I sat quite happily and comfortably in Nevins lap, nuzzling into the crook of his neck. I was short of breath and sticky with sweat and ...other htings, but I was happy and oddly enough I felt very full and satisfied, as though I had just eaten twelve ramen bowls. “Am full.” I purred into him as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders. “Eteri like being fed that way.” And it was true. I had enjoyed it, even without the more intimate feelings beforehand. “I want more.” I blurted the words out without realising.

“I will need time to work back to that again, my love.” Nevin let out a weak chuckle again as he focused on me. “But in the meantime, you'll definitely be getting something similar when we get home.” Despite the exhaustion I could see in his eyes, I could see lust building in them, and I felt him growing beneath me. Ah - I had, but he hadn't.

“Miss…”

I turned over my shoulder to look at a very busty woman. Auburn hair tied up in high curls. “A few of us couldn’t help but notice your….ahem…play and we were wondering… if perchance one day you would put on a show for us, you and that….” Her green eyes travelled to Nevin. “Lovely Master of yours.”

My fur bristled and I felt a low anger radiate within me. She wanted to stare at Nevin. She wanted to see Nevin...to touch him. I growled then hissed. “No!” I snapped. “Is mine. All mine!”

“A-ah…” She took a few steps back then ignored me… IGNORED ME as she turned to Nevin. “I meant no harm, do let her know that.” She said before she quickly scurried away.

“Eteri...love that hurts…”

“Eh?”

I glanced down at his thighs, my claws had dug into his skin. “oh.OH!” I pulled them away. “Eteri sorry!” He winced slightly, then kissed my forehead, trying to soothe me.

“Love. She knows I am yours. She wanted to watch you take me in, to see what I do to you.” Without the clothes in the way, he meant. He….she…

“She wants to watch us have the sex?” I blurted out. How absurd. “That..that so strange, it like...someone reading over what we do or something! Not sure if like.” I mumbled, and Nevin let out a soft laugh as he kissed my neck.

“I wouldn't care but I'd only do something like that if you wanted to. I don't care who sees the proof that we love each other.” Right - he had been the one to take me out to the restaurant in the first place.

He enjoyed it...and I did too but… I shook my head. “Am not sure. Maybe. Not now. Now is Nevin time.”I said softly as I helped lift him up. “Did you want go home?” I asked softly as I let him lean against me. I had learned from Stare that sometimes...people needed me to be quiet. Not so loud. I felt like this was one of those times. He studied me for a moment, and then nodded, closing his eyes. I stood up, and pulled him up behind me.

I carefully guided him through the gallery, past the thinning crowd of people who were congratulating us. Nevin managed to handle it with surprising aplomb, shaking the hands of the few people who tried and thanking them all for their well wishes. He somehow managed to keep any of them from staying near us too long, always ushering them away so that they left with a smile on their faces. Even the ones who reiterated the desire to see us, well, together, which, I noticed with a possessive growl were unanimously women, and all of them were watching my Nevin. And even the ones who kept repeating the volunteer man’s sacrifice, trying to keep us here so they could become art too.

Even though he didn't show it that they could tell, I could see Nevin’s shoulders tense up slightly, and his expression go blank whenever one of those people showed up. But - Nevin’s threads, and his life force, filling me there had felt so good and that even now I just wanted more, wanted to have Nevin inside of me again. But - we needed to get home, first. My Nevin was looking so tired, when I was the only person looking at him.

We managed to get out of the building. I took in a deep breath, the air was so much fresher out here and we were close to the shore. I could smell the salt of the sea wafting on the gentle breeze. “Is ok Nevin… we be home soon yes?” I said as we continued walking. Now we were out of there, he wasn’t leaning on me so much. He was quiet, and it seemed like something was plaguing him. We walked silently side by side. I was thankful that none of the patrons had chosen to follow or aid us home. They had gotten the hint that Nevin wanted to be alone.

“Hey, Hey…” I said as I gently nudged him. “If it helps...you can has some of my blood.” I offered him a wry grin. He chuckled, and took my hand in his, lacing his fingers with mine.

“I think, love, that doing that right now might defeat the whole purpose, don't you?” He chuckled softly, then tilted his head back. “I.. Have a lot more life energy than he did. Not even close to the same amount.” His voice was soft, contemplative.

I furrowed my brow. “Defeat purpose? Not understand. Please explain?” He paused on the street corner, and rolled his shoulders, still holding onto my hand tightly.

“Well. When I drink your blood, love, I end up taking just the tiniest bits of your life force. It's the kind that replenishes itself in minutes, and doesn't impact anything. But still, it's taking your life force - and wouldn’t it be strange to do that when I just killed a man to give you more?” His voice had gotten tighter, a bit strained, there at the end.

I blinked. Realising the problem. “I see.... Nevin sad because had to kill man today… Sacrifice not sit well with you.” I gave a slow nod. “Understand. Won’t do no more. Even if willing.” I gave his hand a squeeze as I turned my body to face him, reaching up and cupping his cheeks. I was ok with this… “I am ok with what left of life. Because have it with you. Let not worry about that no more. Ok?”

He leaned into my hand, closing his eyes. He stayed there for a moment, before one of his hands came up and held onto mine, wrapping his long, red-lined digits around my small hand. “No, Eteri. I'm not sad because I had to kill a man. I've done it before. I'm sad because… It Didn't feel like it was enough, and I'm already thinking of ways to get more for you. And I know, in a way, that I shouldn't be. That I should just accept that you won't live as long as I do, and cherish the time that we have together.” He opened his eyes and stared into mine, and his expression was full of dark intent.

“But I refuse to accept it. I'm too selfish. I - I normally let so much go by, because I had nothing I cared about. And now, now I have you, and I never, ever want to let you go.”

I didn’t care about whatever intent he may have had. I caught the undertone in his voice, the low and growled way he spoke. The way the octave in his words dropped. He was serious. I leaned forward and pressed my lips gently against his. He breathed in sharply and one of his hands dropped to wrap tightly around my waist as he drew me in. He pulled away to rest his chin on my shoulder. In turn I wrapped my arms around his broad shoulders. “Promise will stand by you. No matter choice.” I confirmed with him. He squeezed me tighter.

“I know.” He whispered. “I know….”