking away my eye on Ella. 900!"

Hysteria
11-13-14, 05:11 AM
"SOLD!" Handsome Jack smashed the gavel down on the lectern, and with it the deal was struck.

“For our next deal gentle auctioneers, I have a special item. Ripped from the Dragon's mouth itself, I present to you:

Solar Flare Shades
A special set of glasses with tinted glass. As well as protecting the eyes from powerful light sources, they also absorb this light and can release it with a flash of blinding light twice a day. This flash of light will dazzle anyone looking, making them temporary blind for a post afterwards in most cases.

..shall we start the bidding at 100gp?”

Please link to this post for proof of purchase. Gold deducted! (18932)

Mirror of Eternity:
When the holder of this small hand mirror pictures the face of someone they have touched at least once, this mirror will show that person's face as if they were holding the mirror at that very moment. It will show them doing whatever it is that they were doing at that moment. The holder can alter the image and direction of the mirror by changing it from themselves. For example, holding it one metre from your face, facing south will show the person's face, one metre from the mirror and from a southerly direction. In this way, one can pan around them and see what is going on around them.

Link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=238265#post238265)

grim137
11-13-14, 07:14 AM
Xanbata smiled. The last item was useless to him, though it was fun to see everybody fight for it and over bid. This one on the other hand...

"100!" he shouted, raising his hand.

Fox Owen Xavier
11-13-14, 04:43 PM
The last item was interesting and nearly had brought the kitsune's money into play, but this item seemed a lot more practical especially for one with sensitive eyes.

"150", Fox yelled over the loud noise of the crowd.

grim137
11-13-14, 07:47 PM
No stray was going to out bid him.

"200!"

Fox Owen Xavier
11-13-14, 08:14 PM
Guess my purse is going to have a bleed a bit...

"250!" came response.

Hysteria
11-14-14, 06:16 PM
"300!" Shouted Talen, this time style pushed him into action.

Hysteria
11-16-14, 05:35 AM
"Really?" Jack's voice betrayed his dissapointment that there hadn't been more bids on the glasses. "Fine! The kid gets the glasses."

"Now this is a bit of a change. We have some raw materials for sale. Seems that someone forgot to pay their dues and we had to forcefully collect. In this package you will find damascus, steel, drakescale and eklan wood. Seems our little short changer had been busy. My sources tell me this would cost you in excess of 1200gp if you went out and bought this. So, I'll start the bidding at 400 gold, lets get this going people! At the very least, get yourself a nice discount next time you decide to pick up something!"

Amounts:
Damascus (2)
Steel (5)
Drakescale (3)
Eklan (2)

Solar Flare Shades
A special set of glasses with tinted glass. As well as protecting the eyes from powerful light sources, they also absorb this light and can release it with a flash of blinding light twice a day. This flash of light will dazzle anyone looking, making them temporary blind for a post afterwards in most cases.

Link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=238401#post238401) in your character update... I'll get someone else to deduct the gold.

I've going to change this format up a bit. I'm going to only offer a new Auction Lot once a week (around this time) so that there is some down time between items. Depending on this goes I might also shift it to once a month and kick up the quality of the items. PM me any comments you have on the format (likes/dislikes)

Roht Mirage
11-16-14, 10:17 AM
"500" shouted the rotund merchant with measurably less enthusiasm than for the mirror.

I'm sorry, Sorish. I wish one of us had received that. I would have let you use it to check on your son. An odd expression contorted the merchant's face. Maybe I could borrow it from the Orlouges for a bit...

Hysteria
11-16-14, 05:29 PM
"Why do people keep bidding above the starting price?" Jack smiled "No skin off my back! 500 it is!"

A birdy tweeted in my ear that I should expand on these somewhat. First off, the quantities relate to the amount used in crafting. Crafting weapons can be done in the bazaar, where effectively the price is reduced by the item you have. So for example, you buy a steel sword, that would use 2 ‘pieces of steel’. Your cost would be less the provided steel making it much, much cheaper. You could, if you desired, also use it in a quest to craft yourself. These could be made into items and then sold to other RPers, or sold directly on.

Damascus - Stronger than Steel, this metal is often imbued with magical properties for extra kick. It does however not offer much protection from magic, and is more often used in weapons than armours.

Steel - The catch all metal on althanas. Its better than your starting equipment!

Drakenscale - A higher tier hide taken from a drake. These make good armour against piercing and slash attacks, but also good all round protection. Not as good as Sea Serpent Scale or Dragon Scale, but decent and lighter than metal.

Eklan - A mid-tier wood, this is good for shields and armour and much lighter than metal.

Brand
11-18-14, 01:42 PM
"520" Brand bellowed to the auctioneer.

Hysteria
11-20-14, 05:48 PM
"Sold!" Jack threw his arm towards Brand. "Looks the resources sold for way less than they were worth. I guess we'll have to take a finger or two to cover from our defaulting friend. But you sir, enjoy your wood."

Brand receives the resources for dirt cheap prices. I'll deduct the gold, please link to this post for proof of your purchase of:

Damascus (2)
Steel (5)
Drakescale (3)
Eklan (2)

The next item will be up on the weekend.

Hysteria
11-22-14, 07:22 PM
"Feeling a bit underdressed?" Jack lifted a hand to into the air and shrugged with indifference, "Perhaps just looking for something new in the wardrobe? Well look no further! This little item may look like a normal scaf, but do not be tricked! Yedda’s Cloak will help you escape from those dangerously high situations. Caught in your lovers bedroom when her husband returns? Perhaps needing to make a quick escape by roof top? This is for you. Bidding, lets start at 200!"

Yedda’s Cloak
This is pure white scarf, about two metres long and twenty centimetres wide. It functions as a normal scarf, but when the wearer jumps into the air it rapidly spreads down their back with plumes of white feathers that glide upon the air. The wearer can control the direction with two hand holds, otherwise it will glide in a straight line. The length of time the cloak can carry someone is dependent on the wind, but generally quite a distance.

"Did I mention we can dye it different colours?"

Bidding starts at 200, so first bid can be 200. Comes in whatever colour you want, but only one full colour (no rainbow! I'm looking at your Aur).

grim137
11-22-14, 07:41 PM
"200!"

Alydia Ettermire
11-22-14, 07:50 PM
A Fae man fluttered his wings. None of the previous items had been of particular use to anyone he knew, but this one... There was a lassie he knew who couldn't fly, but really could use the option.

"Three hun'red!"

grim137
11-22-14, 07:54 PM
"400!"

hoytti
11-22-14, 08:04 PM
"I've already done something that a Coralain has never done before, why not something else. 500!"

grim137
11-22-14, 08:42 PM
"550!"

hoytti
11-22-14, 09:23 PM
"700!"

Alydia Ettermire
11-22-14, 09:32 PM
Deag's wings fluttered. Was this thing worth the price? Considering who it was for, exactly...

"Eight hun'red."

Lye
11-22-14, 10:04 PM
"210!" the shrouded man called out.

Steppenwolf Orlouge
11-23-14, 04:04 AM
"Nine Hundred," my hand lifted up way above the crowd.

Roht Mirage
11-23-14, 09:06 AM
The heavy merchant shouted, "One thousand," with nary a concern that his girth might test the strength of those wings.

Steppenwolf Orlouge
11-24-14, 05:44 PM
"Twelve Hundred!"

Roht Mirage
11-25-14, 09:37 AM
"Thirteen hundred!" the merchant shouted roughly, then coughed.

Silence Sei
11-25-14, 01:06 PM
"Uncle Steppenwolf?" Emma caught the large tuft of pink hair amongst the crowd of mostly average sized people. If the gentle giant wanted the item so badly, she would be damned if some chub outbid him.

"Sixteen hundred!"

Roht Mirage
11-25-14, 06:18 PM
Bury me. How much money do you have, pink-puff?

"Seventeen Hundred!"

Silence Sei
11-25-14, 06:55 PM
"Two Thousand!" Emma shouted, her anger starting to well up within her.

Roht Mirage
11-25-14, 07:19 PM
"Two Thousand Three Hundred!"

By the depths, Emma! I'll take you for a ride off the castle's highest tower any time you want, the merchant fumed, considering whether the entire 'rich merchant' act, while habit, was actually worthwhile here.

Hysteria
11-30-14, 05:15 AM
"SOLD!" Jack's teeth glistened. "May I say what a fine purchase for a fine woman? Next up gold sand that gives you immortality! Ha just kidding!"

The attendees didn't get the joke, but Jack knew who he had just made a deal with.

Gold deducted! Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=239268#post239268) for proof of purchase.

Yedda’s Cloak
This is pure white scarf, about two metres long and twenty centimetres wide. It functions as a normal scarf, but when the wearer jumps into the air it rapidly spreads down their back with plumes of white feathers that glide upon the air. The wearer can control the direction with two hand holds, otherwise it will glide in a straight line. The length of time the cloak can carry someone is dependent on the wind, but generally quite a distance.

Colour is up to you!

"Up next we have another scarf! It seems that someone is having a clothing sale! This scarf is perfect for... um... I guess tying people up?"

N’Jal’s Shawl
A spidersilk shawl, a metre long and 30 centimetres wide. The shawl is a strong as steel, but flexible. Once a day it can be activated with the phrase ‘Stuck Fast’, and the shawl becomes extremely sticky, holding onto whatever it touches like a spider web. If it gets cut or torn, it can easily be reattached with no reduction to strength.

Fox Owen Xavier
11-30-14, 03:12 PM
"Wow, that's a lot of money flying around," thought Fox as he reflected on the last item sold. "Well, maybe this one will be a bit more affordable and not end up in the IK castle..."

