Felicity had fallen to her knees, had taken a moment to rest and to give her ankle the reprieve it was aching for. The red-headed lass had kept the pace and made it to the river - well, more of a babbling little brook than a real river - though she'd limped most of the way. It was obvious to her newfound dwarven companion that she was suffering through it, struggling to walk on it much at all.

While the warrior was busy picking up the pieces from her gear, Yvonne, ever the opportunist, was busy removing Felicity's boot. Bet ya didn't expect that.

Before Felicity could object and protest Yvonne shook her head and waved her down, saying, "I be borrowing it for a moment only. I want ta try an old trick we dwarves like ta use." The black boot-snatcher wandered away out of reach, leaving the bootless one to mutter and continue picking up her other belongings.

Yvonne began to answer her companion's question as she came to some particularly lush and green moss-covered rocks, not so far from the creek's edge. Her reply was honest and straightforward, much like Felicity's phrasing of the question. She could appreciate her friend's blunt - let's get right down to it shall we? - attitude. It seemed like few people had the courage and fortitude to simply say what they meant. There was no beating about the bush with Felicity Rhyolite and hopefully that never changed.

"I'm a mongrel. I be dark elven and dwarven both," she replied matter of factly. Yvonne wasn't facing her larger and stronger friend, but still speaking to her clearly, well within earshot. She was multi-tasking their conversation and carefully sickle-scraping some moss from the rocks, peeling free some good swathes. Talking about who she was and working with plants reminded her of home, that she should send a letter someday soon and check in. "I've not heard that word before... I'm not sure what a 'high-bred' be but it sounds important. Ye wouldn't happen ta be royalty would ya?"

Yvonne placed the moss strips into the sole of the boot, forming a natural padding that Felicity could walk on. Who knew, it might absorb some of the impact of her steps as they made the last leg of their journey today. It was no health potion, that much was certain, but out here you had to make do with the resources available to you, and the skills you had up your sleeve. Most dwarves knew all about gems and rocks, whereas Yvonne knew a thing or two about herbs and plants.

"Try this on for size again. It be cold and squishy on yer foot, ye I hear ya," the deep dwarf smiled as she handed Felicity her moss-laden boot back. "Yer great at ignoring pain so a little unpleasantness ought ta do ya no harm--," she pointed out, continuing, "--and it pains me ta know ya struggling with yer ankle. It'll be like walking on a cloud."