He spent the next few hours in the holding cell before anyone else came by. Hayate heard a number of heavy footsteps coming down the hall before they stopped in front of his cell. With a loud cling the lock on his door was removed and light cascaded into the dark room. The sudden brightness burned Hayate’s eyes and as he winced he could make out the outline of three figures.

“Hayate Amatsukami,” A gritty voice rang out as the first man stepped into the room. He was a tall knight clad in full armor. This must be the guy who knocked the young man out earlier. Was he here to make sure Hayate didn’t try anything stupid again? “Lord Osiris has informed us that you are to be released at once.”

“It’s about time,” Hayate said as he raised his head to make eye contact with the knight. “Where is the bastard?”
The man mean gazed intensified as he walked closed and began undoing the bindings on Hayate’s wrist and waist.

“He isn’t here, but wants you to meet with Mitchell Vogahah.” He went on as he finished untying Hayate.

“Does he expect I just do everything he tells me?” Hayate said as he stood up and quickly retrieved his sword from the corner of the room.

“There are some things Mitchell needs to tell you.”

“I hope its good news.” Hayate didn't get his hopes up. By now he already knew something was up when the locked him in here. And it scared him even more not seeing anyone who looked like they were even from Akashima. Had everything been for nothing?