"200" came the first bid from the crowd.

Hysteria
11-30-14, 03:42 PM
I forgot to put in a starting bid! 200 is perfect, thanks foxy

"250!" Shouted Talen. The other thayne toys be dammed, Talen wanted the N'Jal item.

Zack Blaze
11-30-14, 04:06 PM
"400!" Two shackled hands came up. They belonged to none other than Althanas most infamous criminal, Zack Blaze. "It'd be great addition to my hat."

grim137
11-30-14, 07:53 PM
"700! Each shit pretty boy!"

Dissinger
11-30-14, 09:58 PM
"750," the words came under the brim of a hat, held low to hide a face.

Zack Blaze
12-02-14, 07:26 PM
"900!" Zack's shackled hands shot up once more.

Hysteria
12-04-14, 08:05 PM
"Sooooold!" Jack brought his hand down and signed the deal.

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=239627#post239627) for proof of purchase.

N’Jal’s Shawl
A spidersilk shawl, a metre long and 30 centimetres wide. The shawl is a strong as steel, but flexible. Once a day it can be activated with the phrase ‘Stuck Fast’, and the shawl becomes extremely sticky, holding onto whatever it touches like a spider web. If it gets cut or torn, it can easily be reattached with no reduction to strength.

Gold deducted!

"Next weapon ladies and gentelmen is this... rather tasteless flail..."

Hogrimah's Balls:
This is a two chain and spiked ball flail made from titanium. The chain is two foot long, with a three foot wooden handle. For most people it would be wielded with two hands. As well as the normal damage such a weapon would inflict, once blood is drawn, the balls become wreathed in fire. This weapon is also called Hogrimah's Great Balls of Fire.

"Bidding starts at 500 gold!"

Silence Sei
12-05-14, 10:16 PM
"Question!" Emma Orlouge's hand shot up, "Can we rename this weapon? I don't feel comfortable putting something called Hromagh's....balls into the Ixian Vault. It's embarassing."

Hysteria
12-05-14, 11:11 PM
"You can call its Fluffy Rabbit once its yours, do I smell a bid?" Replied Jack.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-06-14, 11:00 AM
"Another question. If no one starts bidding on this... 'weapon' can we see another item since there apparently isn't that much interest in such a 'thing'?" Fox asked.

Hysteria
12-07-14, 06:44 PM
"But... The titanium...." Jack saw he was defeated. "Fine. I'm dropping the starting bid on Hogrimah's Balls to 300. We'll also auction another item as well. Make sure you specify which you're bidding for kids."

Jomil’s Circle
The Thayne of rebirth adorns this large mythril shield, in a design that has been described by some as the most beautiful to adorn a tool of war. Jomil’s slender form seems to pop out of the shield, such is the detail of the etched figure. Once a day the wielder can call upon the power of the thayne in one of two ways:
Decay: Jomil’s form comes to life and the pale blue god stretches out from the shield two metres. Her visage moves slowly, but everything it touches decays and ages. Wood rots, flesh hardens and stiffens and metal rusts. It won’t kill someone, but it’ll slow them down in a painful way.
Rebirth:
This effect can be used from the front of the shield or the back onto the wearer. Jomil’s form caresses one person caught in her form and heals them back to full health. It should be noted that this only affects physical damage or poison. Magic curses are not effected.

"Not kidding around d with this one kids, starting bid is 700 gold."

hoytti
12-07-14, 06:49 PM
"700 for the Shield!" Sorish said as he raised his paddle. He was a shieldman, he won't be able to go much higher than the current price though. But he has to at least try. Plus he could probably waterproof it later.

Silence Sei
12-07-14, 07:16 PM
"300 for the Hromagh then!" Emma shouted.

Hysteria
12-07-14, 11:14 PM
"800 for the shield!" Shouted Talen.

Lye
12-08-14, 12:42 AM
"350 for the flail," called the stranger.

hoytti
12-08-14, 12:49 AM
"850 for the shield" Sorish called, it was the highest he was willing to go.

Silence Sei
12-08-14, 12:55 AM
"450 for the flail" Emma cried out.

Hysteria
12-08-14, 01:01 AM
"870 for the shield!" Called Talen. It wasn't the highest he'd go.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-08-14, 06:17 PM
"Hmm, not really into weapons and armor but that shield sounds interesting..." Fox thought. "900!" was his attempt at wining the auction.

black shadow
12-08-14, 08:20 PM
sorish is a friend... black showdown thought. He turned to his translator who repeated what he said.

"I'll add 150 to the giant coral creature's bid and he can keep the shield! 1000 for it!"

OOC: sorish's 850gp bid is still in play adding Shadow's 150gp bid. So Sorish's now ha a bid of 1000gp for the shield.

Hysteria
12-09-14, 04:47 AM
"Oi! What did I say about no split bid!?" Jack point at the Fox, "Fluffy tail over there has the shield at 900 so far. Any more bids?"

No splits unfortuantly, you need to have the money in your account at the time of bidding for it to be accepted.

Hysteria
12-09-14, 04:48 AM
"935 for the Shield!" Shouted Talen.

Silence Sei
12-09-14, 06:45 AM
"1000 for the shield" Emma shout, then looked over to the overly tall bidder "Since Copyright Infringement Jack wants to be a jerk, I'll just give the thing to you and you just give me what you have in exchange, deal?"

hoytti
12-09-14, 08:26 AM
Sorish looked over at the lady that offered a trade. He didn't know if she meant the shield or the money. "I agree to your terms my dear. I also thank you."

If we must we can do another thread to give you what I have in exchange for the shield.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-09-14, 05:07 PM
"Got to win something or all this time sitting here instead of gather supplies will be wasted," was Fox's annoyed thoughts as he called his new bid of 1050 gold for the shield.

Silence Sei
12-09-14, 10:29 PM
"1100 on the shield," emma said as the would be benficiary looked towards her client, unsure of how high he was willing to let her go.

hoytti
12-09-14, 10:40 PM
Sorish looked over to Emme before he wrote down a top price for her to reach. He then slipped it into her hand before he looked towards the front.

Fox Owen Xavier
12-10-14, 05:37 PM
"Damn humans! And whatever that thing is..."

"1200 gold" came Fox's borderline angry response to being outbid yet again on the shield.

Silence Sei
12-10-14, 05:52 PM
"1400!"

Hysteria
12-14-14, 06:14 AM
"Well then little miss money bags, it seems you have yourself some shiny new items." said Jack, refraining from making another double entendre.

Sei gets the Shield and Balls for 1850 in total.

Jomil’s Circle
The Thayne of rebirth adorns this large mythril shield, in a design that has been described by some as the most beautiful to adorn a tool of war. Jomil’s slender form seems to pop out of the shield, such is the detail of the etched figure. Once a day the wielder can call upon the power of the thayne in one of two ways:
Decay: Jomil’s form comes to life and the pale blue god stretches out from the shield two metres. Her visage moves slowly, but everything it touches decays and ages. Wood rots, flesh hardens and stiffens and metal rusts. It won’t kill someone, but it’ll slow them down in a painful way.
Rebirth: This effect can be used from the front of the shield or the back onto the wearer. Jomil’s form caresses one person caught in her form and heals them back to full health. It should be noted that this only affects physical damage or poison. Magic curses are not effected.

Hogrimah's Balls:
This is a two chain and spiked ball flail made from titanium. The chain is two foot long, with a three foot wooden handle. For most people it would be wielded with two hands. As well as the normal damage such a weapon would inflict, once blood is drawn, the balls become wreathed in fire. This weapon is also called Hogrimah's Great Balls of Fire.

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=240453#post240453) as proof of purchase. If you want to give away the shield, please make another thread in the bazaar where you swap it and whatever gold you like. Gold will be deducted.

"Next up we have some resources for all you budding craftsmen and craftswomen out there." Jack pointed towards a crate that was being brought onto the stage as the last two items were taken off. “Seems a shipment of metal has fallen into our hands, and time to move it to yours.”

Steel (3)
Damascus (2)
Delyn (1)
Prevalida (1)

“Shall we start the bidding at 400?”

Cost to buy these resources from the bazaar would be just over 900gp.

Steel: Providing a bit more strength than iron, steel also costs a bit more. Many an adventurer, including the great Devon Starslayer, used nothing more than a simple steel sword.

Damascus: Magic imbues into this light gray metal easily, but at the same time damascus provides little resistance to magical attacks.

Delyn: An alloy of Dehlar and Damascus that is a blend of both magic-resistance and magic-imbuing potential. It is a good all-around material for many weapons. However it tends to release its stored energy explosively when broken by a significantly stronger material.

Prevalida: Although stronger than mythril, this blue metal is slightly heavier than Delyn. Prevalida is both resistant to magical attacks and capable of channeling the magic of its wielder to new heights.

Hysteria
12-14-14, 06:19 AM
"400!" Shouted Talen.... he really wanted that sheild... perhaps he could mug Sorish after the swap.

Hysteria
12-18-14, 05:00 AM
"Well... that was a depressing sale..." Jack tapped the lecturn.

Hysteria ( D: ) gets the resources.

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=240712#post240712) for proof of purchase, I'll get someone else to deduct the gold.

Gained:
Steel (3)
Damascus (2)
Delyn (1)
Prevalida (1)

“Oh boy! It looks like we have a special deal tonight. The Jester, a famous assassin and clown has just died of old age. Seems like we have some of the old farts possessions to liquidate. Today I can offer you a 'Jester Bundle'! All these items form one block, so please bid on the whole thing. Get it now, starting bid is 400!”

