In the distance, The Citadel burned.

Smoke rose upward to taint the sky. It was a fitting end to the legacy of Radasanth. The shadow men easily destroyed the population of Radasanth and sacked it. Buildings crumbed under the weights of various fires and destruction. The shadow men were converging on Radasanth for a very specific prize.

Nosdyn had seen the mind of the shadow men and he was certain he knew what they were after. Granted that he was a Haidian, he did not really want to save a Human civilization. He found himself torn between his dreams and the goals of the shadow men. His eyes were narrowed as he stood there, conflicted. The shadow men were attacking Radasanth...and yet...he did not want to prevent the fall of their society. Though it was true that he'd changed during his time in Stonevale, he was still a Demon FIRST. As he stood there, on the broken streets, he observed. His thoughts were a whirlwind of chaos as he considered what he should do.

Part of him wanted to help save Radanth during it's time of need. But given the other side of the coin, they'd leave me out to dry for being a Demon... Nosdyn thought that last part very casually of the equation. He was a strategist first, and he knew that the shadow-men were a far superior enemy. Part of something else all together...a collective of sorts. Their agenda was not one of corruption or anything like that, they simply had a racial motivation to do what they had done.

Were they wrong...am I wrong...? Nosdyn was conflicted. He thought about what he wanted, an Althanas where Demons and Men could live together. He looked down on the broken cobblestone for a moment or two as he considered the folly of that. It is just a dream...but why do I have it...? Is my dream worth fighting for...? Nosdyn observed with a raised eyebrow as his opponent became as one organism with his pet, The Corpse King. It was a truly interesting event to observe. As he'd stared at it he watched as The Corpse King absorbed the young lord and they became as one entity.

"...By The Thayne. You've taken away your advantage FOR ME." Nosdyn suddenly said. At first he'd been concerned about how he was going to defeat TWO opponents. But now that he has combined with the other thing... Nosdyn walked forward towards The Corpse King. "You're a fool. I don't know if you can hear me in there...but you are a FOOL." Nosdyn did not say that with any actual malice in his voice, he merely spoke in a matter of fact way. Readying his weapon one more time, Nosdyn slowly began to feel rage building up from within.

Then...there was doubt. Is it right to kill him outright...given what I want...? Nosdyn thought to himself. This is The Citadel, he knew the risks going into this fight and so did I. The difference being is that I'm prepared to die. He is afraid. Nosdyn had observed the young lord's fancy clothing and attire and had assumed he was a noble from this or that nation. Noble blood... The thought swelled in his mind as he readied himself to attack. He was not built for stealth or speed, but rather...pure raw strength. Nosdyn was already hurt from the previous round of attacks, blood slowly trickling down from the injuries he'd sustained. However, the pain fueled his power and his Demon's desire to spread waste and destruction.

Again the feeling of conflict touched his heart. Why...do I feel this way now...? Is it because of Jake or something else all together. Jake... Nosdyn thought of his arch-enemy turned ally. The event back in Stonevale had changed Nosdyn significantly. He'd died for Stonevale.

The fact that the Stonevale citizens had accepted Nosdyn as he was...showed him that his dream could be achieved. It was a dream worth fighting for...and as Nosdyn stood there...blade at the ready, something happened. Nosdyn merely stared at The Corpse King/Hayate's eyes and did not attack. He was going to let The Corpse King approach. Even as the creature kicked up debris and cobblestone, a few of the pieces did hit Nosdyn. He flinched but did not retreat or counter. He was going to test The Corpse King's full power. He was gong to test himself...he was going to test them ALL.