Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 879

GP

Name
    Yvonne Mythrilmantle
    Race
    Grey Dwarf

View Profile
    Yvonne grinned - Felicity's lispy whisper broke the silence and reassured the half-dwarf that it wasn't all over for her. They weren't out of the woods yet but the neanderthal hybrid's voice inspired hope. With some first aid and sustenance - Ye be kidding me!? Ye haven't got any pre-cooked deer on hand!? Patience of stone, patience of stone-- Felicity should make a full recovery. Seeing as the food was taking its sweet time, the simmering mongrel opened the medical kit and rummaged through it.

"Ye were as brave as a dwarven sentinel back there. A real heroine," Yvonne commended, vocalizing the truth of it in order to keep the berserker awake. She was concealing it well but there was definitely a queasiness in the pit of her empty stomach, which was strange because normally she handled the sight of blood better. The black-skinned medic ignored how she felt, she didn't matter right now - Felicity did. She removed her fingerless leather gloves and pulled on a pair of clean, thinner ones from the kit. Grabbing a cloth she tried to clear the severed skin of blood so she could see what needed to be done.

Yvonne's surprise was profound when she realized there were wisps of smoke rising from the cloth. What, wait, that not be right. She stretched the cloth out in front of her wide silver eyes, and, surely enough, Felicity's blood was gradually devouring the material. There was a tiny hole which she could see right through. Good grief woman, ye didn't mention neanderthals have acid-blood! This complicates things.

The drow-dwarf medic would need more cloth to get her companion bandaged up, because the bleeding would work against the process. She soaked up what blood she could, carefully folded the cloth over to make it thicker and pressed it to the wound, getting blood all over her thin gloves. There was a wool blanket in the kit so that was immediately pulled out, slicing knife brought to bear upon it. Yvonne tore wool strips free and placed them over the cloth too, making a makeshift padding. That would need to hold - she shook her head at the thought of needle and thread, Felicity's blood would eat right through the thread - while she bandaged her friend.

Lifting Felicity at the hip gently Yvonne began to wrap her up around the middle single-handedly, under and back over, under and over. Securing it with a pin the wound was bound, but--

"Ow, ow," Yvonne reacted, pulling her hands free of the gloves falling to pieces. "Argh! That does not tickle." The medic struggled to complete first aid on herself, digging through their things looking for Felicity's purified water from the river. Finding it she poured some over her fuming flesh to dilute and wash the blood from her hand. It helped, soothing her of the writhing pain though it still tingled her skin.

"Miss, uh, Miss Yvonne? Your- your deer is ready," the drakari stammered, offering a large and wrapped bundle of cooked meat.

"I be a tad busy at tha moment, can't ye see? Put it on tha counter or ye'll contaminate--" Yvonne paused. Blinked. Swallowed.

"--contaminate tha food. Sorry if I sound cranky, me friend be hurt and she doesn't deserve ta be," she managed to finish. She felt like her body wanted to vomit, but she pushed it down. Breathed. Ignored it.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 05-05-2018 at 10:55 AM.
    So I’m cutting that branch off the cherry tree.
    Singing this will be my victory.
    Then I, I see them coming after me.
    And they’re following me across the sea.
    And now they’re stinging my friends and my family.
    And I, I don’t know why this is happening.
    ~ Thrice, Black Honey.