Jester’s Knife:
This small Mythril knife was named after the assassin that used it. The Jester was famous for dazzling his opponents with colour and light before striking them down. This knife creates sheets of fine silk the size of large bedsheets that unravel in the air and hang for a moment before dropping to the ground (and then disappearing). Although it is incredibly hard to use, a talented and agile fighter can move around these silks to hide their movements. While the defence is purely visual, it makes up for it by having no limit on use. Every post the knife can create a two sheets of silk (colour of your choice) within five metres of it. They dissapear within a few seconds of being created.

Flash Potion:
This is a peculiar mix of chemicals inside a small round glass bottle. When thrown it explodes in a flash of light, blinding anyone caught looking at it for a brief period (one post strong effect, weak effect for another two posts). The downside, you can only carry one of these bad boys a day, so use it wisely! (One use a day, another one is given the next day from ‘The Supplier’)

The Red Ribbon:
This is a three foot long, one inch wide red ribbon. It is made from fine N’Jal Spidersilk, and is nearly unbreakable. A fantastic fashion accessory for anyone with long hair.

The Blue Robin:
A small metal robin, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can sing, fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder, which can detonate in a flash of light, and burning anything it was touching. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.

Philomel
12-18-14, 05:14 AM
Philomel looked up from her seat at the back of the auction hall. Her furry legs were propped up on another chair opposite her and to either side of her sat a trusted member of her brave, adventurous female crew. She paused for a moment, thinking of the interest that had grown around the items before - the mirror, the shield, and then the sad single bid on the prize that was the materials - then she raised a hand into the air.

"I will start you at 400 gold, darling," she said in a bold, loud voice.

And the bid from the faun was set.

grim137
12-18-14, 06:50 AM
"450 for the jester stuff!".

Alydia Ettermire
12-18-14, 07:30 AM
Deag knew someone who would love this stuff. "Six hun'red."

Ciato Orlouge
12-22-14, 11:50 PM
"Seven Hundred" A hand came up.

((Unsure if I'm too late for this, but worth the shot.))

Hysteria
12-23-14, 02:36 AM
Jack brought down his hand just as Ciato made his bid.

"Ya missed the boat buddy! Quick or the dead around here!"

Where in the World gains:

Jester’s Knife:
This small Mythril knife was named after the assassin that used it. The Jester was famous for dazzling his opponents with colour and light before striking them down. This knife creates sheets of fine silk the size of large bedsheets that unravel in the air and hang for a moment before dropping to the ground (and then disappearing). Although it is incredibly hard to use, a talented and agile fighter can move around these silks to hide their movements. While the defence is purely visual, it makes up for it by having no limit on use. Every post the knife can create a two sheets of silk (colour of your choice) within five metres of it. They dissapear within a few seconds of being created.

Flash Potion:
This is a peculiar mix of chemicals inside a small round glass bottle. When thrown it explodes in a flash of light, blinding anyone caught looking at it for a brief period (one post strong effect, weak effect for another two posts). The downside, you can only carry one of these bad boys a day, so use it wisely! (One use a day, another one is given the next day from ‘The Supplier’)

The Red Ribbon:
This is a three foot long, one inch wide red ribbon. It is made from fine N’Jal Spidersilk, and is nearly unbreakable. A fantastic fashion accessory for anyone with long hair.

The Blue Robin:
A small metal robin, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can sing, fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder, which can detonate in a flash of light, and burning anything it was touching. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.

Gold taken, please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=241122#post241122) as proof.

http://socialtimes.com/files/2010/09/gift-icon.png http://socialtimes.com/files/2010/09/gift-icon.png http://socialtimes.com/files/2010/09/gift-icon.png http://socialtimes.com/files/2010/09/gift-icon.png

"Next up, as we all mourn the frustrating gift that all mystics received this week, we have our own gifts! I have four 'mystery gifts' which contain a different present in each. Green, Red, White and Yellow. These gifts contain one of:

A (very) valuable sword of good quality metal and an enchantment.
A good quality six shooter pistol and some ammo
A small item that has a descent magical enchantment.
The figurative coal in the stocking; it is small, and magical, but more a novelty item.

After the presents are auctioned off then we will have a random draw (I'll get someone in chat to do it) and the auction winners will get their prizes! When voting please name the colour (Green, Red, White or Yellow) and your bid! Starting price for each is 50gp!”

Hysteria
12-23-14, 02:40 AM
"Fiddy on Red and Fiddy on White!" Shouted Talen.

Vincent the cold
12-23-14, 03:56 AM
"Fifty on both Green and yellow" Added Vincent

Silence Sei
12-23-14, 05:16 AM
"One hundred on White" Emma shouted.

Tankita Bananas
12-23-14, 05:18 AM
"One hundred on green" A 'voice' rang out from the crowd, seemingly from the large mechanical thing that stood among them

"Ok, how the hell did nobody notice that thing?" A random guy pointed to the tank, "And are you auctioning that off any time soon?"

Andy Rorton
12-23-14, 05:20 AM
"Hopefully it's not the coal," Andy said as something in the auction house finally piqued his interest, "I can already make that myself. Two hundred on red."

Hysteria
12-23-14, 05:33 AM
"Erm... maybe. For now forget the 'tank' and focus on presents."

Current bids:
Green: 100
Red: 200
White: 100
Yellow: 50

black shadow
12-23-14, 06:28 AM
"yellow 200!!" Shadow's interpreter shouted!

grim137
12-23-14, 08:43 AM
"150 on white and on green!"

Silence Sei
12-23-14, 08:50 AM
"Three Hundred on White! Seriously, what's with all these fellow IK members bidding on the same things? Weird."

Tankita Bananas
12-23-14, 08:51 AM
"Two hundred on green" Tankita's psychic voice said once more.

"Seriously? Nobody is going to question the talking tank?"

Philomel
12-23-14, 09:31 AM
"250 on yellow," a hand waved lazily into the air.

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-23-14, 09:57 AM
I eyeballed the other figures bidding on mystery item. Denying me anything the color green?

"300 on Green."

Amber Eyes
12-23-14, 10:27 AM
"300 on yellow, 350 on green!"

grim137
12-23-14, 10:59 AM
"350 on white"

Silence Sei
12-23-14, 11:07 AM
"400 on white!"

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-23-14, 11:53 AM
"400 on green", I said through clenched teeth.

Solar Haven
12-23-14, 01:09 PM
"Two Hundred fifty on Red, Three Hundred Fifty on Yellow" Adonis piped in

Andy Rorton
12-23-14, 01:10 PM
"Five Hundred on Red!"

Amber Eyes
12-23-14, 01:12 PM
"500 on Green, 400 on Yellow!"

Solar Haven
12-23-14, 01:20 PM
"550 Red!"

Hysteria
12-23-14, 03:40 PM
Current bids:
Green: 500
Red: 550
White: 400
Yellow: 400

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-24-14, 07:40 AM
"Motherfff-- 550 on Green!"

Amber Eyes
12-24-14, 08:19 AM
"600 on Green!"

Hysteria
12-24-14, 01:50 PM
"450 yellow!"

Solar Haven
12-24-14, 02:03 PM
"500 Yellow!"

Hysteria
12-24-14, 02:05 PM
TAT)/

"450 white!"

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-24-14, 02:42 PM
"601 on Green."

Amber Eyes
12-24-14, 02:47 PM
"That was too good. I'm not even going to fight that one. 550 on yellow!"

Hysteria
12-24-14, 07:35 PM
"Oi!" Jack pointed at poison ivy, "minimum bids of 10!"

Solar Haven
12-25-14, 06:03 AM
560 Yellow

Amber Eyes
12-25-14, 06:29 AM
"600 yellow!"

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-25-14, 07:29 AM
I leered at at the auctioneer. "610 on Green, then," I said as wisps of purple leaked out the corner of my mouth.

Silence Sei
12-26-14, 03:11 AM
"600 on white!"

Lye
12-26-14, 01:58 PM
((400 GP Removed From Hysteria's Won Bid))

Hysteria
12-26-14, 04:28 PM
Current bids:
Green: 610
Red: 550
White: 600
Yellow: 600

Hysteria
12-29-14, 07:05 AM
I told Phi the item numbers on chat, then had BABE order the colours. The resulting order determined who got what!

(23:15:02) Hysteria: phi, can i whisper the contents of the presents to you, then Babe, can you pick the order of the colors?
(23:15:13) BlackAndBlueEyes: Sure can
(23:15:27) Hysteria: (whispers to Philomel) 1 Sword
2 item
3 shooter
4 coal
(23:15:50) Hysteria: Andy, can you put these colours Green, Red, White and Yellow in an order for me?
(23:16:02) Philomel: okay
(23:16:11) BlackAndBlueEyes: (whispers) White, green, yellow, red
(23:16:17) Philomel: and the order you tell me fllows the order of the colours Babe decides
(23:16:38) Hysteria: no need to whisper that andy
(23:16:44) BlackAndBlueEyes: Oh okay
(23:16:59) Hysteria: phi is the witness for what number in the order gets what
(23:17:05) BlackAndBlueEyes: Gotcha
(23:17:24) Hysteria: (23:16:11) BlackAndBlueEyes: (whispers) White, green, yellow, red

Green: 610 Babe 2 item
Red: 550 Solar 4 coal
White: 600 Sei 1 Sword
Yellow: 600 Amber 3 shooter

Green Present – BlackAndBlueEyes

Painstakingly wrapped with green paper the present sloshed slightly as it was delivered. Pulling the large red ribbon the present nearly unwrapped itself. Inside was jar of green liquid, in which was floating half a dozen eyes. The moment the wrapping was removed the eyes twisted towards their new owner.

