The question hit a chord with something inside of Lorenor.

How old are you...? The words repeated themselves over and over. He searched for as honest an answer as he could find. "I was a soldier fighting during the Demon War of antiquity. That much I DO remember but only bits and pieces of it. As time has progressed I remembered some of the story but lost frustrating amount of it during my time as a servant of N'Jal. There are documents and records that place me in active service during the Demon War. I was a ranking officer at the time." Lorenor was trying to explain the weight of history as best he could...for an Immortal it was a different sort of a burden.

Lorenor rubbed his chin carefully, he was deep in thought. "The Demon War was many generations ago but your reckoning if I'm not mistaken several hundreds of years. At the very least anyway. It's difficult to tell certain events anymore." His memory was fractured by N'Jal's taint and it was always a difficult matter reflecting on the past. Thoughts, feelings, emotions. It was in flux...almost as if there were multiple pasts and multiple versions of himself across Time and Space. That...was likely not far from the truth either. Lorenor shook his head, he was already thinking in circles.

It was difficult for him to relate to Mortal folks on some points...

"The Tablet of Destiny was a powerful relic that Sei found during one of his adventures." Lorenor narrowed his eyes for a moment as he visualized the ancient and priceless item. "It's structure contained a prophecy that lead to the creation of the Ixian Knights...and eventually...our downfall." Lorenor was choosing his words carefully. He didn't want to affect the boy's free will to choose his own path in life. "For every light in the world...in the universe...there is a shadow. Remember that, my boy." Darkness and light were of two opposing forces. Even now they were locked in eternal conflict. "The Ixians were group of Heroes...trying to save people and right a lot of wrong things going on at the time...the agents of darkness rose up against us and we lost." Lorenor sighed for a moment.

His head hurt, he knew the boy was curious but it was difficult for Lorenor to recall certain things those days. Lorenor touched his hand to the side of his forehead. "Sorry kid, thinking about the past makes my head hurt a lot...it's a big mess sometimes. Either way though...I'm glad I found you when I did. It's my nature to help folks who need it." Lorenor said casually. He liked the boy before him, the kid had an energy about him...was a rather pleasant one too.

Lorenor pondered for a moment longer. "Outside besides ash-fall there's critters and beasts in Concordia that have gotten ticked off cause of the ash-fall. Like I said earlier, it's not safe anyway. We'll go out in the morning when the sun is up again...though we won't be able to see it cause of the cloud." Lorenor had been through many disasters in his long life, but the volcanic eruption was really one of the worst...