Level completed: 19%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,060

GP

Name
    Hayate Amatsukami
    Race
    Human

Distracting the Masses (Battle Royal)

“How long has it been, and how long till we have to meet back up with Shinsou?” the disembodied voice of Yamato asked the young Shinobi as Hayate walked slowly across the sprawling Radasanth skyline. “Didn’t he say we would need to be in Tylermande…”

“When did you all of a sudden begin to care about what others said?” the shinobi mocked his partner. Some days it was like he was talking to a wall and others he seemed to honestly care, but those were few and far between. The two of them had just finished their business in Radasanth and were about to make their way back to Whitevale to rejoin the Brotherhood’s main forces, until they heard something interesting.

“Come one come all!” Shouted a number of citadel monks as the strolled through the crowded Radasanth marketplace. The city was filled to the brim with refugees from the south, most tried to stay to the small rundown shelters, but others saw those places to be crowded dens of crime and worse than staying on the streets. While it didn’t affect the businesses in the area it did make it hard to get around as most of the refugees fled with everything they could carry.

“You all can’t miss the event of the decade, one night only, a free match in the Colosseum, multiple men enter only one can come out alive!” the monks went on as they marched up and down the market inviting the entire populous to come. This was in part a genuine and thoughtful idea put forth by the Citadel to accommodate and entertain the masses of people coming into the city, but also a diversion created by the Assembly to try and forgo taking any real action to help the refugees. While this wouldn’t be common knowledge to the public, it’s pretty clear to see that they would rather distract their people instead of help them.

“Did you hear that?”

This was the very thing that I had come to fight against. I, Hayate Amatsukami last of my line, fight for the people and to protect what I hold dear. For the last year I’ve lived in hiding within the ranks of the Brotherhood, they have all become my friends and closest allies, and together we plan to over throw the Assembly and establish a new order for our beloved country. And for this reason I’ve decided it was time to make myself know to the world, to win this festival and announce that the Son of Akashima is ready to stand up for Corone and its people.

Registration was the simple part.

The stadium the monks created for their little festival was a sprawling arena lined with rows upon rows of refugee filled seats all eagerly awaiting the arrival of the competitors. It was cold and snow fell from the heavens like dancing fairies gracefully blanketing large the circular stone tablet in a soft white vail. The rules seemed simple enough, keep at least one foot on the tablet at all times, and fight until only one soldier remains standing. Four large pyramid shaped monoliths placed in all cardinal direction formed an invisible barrier between the competitors and onlookers, keeping those in the stands safe from any stray arrows or magic.

Hayate stood at the northern most side of the arena starring up into the crowds. Though he had the full intention of becoming the star of the show for now he dawned his wooden dog mask to hide his scarred face. There was a bit of a chill in the air, enough for him to see his own breath make a small cloud in front of his face. He wondered who all would show up for a competition like this, the stands were almost shoulder to shoulder at this point so whoever showed up would have to put on a good show.
    Last edited by Hayate_Amatsukami; 12-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.
    "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that!" -Sasuke Uchiha