Half-Dozen Eyes:
Six eyes float in a small glass jar of dirty green liquid and constantly swivel to stare at whatever is outside. The eyes can be released from their jar and fly out into the air. For the next five posts (or hour if it comes first) the eyes operate as eyes for their owner, providing feedback from six different locations at once. The only drawback is that the eyes must be within twenty metres of the owner to connect.

Red Present- Solar Haven

The wrapping for this present was slightly dirty. While the others were pristine, this one seemed a bit off. The wrapping fell apart as soon as it was placed down, and in it was suddenly empty apart from some soot. That’s when the new owner felt something in his pocket that hadn’t been there before.

A Pocket Full of Coal:
This coal is about the size of a fist, and nearly leaks soot constantly. No matter what, no matter where, this coal will be in your pocket; slowly creating a build-up of find black dust that is a real pain to get rid of. Don’t have a pocket on those pants? Do now. This coal will make a pocket if there isn’t one. As a very slight benefit, you can throw the coal at people and it will appear back in your pocket a few seconds after hitting them (a post). Its also useful for lighting fires, and will regenerate if burnt or destroyed.

White – SilenceSei

This gift didn’t even try and hid what it was. The long, thin form was that of a sword. The wrapping was immaculate, as if it was made of pure light. The bow was white as well, and crisp and clean. The paper fell in sheets off the present to reveal the sword.

Sword of Dreams:
This sword has a pure white, white the blade has a slightly translucent touch. The whole sword is made of Mythril and is beautiful even within the otherworldly glow that resonates outwards. The sword’s name comes from its peculiar mix of magic and metal. The sword cuts not only physical things, but those not of this world. Be it ghost, spirit or illusion, this sword can cut through it.

Yellow – AmberEyes

The last gift was no surprise to those paying attention. It was a small box, wrapped in yellow paper. The tape holding down the edges was pulled back, and the mahogany box below revealed. Inside was the present.

The Slate:
This is a state of the art revolver, or six shooter. Named The Slate, this weapon is known for clearing its namesake. As well as boasting fine workmanship and a slightly blue tinted masterwork prevalida frame, it also has written on the side of the gun ”Clear the slate; start again”. When the owner says this aloud, the bullets reappear in the gun anew. Impressive as the ability is, it can only be used once a day, and the replacement bullets must be on the owner.

(Comes with twelve bullets.)

Gold will be deducted, enjoy your toys and please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=241413#post241413) as proof of purchase. Next item will be up soon!

EDIT- Gold deducted

Hysteria
01-01-15, 06:33 PM
"Alright people! Get those presents out of here, we've got goods to sell! Next up, for all you budding archers our there!"

Artemis's Bow:
Crafted from fine Akashima Redwood, this bow once belonged to the fabled archer Artemis. Her skills with a bow were renowned, though there is argument on if the bow gained its powers from her, or her from it. As well as providing an excellent bow for normal arrows, this bow can create and shoot arrows of light. These arrows pierce as if they were tipped with Delyn as well as doing extra damage to undead and creatures of shadow. A skilled archer can use this ability on top of another arrow, imbuing that arrow with far greater damage. Whether shooting the arrows or imbuing them ontop of other arrows, the ability can be used five times day.

"Starting bid, 300!" Shouted Jack

black shadow
01-01-15, 07:02 PM
"500!" Black Shadow's interpreter shouted!

i want that bow. Could come in handy some day.

Fox Owen Xavier
01-01-15, 09:58 PM
"550" came a bored yet clearly frustrated voice.

black shadow
01-04-15, 07:22 PM
"560!"

that bow will be mine!

Hysteria
01-07-15, 11:24 PM
It looks like you were an hour over time Shadow, unfortunatly it goes to Fox

"Ooooww too late!" Jack point towards the Kitsune. "Sir Cat-ears over there gets the bow!"

Artemis's Bow:
Crafted from fine Akashima Redwood, this bow once belonged to the fabled archer Artemis. Her skills with a bow were renowned, though there is argument on if the bow gained its powers from her, or her from it. As well as providing an excellent bow for normal arrows, this bow can create and shoot arrows of light. These arrows pierce as if they were tipped with Delyn as well as doing extra damage to undead and creatures of shadow. A skilled archer can use this ability on top of another arrow, imbuing that arrow with far greater damage. Whether shooting the arrows or imbuing them ontop of other arrows, the ability can be used five times day.

Gold Deducted, please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=241992#post241992) for proof of purchase!

Hysteria
01-09-15, 07:25 AM
"Alright ladies and gentlemen, friends and lovers, here is the box of depends! Wait, I mean dependables!"

Box of Dependables!
(Some of these items are single use. Pick a wise time!)

Flash Potion:

Red Maiden's Cloth:
This length of cloth looks like a normal crimson scarf. However, when wrapped around a wound it will instantly fuse around the skin and stop the bleeding as well as numbing pain and restoring most of any lost mobility. The cloth is a metre long, and twenty centimetres wide, making it good for covering wounds to the arms or legs. A gentle pull by the person in which it is wrapped around will loosen it, as well as when the wound heals or the person dies.

Fire Potion:
This mix of chemicals ignites to form a small radius of fire for a metre around where it is thrown. It is more than capable of setting flammable things within that metre on fire. Otherwise, the flames will last a short period (two posts) before burning out. Should this get on someone, it would do quite a large amount of damage. This is a single use item.

Healing Potion:
This potion is able to head serious wounds in a matter of seconds. Bones mend, flesh heals, but limbs do not re-attach. This is a single use item.

"Bidding starts are 150!"

Fox Owen Xavier
01-09-15, 05:05 PM
"Question. How often can this 'Red Maiden's Cloth' be used? Also, I'll start off with 150 for my bid," called out the last winner of the auction house.

Philomel
01-09-15, 06:04 PM
A hand appeared in the air. "170."

Hysteria
01-09-15, 07:03 PM
"The cloth can be used over and over, although given that it doesn't actually heal the wound it'd probably only be used once during a fight." said Jack, admiring his fingernails as the bidding continued.

Silence Sei
01-10-15, 07:58 AM
"Would the cloth still keep its effects if cut up into smaller, say rag sized pieces?"

Hysteria
01-10-15, 04:53 PM
"It operates as one whole piece, with the magic running through the fabric. If its torn or cut, the magic would be made inert. On the plus side, it can re-join together if it is accidently cut"

Fox Owen Xavier
01-10-15, 06:24 PM
"180, and you aren't accepting bids just on a single item, correct?"

Hysteria
01-10-15, 07:01 PM
"Thats corret my fine fox. This is a bundle!"

Taste of Treason
01-11-15, 11:03 AM
"200!" Cellar's tiny voice struggled to rise above the chaos.

Fox Owen Xavier
01-11-15, 06:18 PM
"210" came an answering bid.

Hysteria
01-19-15, 05:42 AM
"And our vixen friend is the winner!"

Fox gets:

Flash Potion:

Red Maiden's Cloth:
This length of cloth looks like a normal crimson scarf. However, when wrapped around a wound it will instantly fuse around the skin and stop the bleeding as well as numbing pain and restoring most of any lost mobility. The cloth is a metre long, and twenty centimetres wide, making it good for covering wounds to the arms or legs. A gentle pull by the person in which it is wrapped around will loosen it, as well as when the wound heals or the person dies.

Fire Potion:
This mix of chemicals ignites to form a small radius of fire for a metre around where it is thrown. It is more than capable of setting flammable things within that metre on fire. Otherwise, the flames will last a short period (two posts) before burning out. Should this get on someone, it would do quite a large amount of damage. This is a single use item.

Healing Potion:
This potion is able to head serious wounds in a matter of seconds. Bones mend, flesh heals, but limbs do not re-attach. This is a single use item.

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=242547#post242547) as proof of purchase. Gold has been deducted.

"Next up my find customers, a fabled item from those mysterious monks of the Citadel. No need to ask how we got this, lets just say we did."

Justified Scythe:
This quill used to belong to one of the high level monks in the citadel who had taken a vow of silence. When that monk passed away the quill, which for a life time had been the conduit for every word of the monk, was passed from monk to monk. So with it, this quill copied thousands of words, from dozens of hands until finally it was imbued with a special power. Once a day the quill can write (on any surface, even the air) a single world of an intimate object and summon a two by two metre amount of it. For example, if you write sand, then sand shall appear in a square in front of you. If you write water, then water shall appear. This also works for certain types of energy, such as fire, light and even sound. Only metal does not appear when written. Once summoned, then the block appear, then take whatever action the material would normal do. Sand would spill and spread out, water drain away, fire burns out, sound dissipate (quite loudly) and so on.

"Starting bid, 300!"

Hysteria
01-19-15, 05:56 AM
"300!" Called Talen.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-19-15, 06:01 AM
A vine-knit finger rose into the air. "Four-hundred."

Steppenwolf Orlouge
01-19-15, 09:09 AM
"Five hundred!" I shouted with glee. Oh the things I could invent with that.

Hysteria
01-19-15, 03:10 PM
"Six 'undred!"

Steppenwolf Orlouge
01-19-15, 05:27 PM
"Seven!"

Hysteria
01-19-15, 07:27 PM
"Seven fiddy!"

Steppenwolf Orlouge
01-19-15, 07:31 PM
"Thaynes damn it, nine hundred!"

