The young lord watched ever closely as one after one the shadow men attacked him. He managed to evade them relatively simply as they attacked in a very forward manner with wide telegraphed movements. All it took was taking decisive backward steps and a bit of swinging his sword and any shadow men that attempted to hurt him were pushed back bit by bit. Hayate didn’t seem to be having the slightest bit of trouble dealing with these all but mindless constructs.

By now Hayate had put about fifty or so yards and about twenty shadows between himself and Nosdyn spacing them out a bit. As he continued his backward march the young lord noticed an alley way to his left and quickly diverted himself into it. About forty feet down the alleyway he could see a rudimentary fire escape that leads all the way to the second floor roof. As his feet carried him towards the scaffolding he could hear the shuffling of his pursuers behind him. The hairs on the back of his neck stood on edge as a wave of fear washed over him. Was this the shadow men or something else?

The young lord lifted himself up onto the rig and once safely on took his blade and sliced through the weak metal ladder below him. He had cut off the shadows from fallowing him any further for the time being but couldn’t help shake the feeling that things weren’t going to be getting better from here. He turned faceing the main street he left his opponent on and pondered if this feeling that was overtaking him was Nosdyn.

After a brief moment of thought the young lord made his way to the top of this relatively small building. He figured that it wouldn’t be long before the demon showed his face again. But Hayate had to come up with some solution to defeat Nosdyn. He was durable that was for sure, but was he impervious? Hayate didn’t think so and began to plot his next move against the beast of a man.

Let me just get my hands on him, Yamato spoke to Hayate. If I can just get a good grip this fight will be over in an instant.

And what if he doesn’t let you, what if he sinks his blade into your heart? the young lord had already noticed the cut on his knuckles from before when the Corpse King caught the demons blade. He wasn’t sure if Nosdyn had caught on yet or not but the damage inflicted onto the Corpse King is reflected back onto Hayate as if it were his own. Still he knew that if they didn’t do anything and be proactive this fight would be over before they even land another blow.

Then let’s play the long game, I’m sure he isn’t going to be able to keep up with us. We could set up some kind of trap from him or something.

And you call me rash and impulsive… For now we will wait and see what he does next. I don’t want to get caught up in whatever he is doing over there.