Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    For some reason, Nosdyn smiled to himself.

He wasn't entirely certain why or for what reason. Only that he simply smiled. With William Blake gone, he was free to operate at his own leisure. He took the gold coins and placed them in his rustic old backpack and put it away. He did not know it then, but the enemy was already on the move.

Nosdyn stepped forward towards the campfire. "It will be tonight." Nosdyn said to nobody in particular.

He moved to put out the campfire and prepare for his second meeting with his enemy.

At that point, The Brokenthorn Forest became unusually quiet. Nosdyn did not mind the noise of the forest, but at that point the silence of the wilderness was a heavy weight in the air. Nosdyn narrowed his eyes as he qucikly moved to take the campfire out. It took a short time, and there was smoke swelling off the no longer lit embers of the logs. He moved to undo his tent and hide his supplies. "Time to prepare." Nosdyn said out loud.

As he considered his next move, he decided on something very specific. The first time...Jake caught me off guard and stole something of value. This time...I'm returning the favour. Nosdyn moved into the darker areas of the area around the abandoned camp, and hid behind a nearby tree. He closed his eyes so that the glow of his eyes would not reveal his position too early. Eventually, he knew he had to train some stealth teachings. But for now...this would do.

As he hid there with his eyes closed, his muscles and breathing tensed.

He thought about what he would say to Jake...what he would do. He's probably gotten stronger. And so have I. I have not stopped training... He thought to himself. He unlatched his weapon but did not activate it right at that moment. He merely waited in hiding. He was certain that it would be that night. For the time being, he had to be patient. And wait to set the trap for his enemy.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Nosdyn blinked as Jake arrived.

The question lingered in the air between them for a moment or two. Hospitals and healing centers all had that same smell of healing magic and potions brewing. He never liked them, but he knew he had to have gotten tremendous amounts of help. Nosdyn sat in a regular sitting position, somewhat hunched over. His powerful musculature bulging as he sat there. Tensed up. He'd grown to respect Jake during the events at Stonevale. "I've been better." Nosdyn said carefully. He didn't want to reveal just how terribly he felt to Jake. He knew the fellow likely would not care anyway.

"Are the goblins defeated?" Nosdyn had to know. He had to know that the one time he had done something for somebody else it had meant something. And he'd completed his task. His memories of the actual battle were all over the place and likely would remain fractured for the rest of his days. He did not mind, he only knew that he'd fought and kept his honour, Nosdyn looked down at the moment, though he'd done something truly heroic...he didn't feel like a hero at all. He was confused about his place in Stonevale.

As he sat there, he stood up after a few moments and walked towards Jake. There was a noted limp from some previous injury in his step that was pronounced. As he walked he felt a little out of balance and clutched the bed calmly to orient himself anew. As he walked towards Jake he nodded once more. "Look. Jake...I know you don't like me. Probably never will...and that's all right." Nosdyn spoke in a strangely calm sort of way. "I just hope someday we can set aside our differences." Nosdyn appeared very tired. He'd killed hundreds of the goblins by himself and was inflicted with days worth of poisoning effects burning through his body. He'd tipped over the edge several times because of the poisoning but somehow came back. "Someone taught me that men and demons can live in harmony with one another. I am trying to fight for that dream." Nosdyn explained. "It will be slow-going. But maybe, someday...there will be a peace between us." Nosdyn looked his former enemy square in the eyes. Man to man. They had fought together...surely that meant something.

"Stonevale is my home now." Nosdyn said calmly. "I will fight anybody to help defend it and what it's about." Nosdyn wasn't sure why he was saying all that to Jake. Only that it was coming from the heart.