Hysteria
01-22-15, 05:27 PM
"Sold!" shouted Jack.

Steppenwolf Orlouge gets the Scythe!

Justified Scythe:
This quill used to belong to one of the high level monks in the citadel who had taken a vow of silence. When that monk passed away the quill, which for a life time had been the conduit for every word of the monk, was passed from monk to monk. So with it, this quill copied thousands of words, from dozens of hands until finally it was imbued with a special power. Once a day the quill can write (on any surface, even the air) a single world of an intimate object and summon a two by two metre amount of it. For example, if you write sand, then sand shall appear in a square in front of you. If you write water, then water shall appear. This also works for certain types of energy, such as fire, light and even sound. Only metal does not appear when written. Once summoned, then the block appear, then take whatever action the material would normal do. Sand would spill and spread out, water drain away, fire burns out, sound dissipate (quite loudly) and so on.

Please link to this post a proof (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=242741#post242741) of purchase. Gold will be deducted.

Hysteria
01-22-15, 05:57 PM
"Next up we have a special weapon, for all of you who lack the ability to pick just one, this is perfect!"

Blade of Lost Marbles
This falcon sword was crafted by an insane blacksmith called Reginald the Lumpy. Rather than crafting the blade out of solid metal, he used Delyn metal balls with a unique magnetic charge between them. The blade in its default form is a standard looking solid falcon, but it can be changed to be longer, thinner or even take on whip like properties while retaining a cutting edge. The sword is a metre long, but can be stretched to two metres and gain flexibility. The form can even be changed to similar weapons such as an axe or hammer. The only limit is the weapon must be a metre or less long if it is to be solid. The downside is that after the change the weapon needs two seconds before the balls harden their connection. If one were to change weapon mid-swing, the weapon would shatter. As a side effect of its ability to change form, should the sword be smashed or broken, it can recombine in a few seconds.

"Starting bid, 300!"

Fox Owen Xavier
01-23-15, 05:14 PM
"300!", said Fox. Buy low and sell high was what merchants did, right?

Hysteria
02-02-15, 03:59 AM
"Well... don't everyone yell at once."

Jack looked around at the silence and one expectent Kitsune.

"Sold!"

Blade of Lost Marbles
This falcon sword was crafted by an insane blacksmith called Reginald the Lumpy. Rather than crafting the blade out of solid metal, he used Delyn metal balls with a unique magnetic charge between them. The blade in its default form is a standard looking solid falcon, but it can be changed to be longer, thinner or even take on whip like properties while retaining a cutting edge. The sword is a metre long, but can be stretched to two metres and gain flexibility. The form can even be changed to similar weapons such as an axe or hammer. The only limit is the weapon must be a metre or less long if it is to be solid. The downside is that after the change the weapon needs two seconds before the balls harden their connection. If one were to change weapon mid-swing, the weapon would shatter. As a side effect of its ability to change form, should the sword be smashed or broken, it can recombine in a few seconds.

Gold deducted, please link to this post as (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=243488#post243488) proof of purchase.

"This next item will be the last before a short break, no no, don’t cry for me. Seems something has been disrupting the trade routes. We'll be back in action in a week or two I'm sure.”

The Claws of Draconus:
The Thayne of Storms is known for slow but relentless anger. Anyone that knows the sea knows this. These gloves have been crafted from Sea Serpent, and naturally provide excellent protection from cold, fire and acid damage, while retaining dexterity thanks to the thin material. This makes them perfect for smiths, alchemists or people who like to show off by holding lava. In addition they can channel the rage of their namesake Thayne and release a blast of air or water (caster’s choice) powerful enough to pick up and throw a person through the air. The blast is however limited to a metre wide and high and three metres in the direction the gloves point. As a downside, the gloves can only perform this once a day, but can be recharged if taken off and left submerged in water for a minute (1 post).

"Do I hear 400 gold?"

Zack Blaze
02-02-15, 04:45 AM
"400!" he shouted, hands still wiggled in handcuffs. "And don't leave us, we need you Handsome Jack!"

Ranger
02-02-15, 10:34 AM
"500 gold pieces", a nondescript half-elf said from the corner of the auction.

Zack Blaze
02-02-15, 10:56 AM
"Six," Zack threw his shackled hands up again nonchalantly.

Ranger
02-02-15, 11:39 AM
The half-elf shifted his eyes to the other bidder, curious as to how deep his pockets would go. Instead of bidding immediately he approached the auctioneer, intent on finding the value of the object in question. After a quick look, but no touching, of the material and assurances that the dexterity of his fingers would not be affected by the wearing of the gloves, Arphenion smiled. He estimated the upper price value of such an item at inflated Radasanthian Bazaar prices and figured a good round number to work towards. The added benefit of using the gloves against their namesake brought a devious glint to his eyes.

"I'll offer 800 gold for them."

Zack Blaze
02-04-15, 12:23 AM
"One Thousand" Zack no longer even bothered to raise his hands.

Ranger
02-05-15, 07:50 AM
"Twelve hundred gold, that is my final offer." The half-elf said nonchalantly, money not one of his many concerns.

Zack Blaze
02-06-15, 09:26 AM
"Thirteen," Zack yawned.

Ranger
02-06-15, 10:27 AM
"Just kidding... sixteen hundred."

Zack Blaze
02-06-15, 02:47 PM
"Eighteen"

Ranger
02-06-15, 11:00 PM
"Twenty-two hundred."

Zack Blaze
02-07-15, 05:23 AM
"Twenty Five"

Ranger
02-07-15, 11:00 AM
"Twenty eight hundred."

Zack Blaze
02-09-15, 10:22 AM
"Three thousand GP"

Ranger
02-09-15, 11:49 AM
((Not sure if this allowed, but here we go...))

"In the interest of amusement," the half-elf said as he quit his seat. With a flourish of his jacket he walked towards the auctioneer and tilted his head in respect, as if to as for the floor. The man on the podium seemingly rolled his eyes and shook his head - as if the two at war with bids were not already the focal point of the auction house. "Thank you, kind sir."

Arphenion looked at the man who had last bid, and indeed been his opponent for most of the afternoon. A young human, good figure, and seemingly as interested in the piece up for grabs as the half-elf was. "I would pose a challenge, boy." He prodded, feeling the self-confidence rise in him at his chances of the plan coming to fruition. "How about both of us give this auction house two thousand gold, the item selling for four thousand total. Since we are in this lovely city, and the very heart of such an adventure seeking population, why not put that to use? I shall meet you in the place you call the Citadel, and challenge you to a martial contest. The winner will get the item, the loser shall forfeit two thousand gold. What say you?"

((The challenge is that you start a battle thread, I'll join in. Whoever wins keeps the item, though both parties loose two thousand gold. Down? ))

Zack Blaze
02-09-15, 01:48 PM
"I'll do ya one better," Zack said, a smile on his face, Hows about I just pay for the thing, we -still- have the contest, and If I win, I keep my item. If I lose, you get the item. You literally have nothing to lose in this scenario."

((It's not allowed, but I will buy the thing and give it to you if I lose the match. Sound good?))

Ranger
02-09-15, 02:21 PM
"I'll accept that, though I'll pay you fifteen hundred gold if I lose... just to make it fair for both of us. That way I do not feel as if I have let my item go without due diligence."

((So, if you win the item we fight. If I lose I'll pay for half the item. If I win, I pay nothing and get it. Not exactly even but if you're down for that I'll take that agreement. Plus, I can shake off my rust. Lol))

Hysteria
02-09-15, 05:07 PM
Jack clicked his tounge as the bidding shifted to challanges. It wasn't the first time one of his auctions had devolved into fists, but the lack of smashed chairs was a nice change.

"Actually, if you both agree, I would be happy to hold onto the item until this duel is completed. I'll take the money as you've agreed. Heck, I'll throw in a prize for the loser from my bag of crap."

Ranger
02-09-15, 05:36 PM
Arphenion waved a finger towards the auctioneer, nodding knowingly. "Here is a man who loves an unexpected about face. Will fifteen hundred from each of us, to cover the last bid made, be adequate to hold the item sans another wager from someone aside from us?"

Hysteria
02-09-15, 05:38 PM
"Hmmmm... very well. I'll take 1500 from each, and upon the outcome award the gloves."

I'll post the reward in the battle thread after the judgement. Gold has been deducted.

Hysteria
03-09-15, 12:09 AM
“Thank you for the wait ladies and gentlemen. I bring somewhat disappointing news. There has been caravans disappearing enroute to this humble auction house,” Jack held out his hands, calming the murmur of annoyance that spread through the crowd, “Do not fear! I’ve been told the merchant guide is rallying people to deal with the threat shortly. In the mean time I have a few additional items that I can sell you!”

“I call this the Protection of the Thaynes Bundle! Starting bid is 400 gold!”

Khal'jaren’s Hope: This is a small glowing ball, no bigger than an egg and covered with ancient forgotten script. It can provide a small amount of light in an emergency, but its main purpose is revealed when in contact with someone’s skin. The ball can casts away fear and doubt, from even magical sources. It doesn’t affect rage or confusion however.

Cloak of Draconus: This is a sea serpent cloak, of excellent craftsmanship. While it doesn’t have any magical properties, it provides excellent protection against frost and fire attacks. It should be noted that sustained heat or cold can still affect the wearer.

Ranger
03-09-15, 12:56 AM
"I'll put in my 400 gold, and play by the rules this time."

Mage Hunter
03-09-15, 03:08 AM
"600 gold, I'll toss the orb to the half elf for free. I can't use it anyways..."

