Nosdyn swung his broken sword like a donkey stung by a bee. That should teach him a lesson, Jake thought.

It did not.

The demon seemed no less confident than before, even though he'd just been disarmed by a single blow.

Jake began to have a change of heart. After all, what was Nosdyn really doing that was so evil? Arkboss had been wrecking havoc all across Althanas. Lye had been one of the worst assassins in the world, and Amari had killed hundreds of innocents. Nosdyn was... camping.

The half elf paused in his approach. He needed to think twice about his actions, sometimes. It was very easy to go dashing off to procure new demonhide and rid the world of Haidians. But he had to make sure he slew the right Haidians. It wasn't like the villagers were begging him to defend them against Nosdyn. In fact, according to the little he had learned, Nosdyn was actually... helping???

Jake frowned, lowering his sword. He couldn't forget or forgive the lives Nosdyn had taken in Alerar, nor the destruction he had caused. The demon needed to be punished. But perhaps he was trying to turn over a new leaf. Perhaps he did not deserve to be skinned alive for his crimes. In one swift motion Jake sheathed his crystal sword and drew his long liviol tonfa.

"I don't need to focus in order to beat the daylight into your brain," Jake said. "But I've decided I won't kill you after all. I'm just going to take you to the guards and tell them what you did. I'm sure they've got a cell somewhere we can stick you in to rot."

He took a step forward and swung the tonfa with all of his considerable finesse, aiming the stout stick to strike Nosdyn in the midsection. If he could knock the wind out of the brute, it would be easy to put him through a portal back to the guard barracks. Jake figured he could have beaten the demon hand to hand, but there was no reason to give up the advantage of his stick weapon against such a larger and more muscular opponent.