Level completed: 79%, EXP required for next Level: 854
    Level completed: 79%,
    EXP required for next Level: 854

GP

Name
    Charles Rivers

An Alternative Method For Gaining A Girlfriend

contains language. Sequel to Considering The Apocalypse As A Thing Unwanted
    I leant back in my large office chair, staring at the ceiling as my megalomaniac brother from ancient times paced the floor before me.

“But it's impossible Char,” he kept repeating, over and over again.

Sighing, not for the first time I lifted a hand to my temples and massaged them, beginning to feel a nauseating headache growing. I had neither wanted, nor summoned Morningstar here, but as was his apparent will now, he kept appearing in my life, now that I was back on the mortal plane and he knew of my freedoms. Not that he exactly wanted me to be entirely free. Swearing my fealty to him was always on the agenda, but after an initial incident of being abducted by this self-styled Prince, there was less of a chance of me giving in to that.

Instead, we had a deal. He had somehow bargained for my mystical, dark power from my previous subjugator - the King of Hell. I did not know what bargain he had made; in all honesty I was not interested. What I wanted was my power, and Morningstar would supply me with it, segment by segment, so long as every victory in saving the world from the impending apocalypse I attributed to him.

Which had been fine, for me. What was not fine was him turning up at my lectures, office and doorstep every second day, ready to moan about something else. Mostly it was him trying to to further persuade me to join him, or speak about his new hobby - finding the rest of our siblings. This was the fourth time, and right now he was speaking of our brother Morpheus, the primordial who was capable of aiding restless gods to sleep. He had disappeared from our lives over three thousand years prior.

“Morn, I genuinely need to work,” I muttered from under my hand. “You cannot keep showing up like this.”

He twisted around, and I caught his glare through the gaps between my fingers, where hairline cracks of light filtered through, bright in the afternoon sun that glowed through my bow window. Slowly I lowered my hand with a sigh, looking at him straight.

“I still have students, I have duties. Some of which I am barely holding onto, thanks to my extended vacation, that you forced me on.”

He shrugged slightly. “I would do so again. I might do if it benefits me.”

“Yes, well next time you plan on taking me prisoner again, please give me a forewarning,” I replied sarcastically.

Morningstar just nodded once. “I will,” he said, perfectly seriously.

“Right, great,” I rolled my eyes, knowing that he would stick to the agreement, but in his methodological way. Meaning, I could have two seconds warning before I was dragged to his court again. Rolling back my shoulders I looked down at the papers on my desk and began to lean forwards. “Anyway, I have work to do, so come back later.”
    Last edited by Philomel; 10-07-2018 at 02:57 AM.