Philomel
03-09-15, 04:22 AM
A fist rose in the air, followed by the grunting of a large boxom elf, covered from head to toe in chain mail.

"Me lady will be wanting this lot ... 750!"

Silence Sei
03-09-15, 07:21 AM
"One Thousand" Emma Orlouge spoke up again.

Mage Hunter
03-09-15, 11:14 AM
"1200 and again I'll sell the orb to second place. I have no use for it."

Ranger
03-09-15, 12:28 PM
"1500"

Mage Hunter
03-09-15, 02:17 PM
Irritation sparked as she glowered at the bidders, "3000."

Silence Sei
03-09-15, 04:12 PM
Edit: Bid withdrawn. Have at it Pat.

I'll buy the orb from you.

Hysteria
03-22-15, 05:49 AM
"Sold!" Jack slammed down his hammer.

Sold to Mage Hunter, please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=245979#post245979) as proof of purchase.

Khal'jaren’s Hope: This is a small glowing ball, no bigger than an egg and covered with ancient forgotten script. It can provide a small amount of light in an emergency, but its main purpose is revealed when in contact with someone’s skin. The ball can casts away fear and doubt, from even magical sources. It doesn’t affect rage or confusion however.

Cloak of Draconus: This is a sea serpent cloak, of excellent craftsmanship. While it doesn’t have any magical properties, it provides excellent protection against frost and fire attacks. It should be noted that sustained heat or cold can still affect the wearer.

If you want to sell it to Sei, please post another thread for it.

"Next we have another item of the Thayne! Starting bid is 400 gold!"

N'jal’s Gift: This is a platinum pair of bracers, each carved the image of a spider. These bracers can fire spider web the strength of spidersilk, making them quite useful for thieves, or anyone looking for a quick getaway. It should be noted that the bracers will affect the wearer’s mind and it is not uncommon for them to see visions of the spider goddess demanding them commit acts of evil.
Web Rope- A thick shot of web latches onto someone and pulls either it, or the wearer, towards the other. Effective range is fifty metres, and is very useful for launching oneself into, or out of trouble. The rope disintegrates after the initial tug of force. Three uses a day.
Web Wrap- A small wrap of spiderweb is produced, excellent for binding hands, mouths or even wounds. Two uses a day.

Fox Owen Xavier
03-22-15, 10:11 AM
"400!" shouted Fox hoping he could get another cheap item.

Hysteria
03-22-15, 03:53 PM
"450!" Shouted Talen.

Fox Owen Xavier
03-22-15, 04:00 PM
"460" called out Fox who wasn't sure how much he wanted a cursed item.

Hysteria
03-22-15, 04:01 PM
"500!"

Philomel
03-22-15, 06:24 PM
Acts of evil? she thought as she raised her hand, I already commit them.

"600!" she yelled.

Fox Owen Xavier
03-24-15, 05:38 PM
"650" muttered Fox after some considerable thought.

Philomel
03-24-15, 05:46 PM
She glared intently at the fox man.

"670."

Fox Owen Xavier
03-24-15, 05:59 PM
"700" the merchant rallied back.

Philomel
03-28-15, 08:11 AM
"730!" she rolled her eyes.

Hysteria
03-28-15, 09:19 PM
Jack slammed his hammer down.

"Too late sweet cheeks, sold for 700!"

Fox Owen Xavier gets:

N'jal’s Gift: This is a platinum pair of bracers, each carved the image of a spider. These bracers can fire spider web the strength of spidersilk, making them quite useful for thieves, or anyone looking for a quick getaway. It should be noted that the bracers will affect the wearer’s mind and it is not uncommon for them to see visions of the spider goddess demanding them commit acts of evil.
Web Rope- A thick shot of web latches onto someone and pulls either it, or the wearer, towards the other. Effective range is fifty metres, and is very useful for launching oneself into, or out of trouble. The rope disintegrates after the initial tug of force. Three uses a day.
Web Wrap- A small wrap of spiderweb is produced, excellent for binding hands, mouths or even wounds. Two uses a day.

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=246357#post246357) as proof of purchase.

“Next up we have Y'edda’s Arrow & Hromagh’s Boots!”

Y'edda’s Arrow: This spear is carved from solid young dragonbone and enchanted with magics in reverence for the Sky Mother. The spear is able to ‘shoot’ magical projectiles of glowing white birds (the breed is dependent on the holder) that seek out their target and explode in a dazzling flash of light and sound. Excellent to confuse or disable your opponent, these birds will not stop until they strike something solid, target or otherwise. Each day Yedda’s Arrow can shoot five of these projectiles.

Hromagh’s Boots: The beast god’s personality is imbued in these heavy leather boots. As well as providing excellent traction and protection, they are able to release blasts of concentrated force directly from the tread. These blasts are able to knock an ogre off his feet, but the wearer needs to match the force or send him or herself flying through the air as a result. One previous owner mastered this unequal force of the shoes and was able to bounce around with fantastic speed. Each shoe can store three blasts a day.

“Starting bid is 600!”

Philomel
03-29-15, 02:44 AM
Eh?

wait ... how did I not get it? How does timing work, then? There was about 2 hours between Fox's post and mine O_o

Hysteria
03-29-15, 05:52 AM
I've got fox's last post at 25-03-15 at 09:59am and your's at today (29-03-15 at 12:11am). Even assuming some weird time zone thing, there is more than two days between them. Unless my times are stuffed up?

Philomel
03-29-15, 09:36 AM
Ooc:

oh. Ohhhhh. I must have seen "yesterday" or something on fox's post, slash it only came up in my notifications feed on that day for some odd reasons. My notifications have been acting up, so that might be it. Anyway ...

I give permission for the OOC suggestion below.

Bunneh
03-29-15, 09:37 AM
Bunneh is the one who will be getting this, but I will use Philomel's money.

"650!" a large white rabbit shoved his paw in the air.

Zack Blaze
03-29-15, 03:50 PM
"800!"

Hysteria
03-29-15, 05:15 PM
I've pulled others up on the same thing, it gets too hard to keep track of multiple sources of GP, like adding to people's bids. Please bid with Philomel's account, you can then just make a note in an acceptance post that it's going to bunneh

Philomel
03-30-15, 02:06 AM
Rodger that, commander.

"850 ..." the white paw fell a little in the air, the voice now something uncertain.

Zack Blaze
03-30-15, 08:36 AM
"One thousand"

Hysteria
04-05-15, 06:14 AM
"Zack 'Swagettie' Blaze has it!" Shouted Jack as he slammed down his hammer.

Y'edda’s Arrow: This spear is carved from solid young dragonbone and enchanted with magics in reverence for the Sky Mother. The spear is able to ‘shoot’ magical projectiles of glowing white birds (the breed is dependent on the holder) that seek out their target and explode in a dazzling flash of light and sound. Excellent to confuse or disable your opponent, these birds will not stop until they strike something solid, target or otherwise. Each day Yedda’s Arrow can shoot five of these projectiles.

Hromagh’s Boots: The beast god’s personality is imbued in these heavy leather boots. As well as providing excellent traction and protection, they are able to release blasts of concentrated force directly from the tread. These blasts are able to knock an ogre off his feet, but the wearer needs to match the force or send him or herself flying through the air as a result. One previous owner mastered this unequal force of the shoes and was able to bounce around with fantastic speed. Each shoe can store three blasts a day.

Gold has been deducted, please link to this post as proof (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=246788#post246788) of purchase.

"Next up I'm breaking the order for a new set, I call it the House of Pain special!"

Drakescale Whip:
An eight foot long whip made from a long thin sliver of drakescale that has been taken from the smaller scales along the side of the belly of the drake and tightly wound and treated to form a whip of tremendous strength and flexibility.

Damascus Scissor Dagger:
A small five inch dagger that is easily concealable. It has a latch just below the handle that causes the blade to open like a pair of scissors, best used after being stabbed into someone. Not quite, but effective and very messy.

10x Calli Coating Powder:
Small vials of Calli powder that have been ground into a fine power and mixed with treated (oderless) troll fat as a sticking agent. When applied to a weapon they cause any cuts or broken skin to be extremely painful. Each vial is single use, good for a few cuts.

Talymer (Wooden) Hidden Knife:
This knife looks like an ordinary square piece of wood that one might carry as a tool when camping or travelling for odd uses. However, the centre can be pushed while pressing at the top in just the right spot and it folds apart to form a seven inch blade with five inch handle. Perfect for sneaking into places or when there is a chance metal will be detected.

5x Vials of Screaming Fright:
Taken from a concoction of plants, many illegal, vaporised and then placed in small glass vials no bigger than a test tube, these Screaming Fright vials when broken will emit a metre by metre cloud of gas that if inhaled will cause horrible hallucinations. They dissipate quickly in the air however, don’t expect the cloud to last long.

"Starting bid, 600 gold!"

Cost for these items is easily over 2k

Doge
04-05-15, 08:10 AM
"700!" Shouted something not unlike a dog.

Silence Sei
04-05-15, 08:36 AM
"I'm sure Aislinn could use that powder for....something, and Ella would be really safe with that knife. 800!"

Doge
04-05-15, 08:49 AM
"1000!"

Silence Sei
04-05-15, 09:30 AM
"1200"

Hysteria
04-12-15, 06:05 AM
"Sold to Senior Orlouge, praise be unto him!"

Sei gets:

Drakescale Whip:
An eight foot long whip made from a long thin sliver of drakescale that has been taken from the smaller scales along the side of the belly of the drake and tightly wound and treated to form a whip of tremendous strength and flexibility.

