Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Breaker blinked several times, baffled by the guardian’s boisterous personality and swagger. Gingitsu produced a flask and sipped deeply form it, and then offered the strong-smelling vessel to the demigod.

“Well now you have called me, we may as well
    Drink up and be off on our way to hell!”

Josh accepted the flask and took a long swig, and then passed it back to the fox’s padded paw. It vanished within the voluminous robes, and the kitsune’s tails shifted to caress the sides of his face.

“Of what do you speak, guardian of spirits?
    I called you here this night to guide me to-”

“The Realm of the Thaynes? Aye, I know it well.
    ‘Tis the very same place that I call hell.”

Breaker arched an eyebrow at the trickster. Perhaps the Thaynes called the souls of those they deemed worthy to their realm. In that way, it might be thought of as a hell. Or perhaps Gingitsu was only called to their realm to be chastised. In any event, it hardly seemed like a reason not to complete the journey.

“Speak not in poems, I have not the time
    To sit around and listen to you rhyme.
    What is the price to travel to their realm?”

The fox paused in massaging his cheeks with his tails and moved a step closer, the smell of whisky and lavender growing imposing.

“There will be no price, we are in cahoots!
    But for safety’s sake I should wear your boots.
    No mortal may cross with metal carried,
    Unless you wish to end the night buried.”

The kitsune seemed relatively sober, and downright serious. Breaker peeled back his damaged right sleeve, revealing the adamantine bracer fused to his forearm.

“But what of this? I cannot remove it.”

Gingitsu waved a careless paw.

“No worry! Adamantine is immune
    To forces which make other metals swoon!”

The many-tailed Lore Guardian gestured emphatically at Breaker’s feet. The demigod considered for a moment, and then unfastened the buckles which held his legendary boots in place. He passed them to Gingitsu, getting the fox’s flat thonged sandals in return. Gingitsu fastened the boots to his feet and danced a little jig with tails waving.

“These like me well, I say let’s not tarry.
    Come on now, Breaker! Hop on this ferry!”

The fox turned and raced off down the tunnel, boots clanging, tails whipping in his slipstream. Breaker nearly lost his sandals in his haste to keep up. He tore down the musty tunnel, following the silvery blur of the Lore Guardian’s fur.

The air grew thick and murky as the demigod ran, slowing his gait. His vision became dark, except for sparkles of light which exploded out from the walls and clutched at him, dragging him back. It was the mortal world, attempting to hold him as he passed to the Realm of Thaynes.

Breaker pushed onward until he ran right into the end of the tunnel. His fists hammered mightily on the rock wall, and then he shoved forward and fell right through to the brightness on the other side.
    Last edited by Breaker; 06-13-2018 at 10:06 PM.