Now that I had shared much with this beautiful woman, including our bodies, I felt as if only truth was possible here. After all, she was being honest with me, what kind of honourable creature would I be to lie in response. I tilted my head around to kiss her cheek before I decided I needed to change position. My shoulders rolled back, and I pushed myself up so that I was sitting, letting out a breath before I replied.

“The truth is, I have only had certainty she is my daughter for a week,” I said slowly. “I have always been keen there was the possibility, but … she is biologically mine.”

Then I shrugged. “And most of my siblings have not seen me in a few millennia, and the others who have think I'm an idiot. They call me 'barbarian’. Or 'rogue’.”

Koreena pursed her lips slightly as she thought over what he had just shared with her. “Wow, um- so there was a possibility that you knew the entire time and didn’t pursue it?” She tilted her head sideways slightly.

I raised my brow, “well, yes. But there was a slight issue was that her mother and I had an affair. She is married … to my former master.” The word cane easily from my mouth to describe the relationship I had had with Morté. It was surprising how smooth it came, even to me, who had tried to deny the issues of enslavement … but my recent escapades with Morningstar had made me bed to admit such things.

KC pulled her knees to her chest, chewing on her lower lip. “Did you try to be in her life, maybe not as a father but as a friend at least?” She whispered gently.

I blinked, then nodded. “Of course. When Morté once beat her to unconsciousness her mother brought her to me, and we became familiar at least. From then I kept my distance but tried to keep an eye out for her.” I rubbed my clean shaven chin, then looked at her, with an idea. “You'd probably get on with her actually.”

She laughed, shaking her head. “I can barely get along with my own flesh and blood. I am hard to like or love dear. I doubt your daughter and I would get along smashingly.” She sighed pushing a hand through her locks. “It’s just how I am, I’ve always had a tough exterior that has since hardened with my mother’s murder.”

My hand froze on my chin as the word whispered out. My breath sucked in fast. Murder. Lips parting I could not help but stare at her, then I lent forwards to grip her hand. “I'm sorry. We can shift subject.”

Her body relaxed under my touch as she took a deep breath. “No I’m sorry, please I’m okay. You don’t have to treat me like I’m going to break. I- I would love to meet your daughter.” She offered me a sad smile.

I nodded. “Then what are you doing tomorrow? I will be going back to my home in Tor Elythis, which is close to here, where she is.”

She looked shocked for a moment but composed herself quickly. “I don’t plan life much but I would love to go to your home and meet your daughter.”

A smile came to my face as I relaxed back, glad to have something - someone - else other than my daughter to talk to. Though my students were exciting as prospects they were not my whole life. My flat, my work with Morningstar and Selena instead were. “Don't worry, you'll be introduced as a friend, that is all. If that is acceptable in how I might consider you.”