The alchemist blinked. Was she saying - that she had some kind of revival - ah. Of course she was. That made sense - of course he would want to keep her around and hold onto her. He was exactly the kind of - being - that would refuse to let death hold onto her.
Nevin took a deep breath - then gave Eteri a hug as she came up, holding out the bottle to him.

“Thanks dear. Alright. Stare. I'll give this to you then, to help you recover.” He exhaled slowly, then went and grabbed another bottle - an empty one. He already knew his power could circumvent the connection, if that was what the Kenku was concerned with. He'd done it before, with her ability to discern souls. Bottle in hand, he took the dagger from the bird woman. She kept her eyes on him, dark and stoic.

“This - will probably weaken you. This is going to be worse than when you offered up your soul sight - this is much more powerful, so it's going to take more out of you.” He nodded to the bottle of lizard blood on the counter. “You will need that. And need to rest.” And he drove the blade in, piercing the scaly skin of her arm. Bright blood welled up and began to flow into the air, spiraling and condensing into the bottle. The kenku hissed sharply but did not look away.

“I don't age anymore either,” she said in a low voice, tinged with anger. “I'm going to be stuck like this for eternity.”

Eteri’s ears were low against her head. Standing behind Nevin. She didn’t seem too phased by what he was doing. “Eternity. Nevin live for eternity. We think. Not Eteri.” She shifted her eyes away as she kept a hand tightly on the back of his clothing. The man looked over his shoulder to his beloved.

“We are going to be fixing that.” His voice was hard and firm - as he stopped drawing the blood from the wound, and he closed the bottle. It was glowing brightly even in the faded light of the store. His slender fingers picked up the bottle of regenerative fluid - and pressed it into Stare’s hand. “Stare, drink.”

She took the bottle and held it in her fingers. “In all honesty I would recommend having a get out clause. I would have only had another twenty years myself but, I … Dying is hell, immortality … is already a pile of Ansaldo's shit.” And she opened her beak and threw down the potion. She swallowed it, then as she was grimacing held out the empty vial. “Nevin, that tastes vile.”

“Eteri think Nevin should add sugar to potions to make tasting better.” Eteri mumbled, clearly still in a mood. Her ears flipped up toward Stare. “Eteri have ten years. Not think bad. Worry about Nevin.”

Stare flicked her gaze between the two of them. “Most potions would react negatively to the introduction of sugar, Eteri. Unfortunately medicine can't always taste good. And - you do not have to worry about me. I am, will be, fine.” He - didn't sound to certain about that.

Eteri stepped in closer and pressed her head into his back, muffled she said. “I love you.” His right arm went back to where she was, out of Stare’s sight. Threads slid from his hand and wrapped around Eteri’s waist, giving her a comforting squeeze.

“And I love you. I promise. I'll figure something out.”

There was a muttering sound from where Stare was, and it sounded like a few attemptingly hidden clacks and caws under her breath. Nevin let out a breath and looked back to the bird. “Right. So. The medicine should work but you'll need some time before you're really safe to be walking around. Eteri, off please. Kind of hard to walk.” He chuckled as Eteri lifted her head off his back and stepped to the side.

The kenku at this point was looking deliberately away, a hard look in her eyes. “I'm fine, ill be fine. We should get back to Raevin as soon as we can,” she said quietly. Nevin tilted his head to the side. She - was upset. But why? It wasn't like she wanted to hug him - Vitruvion wouldn't let her have real relationships from what she had said. They had settled as good friends - so why did she seem agitated at him giving Eteri affection? And why was Eteri being so quiet? It wasn't like her at all.

Dark eyes slid back and forth between the two women before he blinked. Ah. Maybe this was less to do with who the affection was with, and just the affection itself? He did remember that in Akashima being affectionate where others could see was frowned upon. He didn't realize that Stare had held onto that. He cleared his throat, loudly.

“Well then. I was going to suggest a simple meal, but you are right. We should go to help him as soon as possible.” Maybe if he got them out of the shop, things would be better?