The two retired to both Ulroke and Scarlet's personal quarters. She knew that the Crimson Hand leader would not appreciate bringing guests into his room but dammit. It was her room too, and if he could bring an Ixian Knight to their quarters she could bring Madison.

Lye's quarters were not as they usually were. His large polished onyx bed sat at the center, and his writing desk adorned with an array of alchemical concoctions and ingredients sat to the far left. However amongst the weaponry and armoury against the left side, sat stands with dresses, and more feminine attire. These were gifts to Scarlet. There was a small mirrored vanity, made of the same polished onyx as the rest of the furniture. It had small things scattered over it, hairbrush, ties, and papers with her own scrawled notes. Even the bed had extra pillows and furs thrown over it, most of them covered her side and it was clear the bed had been recently slept in by only one party. Scarlet could tell Madison looked at this things with a mild curiosity.

"You two have quite the cosy place." Madison commented. She sat in the plush chair next to the fireplace, briar knit hands cradling a cup of hot chocolate. Scarlet sat on the edge of the bed, her own cup sitting on the side table next to hair. It was barely touched.

"You think so?" Scarlet tilted her head, her eyes landing on a particular dress that hung elegantly on a dress makers doll beside the fireplace. It was made with a thick material and it shimmered in the firelight, almost like it was glistening in the wavering glow. It belonged to Lye's late wife, and he had given it to her. He had given her many things over the recent months. Perhaps Madison was right. "I felt this was more of a home than any other place I had lived." Scarlet responded.

"Was?"

"I don't exactly have warm fuzzy feelings Madison. To me, it's just a place to throw the days spoils, and to rest."

She took a long sip of her drink. "And are you okay with that?"

Was she? Was she okay with not having emotions? It didn't exactly bother her, at least not right now. Scarlet shook her head. "I always acted on emotional impulse before. It is better this way. This way I don't have that clouding my judgement. This way, I don't wake up hurting. It's just a cold and empty feeling and I can honestly say that's far better than what I was dealing with before."