I've lived a life where I have come to know gods.

Old and new gods. Pantheons and single entities. Demons and devils. Thaynes and glories. Archangels, personifications, avatars, abberations, monsters of legend and celestials. In Althanas there are many various dieities, as many, perhaps, as there are underworlds, hells and places you can go after death. Some of them are just the different lands in Hadia, realm of demons, and some more serve exceedingly specific religions. For a long part of my life I lived in one called Rahl, ruled by a higher demon, or a minor death deity who called himself the 'King of Death.' Rahl is just one of many, however, even though it is a source of all my pain.

I, personally, am a primordial, one of some hundred. It is expected. I was born at the beginning of time to specifically serve what are now known as the Old Gods, great ancient beings thought to be akin of original essences of life, death and so on, who created the world and then all died. Yet me and my siblings survived.

Hence why I had no religion that I followed.

Yet still, somehow, I ended up in the middle of a festival, right in the centre of the happy city of Radasanth.

The goddess Luna, she was apparently called. Named so for the moon which was her symbol and where she was said to dwell. Her festival day was all eclipses, especially solar ones where the great disc blotted out the sun, being the perfect size to do so. Right now was the third day of revelery, just after the sun had been reduced to that thin ring of shimmering light, causing the sky to dull in shade. Already had the light returned to the world, yet still the people celebrated Luna's grace and beauty.

The streets of the sector where her festival was truly brilliant was alive with colour. Blues, greys, purples and whites, all spread across the streets. Banners were displayed outside of houses, streamers spread from drain to eaves, and people wore the most wondrous garments. They had cloaks and masks depicting the moon at various times of the lunar cycle, along with special constellations that meant personal things to them. As I strode down the streets, watching all this revelery, I was offered foods that were wrapped in icing, dyed for the same colours, and offered drinks of berry juice. I nodded at the famous prostitutes who spoke of their great matriarch, and I smiled at the small icons on windowsills and tables of Luna herself.

The sight made me happy and satisfied: at least some celebrants of this world were able to dance and sing. The problem was I was different. I knew that an apocalypse was coming, and I had a voice in the back of my head.

Or an awareness. Another being who was a symbiote to me, latched onto my soul and could now not survive with out me. She was the source to my darker powers and she called herself Destruction.

Ohh, now she's pretty!

I paused and looked over to an alleyway entrance was. A young woman barstaff was flirting with a patron outside a coffee shop. She had blonde hair, smiling eyes and was in a purple tea dress.

"Hmm," I commented and kept walking.

Then, the building beside me exploded.