McKinley drank in the feast hall, it was all so overwhelming to her. Her gaze followed Avin for a moment before back to the godling. “I see…” She squirmed almost uncomfortably under his intense bronze gaze.

Vindrexis nodded as he leaned to start loading a plate with food. “Help yourself. Then we can begin to talk.”

McKinley tucked one of her red tendrils behind her ear as she tore a hunk of bread from the loaf. She brought it to her nose and inhaled deeply, a slow lazy smile spread across her lips. “The smell of freshly baked bed is memorizing. Nothing truly like it, well according to Avin death is a beautiful scent.”

She tossed a smile over her shoulder at her new found acquaintance. She slowly dropped the bread on her plate before picking through the fruit bowl. Strawberries, segments of oranges and assorted other berries littered her plate.

She bit into a strawberry, a small hum of approval came from her as she chewed. Her gaze landed on the fat demon, she winced at what she saw. He had already tore into, ripped apart and was sucking the meat from the pigs bones.

The sight reminded her of a book she had read of a glutinous King. How he never was kind and only cared for food. To teach him a lesson the God made him choke on the bone of a pig. Lodged deep in this throat not enough to choke him to death but enough to obscure his air way so he couldn’t indulge himself. For the remaining years of his life he lived off of broth.

She blinked a few times before looking over at the godling. She was still puzzled about him though he seemed harmless. She bit into the bread and enjoyed the chewiness.

Out of all the assortments of drinks McKinley chose water. She poured it into her goblet and caught the godling tilting his head at her choice. “I don’t drink wine, I get drunk off of a glass and a half.” She took a long swig of the water, it was cool and refreshing.

“I see,” he was calmly and elegantly carving up meat with a knife and fork. “Why don't you tell me about your abilities then? You have an affinity with shadows, is that correct?”

McKinley looked genuinely confused, “I believe I am human. I didn’t know my parents as I was an orphan. Wh-what do you mean shadow affinities?”

His brows rose. “You don't know - well.” He pushed some meat into his mouth and chewed slowly, thoughtfully. He kept silent until he was done. “Well, we will have to look into that, clearly. What a delightful present you have brought me, Avin.”

McKinley dropped the piece of bread she was eating. Her eyes filled with concern as she looked at Avin then the godling. “I-I am not a present, sir. I am a human..” She pushes her plate away from her as her stomach turned with uneasiness.

“You're a gift to behold, is what I mean of course,” his smooth voice said. “A present in terms of happenstance, excitement. You do not know about your abilities. I do. I can show you how to tap into them. Give you a gift of my own.”

“I don’t know if that would be wise.. shadow magic is dangerous stuff to dabble in. How can you tell that I have it?” This was all so confusing and even scary for McKinley. Her entire life she had thought herself to be normal.

“I am half god, how else?” Vindrexis’ eyes gleamed. “Now are you going to be rude and deny this one chance you have of discovering who you truly are? That would be very disappointing of you. What would your family, close friends, lovers think?”

“I-I.” Her mouth hung open slightly as she looked at Avin almost a plea for repreaf. Avin shrugged a little, looking unsure. Her heart sunk a little as he offered no guidance.

“I’m scared,” she admitted softly. A single tear slide down her cheek as she blinked rapidly.

“Oh there is no need to be frightened, my dear,” Vindrexis said, his voice haunting. “Why that would be as if I was scaring you. All I am doing is offering to help you discover your potential. Does that make me a bad person?”

McKinley wiped the back of her hand across her cheek and shook her head. “No, not at all..” She glanced at Avin and then the demon before nodding slowly. “I will accept your offer than.”