"Are you going to show us what you really can do?" Beth's request resonated with Hayate. He knew that in time he would gain his strength back and be at where he was before he lost his arm but until then this was the best he could do. Hayate continued to ponder her words the entire walk home and by the time he reached his new estate was determined to find a way to conjure the beast.

Hayate decided it was time to force it to work. He made his way to the green field behind his manor and drew his sword. He held it tightly in his hand looking at the ancient etchings down its length. He knew that he had it within him but had to find a way for force it out.

Yamato, The young lord telepathically said to his weapon. I can’t keep doing this, you need to work.

“Rise up!” Hayate yelled at the top of his lungs as he channeled his spiritual energy into his sword. The blade began to glow a deep red color before fizzling out. A bead of sweat dripped from his brow as he grew annoyed. He felt the combined stress of the recent months begin to weigh him down again but didn’t give up. He lifted the sword high above his head and cried out once more. But there was still nothing.

I need your power.

“Rise Up!” he tried again now putting all his energy into the sword. It glowed a bright red more vibrant than before. It grew brighter and brighter then all of a sudden shattered and broke into many pieces. The from behind Hayate a figure began to appear like a spawn of hell ripping and tearing its way to the surface. An Ethereal arm reached out from the ether and grabbed Hayate tenderly in its clutches before it assumed its true form. A massive twenty foot tall man clad in the finest of ethereal armor stood towering over the nearby trees.

I have returned my master.