Day two.

It started much like the first. Stare had to move a couple of times, stretching her legs to avoid cramp, twist and move. At one point she twisted right the way around and found herself to looking right at where he was examining a book intently, lips pursed and brow low. For a long moment she stared at the man who had ruined her life, and was even now keeping her captive, even if it was for her safety. After a few seconds he paused, his attention wavering from the book, and focusing on the room, as he clearly grew conscious of her gaze. Tensing he drew in his breath, and paused before slowly lifting his eyes to look right back at her.

She held his eye contact for only a moment before switching to look emptily into the middle of the room, and he let out a discontented sigh, but that made her more satisfied. Let him be dissatisfied with how she was treating him, and treating herself. He more than deserved it for what he had put her through - god or no god. Right now, she did not care about his divinity, or the fact that they were undeniably linked. This was her misery, her sorrow and he could darn well deal with it if he wanted her around that much.

Zulon came in again with food, bringing it straight in wordlessly, though knocking first this time. Stare saw there were two plates, each as equally fine as the last with no difference aside from one was slightly larger. As Vitruvion set his books aside to move towards it he threw a glance towards her, but she made no move to get up.

“You will make yourself ill,” was his only comment as he reached for cutlery.

But she did not reply. Instead there was awkwardness in the room as Zulon remained standing, shifting his weight from one foot to the other.

“What?” Vitruvion growled, leaning back in his chair, alongside the food, “if you are asking if she is going to eat today, then I can give you no answer.”

“Ah … ah no sir,” Zulon spoke delicately, “no this is about … about outside. A note came today from the mansion asking if Miss Stare was going to return at all. It said something about it being ‘Tuesday tomorrow’ and the ‘accounts’ needing to be done?”

“Reply that Mer can handle all duties that Stare does,” Vitruvion spoke quickly, “inform them that Stare is ill, and it is unknown when she will be back to her duties.”

Well. At least she had an excuse for not attending any of her meetings. Most definitely she was not in the mood to go back to work. Yes, she had dealt with harsh realities before, such as the whole being immortal thing, but that had mostly been anger, and she could do practical things with anger. This was … well, giving up mostly. The final straw in her mental state, that had sent her into this pit of despair where there was little desire to move or even live right now.

Vitruvion’s gaze snapped up. He sucked in his breath as he stared at her, alarmed. Zulon paused, looking confused for a moment, but then understood. Realising it was likely time to go he backed out quickly, giving a quick bow of the head to the room before leaving. It was then that Vitruvion pushed his food to the side, shoving the plate onto the table and started rapidly advancing towards her, concern written deep on his face.

Quickly, Stare pulled herself tighter, curling back into her foetal position, wings folded tightly against her back. Clearly he had been in her mind at that time, not distracted by his food, and now she regretted even thinking it, but it had slipped by her consciousness. Making a small whining sound she buried her face onto her arms and whispered.

“I am not going to, Vitruvion. It would only cause me unnecessary pain, I would have to come back anyway and-”

A very light touch met her head, and she broke off. As she did she felt it pause, and the touch become nothing more than that - a hesitation on the edge of contact. It drew back though, and she opened one eye to peer up to see him standing over her, distress clear on his face - a far cry from the proud, cruel man she had known when first coming here. He shook his head, rubbing a hand over his skin.

“Don’t - don’t do that, Stare. I am not being trivial, if you have those … types of feelings, then I cannot let you avoid the discussion, because it is highly a serious topic of conversation that needs to be undertaken, no matter what your angst and issues with me. Indeed, I may be-”

“I won’t, okay,” she interrupted him, her voice softer again. And slightly, she shook her head as she uttered a sigh. “I promise I won’t.”

And she had never broken one of her promises to him. They were rare and unusual, but each was formed out of sincerity, similar to his own. Vitruvion had orders and commands - but then he also had his promises to her. Both of their uncertainties met in that battlefield of discussed and matters were settled. With this very different way that he was treating her currently Stare imagined that they would be more common in the days to come.

He left her side and moved back to his seat after five more minutes of standing, watching her. Eventually she relaxed out of her tensed roll and lay flat, wings beneath her, sighing out to the world. Though she did not eat still, he seemed more comfortable that day.