Damascus Scissor Dagger:
A small five inch dagger that is easily concealable. It has a latch just below the handle that causes the blade to open like a pair of scissors, best used after being stabbed into someone. Not quite, but effective and very messy.

10x Calli Coating Powder:
Small vials of Calli powder that have been ground into a fine power and mixed with treated (oderless) troll fat as a sticking agent. When applied to a weapon they cause any cuts or broken skin to be extremely painful. Each vial is single use, good for a few cuts.

Talymer (Wooden) Hidden Knife:
This knife looks like an ordinary square piece of wood that one might carry as a tool when camping or travelling for odd uses. However, the centre can be pushed while pressing at the top in just the right spot and it folds apart to form a seven inch blade with five inch handle. Perfect for sneaking into places or when there is a chance metal will be detected.

5x Vials of Screaming Fright:
Taken from a concoction of plants, many illegal, vaporised and then placed in small glass vials no bigger than a test tube, these Screaming Fright vials when broken will emit a metre by metre cloud of gas that if inhaled will cause horrible hallucinations. They dissipate quickly in the air however, don’t expect the cloud to last long.

Money has been deducted, please link to this post as proof (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=247279#post247279).

"Next up, the fantastic Taste of Jomil!"

Taste of Jomil: This sword has been made of top quality mithiril with a distinct blue hue. Along the each side of the blade is etched an image of the goddess of its namesake. On one side is a motherly image of her representing birth, while the other a gaunt hallow image of eventual death. This blade can cast one of two powerful magics each day.
Reap - For twenty feet around the wielder a blue dome descends. For three posts death is paused and it is impossible to die within. All damage is dealt like normal, and people can still be incapacitated, but no life is lost. At the end of the three posts death returns and claims anything owing; any postponed deaths then occur. Leaving the area will also cause death to claim his dues.
Sow – The blade emits a powerful pulse of healing energy, causing anyone within five feet to be healed back to near perfect health. Missing limbs can be reattached (not regrown), cuts and breaks mended and rot or contagion purified.

"Bidding starts at 400!"

Philomel
04-12-15, 09:40 AM
She stands up, bold, raising a hand.

"500!"

Ciato Orlouge
04-12-15, 10:21 AM
"Interesting..." He raised his fan high into the air, "700."

Hysteria
04-21-15, 06:19 AM
Ciato Orlouge purchases the Taste of Jomil:

Taste of Jomil: This sword has been made of top quality mithiril with a distinct blue hue. Along the each side of the blade is etched an image of the goddess of its namesake. On one side is a motherly image of her representing birth, while the other a gaunt hallow image of eventual death. This blade can cast one of two powerful magics each day.
Reap - For twenty feet around the wielder a blue dome descends. For three posts death is paused and it is impossible to die within. All damage is dealt like normal, and people can still be incapacitated, but no life is lost. At the end of the three posts death returns and claims anything owing. Leaving the area will also cause death to claim his dues.
Sow – The blade emits a powerful pulse of healing energy, causing anyone within five feet to be healed back to near perfect health. Missing limbs can be reattached (not regrown), cuts and breaks mended and rot or contagion purified.

Gold has been deducted, please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=247797#post247797) as proof of purchase.

"Next up lovers, we have The Raven! This bad boy won't stand upon your chamber door if you don't want it to, and for a limited time you get two for the price of one!"

2x The Raven:
A small metal raven, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder and a weak poison, which can detonate and spray the poison for a foot around it. If it makes skin contact it causes nausea for a post. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.

"Shall we start the bidding at 200?"

black shadow
04-21-15, 06:26 AM
"200!" the translator said.

Philomel
04-21-15, 07:03 AM
"Yo, 300!" Philomel yelled.

Silence Sei
04-21-15, 07:54 AM
"400"

Hysteria
04-22-15, 05:07 AM
"500!"

Cards of Fate
04-22-15, 08:11 AM

Skie and Avery
04-22-15, 03:40 PM
"700, please."

Philomel
04-27-15, 05:59 AM
Dangnabbit, she thought.

"750!"

Skie and Avery
04-27-15, 06:01 AM
Skie frowned as she glanced to the faun. "775." she said, determined.

Philomel
04-27-15, 06:02 AM
Firmly Philomel folded her arms across her chest.

"800."

Skie and Avery
04-27-15, 07:35 AM
Gritting her teeth, Skie raised her hand again. "825."

Silence Sei
04-27-15, 09:08 AM
((I believe because Philomel waited so long to re-bid, that the prize actually goes to Skie and Avery for 700 GP, as it took Phi 5 days to reply back. Correct me if I am wrong on this Hysteria, please))

Philomel
04-28-15, 03:22 AM
Ah I just popped in because Hysteria had not annouced it closed. I was actually awaiting some results of a judgement to see if I could get the money but Amanda, you can have it dear at 700 ... or

Since it comes with two of the ravens, I will pay you 400 for one? :D

Hysteria
04-28-15, 03:35 AM
Skie gets the reward, I was tied with with Geology, (my first) judgement and character approvals :p

Skie and Avery gets:

2x The Raven:
A small metal raven, expertly painted to resemble the real thing. It can fly around and generally be awesome. It can be used as a distraction through a psycho-kinetic link with the owner that allows he or she to control where it flies. It also contains as small amount of gunpowder and a weak poison, which can detonate and spray the poison for a foot around it. If it makes skin contact it causes nausea for a post. It is enchanted to recombine overnight.

Gold has been removed. Please link to this thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=248231#post248231)as proof of purchase!

I'll get the next item up shortly!

Hysteria
11-09-15, 03:30 PM
"I'm back!" shouted Jack, his face twisted into his customary smile, "did you miss me? I didn't, but then I'm emotionally detached!"

The silence was louder than words could be, but Jack seemed unphased.

"Today I am happy to announce that we will continue with the auctions, with a new item coming out every month. Today is the first in the seven deadly sins items!"

"As a bit of a bonus, these items come with pictures! Why does a fantasy setting need pictures of weapons they are carrying? Who knows!"

Lust
Lust is a black Delyn short sword with an unusually long hilt able to be gripped with two hands, while being light enough to be used with one. Lust was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. Lust constantly yearns of the pleasure of battle and spilt blood. When it is drawn, no matter the reason, it must draw blood. If it does not, the sword will not return to its sheath, instead sending spikes out from the hilt and into its wielder's hand. In return, Lust uses powerful magic to strike down those that would stand against its wielder.
Touch of Lust - Copious amounts of dark red blood from the wounds inflicted by Lust over the years coats the blade. The blood burns anything it touches, causing wound strikes by the blade to be extraordinarily painful. In addition, the blood drips off the blade and will splash and be flicked around during the fight. The blood lasts for two posts, and can be called forth twice a day. The burns can be described as second degree.
Peirce - Four copies of Lust burst out from the sword and descend on a target. The swords are the same metal strength as Lust and with the force of a thrown spear. They will disappear after the attack. The copies will change direction slightly (around 45 degrees left/right and up/down) to seek their target. Lust can perform this twice a day.

http://orig00.deviantart.net/5bff/f/2015/313/0/4/lust___pixel_short_sword_by_harlequinhues-d9g2j0s.png

"Starting price, 200 gold! Let's bid up a winner!"

Edit: two weeks till this auction closes, or within 12 hours of the last bid, whatever is later.

Remedy
11-09-15, 03:44 PM
"200!" shouted Remedy

Izvilvin
11-09-15, 05:51 PM
Izvilvin was also there, shopping!

"300!"

(awesome item idea)

Logan
11-09-15, 06:54 PM
Logan nodded at the item. "350," he said raising his hand.

Izvilvin
11-09-15, 07:07 PM
Izvilvin hissed in tremendous rage like a terrible snake creature.

"400!"

Logan
11-09-15, 07:13 PM
Logan smirked as he clung to the bow he recently purchased on the Black Market. He eyed Izvilvin as he calmly stated, "450."

Izvilvin
11-09-15, 07:28 PM
Eyes near-exploding from the most white-hot, terrible rage, steam poured from Izvilvin's ears. It was yellow, because Q-Tips are not very common on Althanas. Maybe you should auction some of those.

"475!"

He shook his fist at his counterpart. This was a battle for the ages.

Logan
11-09-15, 07:41 PM
Calm lined the psion's features as he began to polish the bow. He peeked up after a few moments of lingering patience. "500."

It was certainly a battle, but it was one he intended to win.

Izvilvin
11-09-15, 07:47 PM
Izvilvin melted into a puddle of mud in the center of the room, defeated and broken, and also somehow magically enchanted to turn into mud.

You haven't seen the last of me, dammit, he cursed muddily.

Cards of Fate
11-09-15, 08:49 PM
Vince raised a gloved hand, "750 my good man."

Izvilvin
11-12-15, 01:18 PM
Surprise!

"775!"

Philomel
11-12-15, 05:09 PM
I need this, Phi suddenly realised.

"900!"

Cards of Fate
11-15-15, 04:35 PM
The Tarot Hierarchy bids 1000 gold from our vault

Hysteria
11-28-15, 08:16 PM
"Sold for 1000!" shouted Jack with his customary smile curled across his face.

