Level completed: 2%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,950

GP

Name
    Lilly Svalesin
    Race
    Dark Elf

View Profile
    Breathing returned back to normalcy. The powerful Alerian was on her side, what a relief. Maybe he could clear out the kidnapping ring all on his own and save Lilly the trouble of finding a band of mercenaries willing to do it. It would save the vengeful elf both time and money. Plus, mercenary bands tended to be smelly and unreliable. This hunter before her looked like a professional, he barely smelled at all, and he was scary as hell. Fear was a necessary tool when dealing with scum, though the bashful woman had no skill for intimidation.

Directly before her a lump of a man was suspended mid-air by a powerful arm. The captive was bleeding profusely from his leg, staining his clothes crimson. The drunken drow was shaking, breathing heavy, sobbing. It was a sad sight to behold.

Staring into his sullen face the girl couldn’t help but feel a bit of pity for him, until she reminded herself what he had done. The suffering he inflicted upon the defenseless.

Coating her words in venom she spat, “what kind of animal preys on children?”

Whimpering persisted but that question went unanswered. The gauntleted detective did not expect an answer, but she needed to say that. Let this monster know what she thought of him.

“Where are you holding the kids you snatched up?” she inquired. Asking directly seemed to be the most prudent she assumed. The sooner their heinous operation was shut down the better.

Through whimpering and tears the prisoner plead, “y-you don’t know what you’re getting into... I can’t tell you where it is, I do and I’m good as dead... c’mon plea-,” interrupting him the Huntsman grasped at his bloody gash. Hard. The wretch screamed in agony before continuing, “alright, alright, they’re operating out of a factory’s warehouse. Near the corner of Fourth Street and Orbyn. Please don’t hurt me.”

A warehouse? Thin gloved fingers tapped her scrunched lips. Lots of empty space, likely several entrances, a bustling manufacturing site nearby would draw little suspicion from authorities.

Placing her hands on slender hips the dark skinned elf looked the pathetic being over before prying further, “and how many guards? Especially at this time of night.”

“I-I don’t know! I usually operate in the day and I don’t count our guards or anything... maybe seven or eight,” the coward stuttered out.

Lilly knew his account of how heavily guarded the operation was couldn’t be trusted. It would be remiss of her not to at least ask though. The real question was whether or not he was over exaggerating to discourage the pair or under estimating to screw with them. She wasn’t that good at reading people so it was just conjecture either way.

“I’m through with him,” she issued, uncertain if she had missed any important details. The naive sleuth inquired, “so you will let him go now? Doubt he could go warning his associates in his condition.”
    Last edited by Lilthis; 07-01-2018 at 09:14 PM.