Stare paused for a moment, thinking. Looking down at the blue-skinned man - who hadn't put his mask on as yet - she thought about what she could do right now with him. She had an opportunity now to even try to get away from Vitruvion. With a demon at her side - for he surely was a demon - she could try to face him. Fight him. Conquer. Or she could try to flee. Run over the plains and far away. With her own demon in tow.

But her heart hammered and she rubbed her temples. No, using this young man like that would be doing the exact same that Vitruvion had done to her. Even having him call her his 'master' was beginning to get uncomfortable. Slavery was not something she liked, or enjoyed. In fact it was a little bit insulting. If she could, she would curl her lip with distaste like she had seen humanoids do, but she had to opt for clicking her tongue against the inside of her beak.

"I ..."

Bring him here, came the voice.

And Stare blinked. Bring him ... To the mansion?

No, idiot, to the Guard House, Vitruvion answered with an impatient note. That was where you sent all the workers, remember.

Ah yes, the workers. The burnt down mill. Those who had died, and the point of all of this revenge-getting.

You want to take him ... into the Hollow? She asked, a little incredulous.

Vitruvion sighed and she could almost hear the audible clack of his boots and cane across the floor. No, not the Hollow, he said. But bring him to the room above the Mess. I will meet you there when I can.

Then he broke away, quite suddenly, leaving Stare with a pause of confusion.

"Oh right ..." She said, audibly, "Erm ..."

She looked down at the man before her. Her man.

"My master wants us to go to where he is now," she said quietly. "There will be many people there and they will ask questions as we walk through so you ..." She ran a hand through her feathers at her upper arms. "You should probably try to act normal. Normal would be useful to me."

She breathed through the nostrils of her nose and held out a hand and forearm to the man, clawed and scaley and irregular.

"I'm Stare by the way. What should I call you?"