Lust
Lust is a black Delyn short sword with an unusually long hilt able to be gripped with two hands, while being light enough to be used with one. Lust was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. Lust constantly yearns of the pleasure of battle and spilt blood. When it is drawn, no matter the reason, it must draw blood. If it does not, the sword will not return to its sheath, instead sending spikes out from the hilt and into its wielder's hand. In return, Lust uses powerful magic to strike down those that would stand against its wielder.
Touch of Lust - Copious amounts of dark red blood from the wounds inflicted by Lust over the years coats the blade. The blood burns anything it touches, causing wound strikes by the blade to be extraordinarily painful. In addition, the blood drips off the blade and will splash and be flicked around during the fight. The blood lasts for two posts, and can be called forth twice a day. The burns can be described as second degree.
Pierce - Four copies of Lust burst out from the sword and descend on a target. The swords are the same metal strength as Lust and with the force of a thrown spear. They will disappear after the attack. The copies will change direction slightly (around 45 degrees left/right and up/down) to seek their target. Lust can perform this twice a day.

http://orig00.deviantart.net/5bff/f/2015/313/0/4/lust___pixel_short_sword_by_harlequinhues-d9g2j0s.png

Can you link or PM me where the Tarrot's vault is Cards?

"Next up with have another weapon, which I do believe is my favorite Sin by far... Greed!"

Greed
Greed is a golden cutlass of Delyn strength with a fine gold mesh across the hand guard. Greed was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. Those that wield Greed feel cold and empty afterwards. The price for this weapon's power is a loss of the warmth of the soul.
Blind - The surface of Greed lights up with a blinding flash of light. All those within a few metres are dazzled by the display and will often take a short time (a post) to recover. Greed can do this three times a day, needing at least some sunlight to recharge. Beware, the caster is not immune from this, all those are blinded by Greed if they look upon it,
Midas - The cursed king in the ancient fable would turn all he touched into gold. Greed’s power is not as extensive as that, instead this sword can coat what it touches in a thin layer of Delyn strength gold around what it touches. If used correctly this can restrict movement by targeting joints or the like, however given the multifaceted uses possible this is just the tip. The gold will last a decent time (two posts) before crumbling away to powder and covers an surface area of thirty centimeters. This can be used five times a day.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/d80b/f/2015/322/e/c/greed___golden_cutlass_by_harlequinhues-d9h36gq.png

"If you end up with this sword, for the love of the Thaynes, don't touch the sword to your face. Ever seen a guy asphyxiate on gold? Hell of a sight. Starting bid, 300!"

Hysteria
11-28-15, 08:19 PM
"350!" Shouted Talen

Tobias Stalt
11-28-15, 09:24 PM
"400."

Stalt placed a handful of coins on the table of the Auction house as the serving girl placed his drink next to him. The problem with these upscale places was, they never carried lower end drinks like grog, mead, or ale. In situations like that, Tobias had learned to tolerate the ritzier drinks. In this particular instance, he fancied a Beaujolais from the northeastern region of Corone. It smelled of deep berries and black currant, a subdued fruity aroma that set his taste buds ablaze.

This weapon piqued his interest, if only for it's combat utility.

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-28-15, 09:36 PM
I quickly did the change from metric to Coronian Imperial, and clicked my tongue in disapproval. I owned bracelets as a child that were bigger than the amount of gold that sword could create.

But that first trick it could do, though...

Raising two fingers into the air, I made my bid. "Five fifty."

Tobias Stalt
11-29-15, 12:23 AM
Tobias sipped gingerly at his glass, a smirk creeping across his features. When Madison upped the ante, it was all he could do to contain his excitement. A battle was about to begin, not of blades so much as coins.

"600," he slurred.

Hysteria
11-29-15, 05:40 AM
"700!" said Talen.

BlackAndBlueEyes
11-29-15, 06:29 AM
"Eight hundred," I said.

And a punch to Stalt's kidneys if he raises the bid, I muttered under my breath.

Tobias Stalt
11-29-15, 06:33 AM
"One thousand," Tobias winked at Freebird, savoring the flavor of his vintage. A blade's a blade, but gold I can't pocket isn't worth my own gold. We'll have to see how this plays out.

Hysteria
01-11-16, 02:29 AM
"Sold! to the man who knows not what he's agreed to!" shouted Jack, more than a little pleased with his pun.

Tobias receives Greed! Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=258890#post258890) for proof of purchase. Gold has been taken!

Greed
Greed is a golden cutlass of Delyn strength with a fine gold mesh across the hand guard. Greed was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. Those that wield Greed feel cold and empty afterwards. The price for this weapon's power is a loss of the warmth of the soul.
Blind - The surface of Greed lights up with a blinding flash of light. All those within a few metres are dazzled by the display and will often take a short time (a post) to recover. Greed can do this three times a day, needing at least some sunlight to recharge. Beware, the caster is not immune from this, all those are blinded by Greed if they look upon it,
Midas - The cursed king in the ancient fable would turn all he touched into gold. Greed’s power is not as extensive as that, instead this sword can coat what it touches in a thin layer of Delyn strength gold around what it touches. If used correctly this can restrict movement by targeting joints or the like, however given the multifaceted uses possible this is just the tip. The gold will last a decent time (two posts) before crumbling away to powder and covers an surface area of thirty centimeters. This can be used five times a day.

http://orig04.deviantart.net/d80b/f/2015/322/e/c/greed___golden_cutlass_by_harlequinhues-d9h36gq.png

Hysteria
01-11-16, 03:48 AM
"Next up my dear friends we have the wonderful sin that is Sloth! Bidding starts at 200!"

Sloth -
Sloth is, for most of the time, the length of a short spear. The majority of the shaft is wound into a tight coil which can be released in a sudden explosion of force and extends it's length to five metres. The tip of the spear is able to pierce finely crafted Prevalida plate mail. The spear itself is the strength of Titanium. Sloth was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. To use the powerful attack offered by Sloth, the wielder must be standing still, and their feet become locked in place until the weapon re-coils itself. The attack takes just a second, while it takes five to re-coil. As a note of warning, a few people have tried bracing the spear against their chests and let their immobilized feet take the force. Some of those people have experienced being skewed with the blunt end of a spear. One must be able to direct the spear using great strength, less it be thrown wide.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/443e/f/2016/011/0/a/sloth___expanding_spear_by_harlequinhues-d9njnuj.png

Cards of Fate
01-17-16, 11:59 PM
Here's the official tally for the Tarot Vault! http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?30549-The-Vault!

Hysteria
01-18-16, 05:29 PM
"I'll go 200 for Sloth." Said Talen in an apparent pity bid.

Cheers Cards

Cards of Fate
01-18-16, 06:00 PM
300 from the Tarot Vault

Artifex Felicis
01-18-16, 07:00 PM
"400~" The cat raised a paw.

Logan
01-18-16, 09:25 PM
Logan glanced around. "500."

Hysteria
02-03-16, 05:51 AM
"Sooooooold!" said Jack, smacking his tiny yet ornate gavel.

Logan Receives Sloth!

Sloth -
Sloth is, for most of the time, the length of a short spear. The majority of the shaft is wound into a tight coil which can be released in a sudden explosion of force and extends it's length to five metres. The tip of the spear is able to pierce finely crafted Prevalida plate mail. The spear itself is the strength of Titanium. Sloth was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. To use the powerful attack offered by Sloth, the wielder must be standing still, and their feet become locked in place until the weapon re-coils itself. The attack takes just a second, while it takes five to re-coil. As a note of warning, a few people have tried bracing the spear against their chests and let their immobilized feet take the force. Some of those people have experienced being skewed with the blunt end of a spear. One must be able to direct the spear using great strength, less it be thrown wide.

http://orig06.deviantart.net/443e/f/2016/011/0/a/sloth___expanding_spear_by_harlequinhues-d9njnuj.png

Please link to this post (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?28224-The-Auction-House&p=260317#post260317) as proof of purchase!

Hysteria
02-03-16, 06:07 AM
"Now we've moved the giant lip-stick spear, onto the next item! One of the most disgusting sins, beleive me, I know, GLUTTONY!"

Gluttony - Flail
Gluttony is a garish flail with green metal balls and yellow leather handle (considered Delyn in strength). Like all the seven sins, it was crafted by a dwarven outcast Doreena Blackhearth. Doreena was known for mixing magic and metal with radical, often disastrous effect. Those that wield Gluttony will feel a ravenous hunger eating away at their very core. No matter what they do, they can not satiate themselves. The feeling only fades an hour after releasing the flail from his or her grip.
Teeth - The flail, once it strikes flesh will release spikes or ‘teeth’ from within the ball. These are covered with tiny barbs that rend and tear flesh. Anti-coagulants covering the ball also stop wounds for closing as they normally would. There is no limit to how often this weapon can ‘bite’, though few survive the fourth direct hit.
Dissolve - A rather odd ability, the flail starts to release a green cloud of fog, much like the prayer urn of some religious orders. However, this fog rapidly hardens, becoming the consistency of cotton candy and hanging in the air where it was released. This acidic foam-like substance, if used by a skilled user can be spread around the battlefield to inhibit their opponents movements. Should the wool-like acid touch skin or leather, it will slowly burn through. For the latter it is extremely painful. This can be used three times (for two posts each), creating several metres of fog from each of the three balls each time.

http://orig08.deviantart.net/3f07/f/2016/033/c/1/gluttony_by_harlequinhues-d9q88d2.png

Artifex Felicis
02-03-16, 08:22 AM
"Fine."The cat raised his paw again. "100~"

Cards of Fate
02-03-16, 09:37 AM

Hysteria
02-03-16, 09:21 PM
"350!" Shouted Talen.

Lye
02-08-16, 10:04 AM
(500GP Removed from Logan.)

Tobias Stalt
08-19-16, 11:48 PM
Looks like this one closed up with Talen as the last poster, so congratulations to Hysteria for winning Gluttony!

350 GP to be removed from Hysteria. :)