Adventurer

EXP: 5,090, Level: 3
    Level completed: 3%, EXP required for next Level: 3,910
    Level completed: 3%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,910

GP

Name
    McKinley JoAnne Parish
    Iswayed back and forth, the burning sensation of tears in my eyes. At first I couldn't believe that it was him, it was Joshua after seven hundred and thirty days give or take a few, since I had last seen him. The pain inside my chest almost made me double over, I felt almost as is if I was having some type of heart failure. The tears slid down my face, not willingly I just had to stare at him for a moment to take the sight of him in, standing in front of me. When he moved I moved almost like a jittery dance.

His words held empty meaning to me, I stared at him. Tears wet my cheeks blinking, lifeless eyes. "People have died, Nym-" My words broke off I could feel my lower lip tremble.

I looked away, for a moment. The pain of losing my one true friend was overwhelming. "She died."

Looking back at him, the realization on his face when he understood what I was saying. He advanced on me panic set in as I scurried away, tripping over my own feet. He stopped almost immediately when he saw the look of fear come across my face. "You weren't here. Not for two years, things happened. I... I killed people..." My voice squeaked.

"You left me to do her bidding and many have suffered greatly in your absence." I spat out bitterly at him.

Turning my back on him I walked towards the cupboard, fetching the second to last bottle of liquor. I refused to run back into his arms like I had many times before. He had shattered my heart, crushed my soul and in that dark period I had become a beast of destruction. I was what nightmares were made from, things mothers would tell their child to scare them into behaving. Tears fell, like a leaky faucet that constantly dripped. I poured myself a cup of bourbon, I didn't enjoy the taste but it got me intoxicated a lot faster then the sweeter stuff.

"This is all your fault." I drank from the cup deeply, wincing at the harsh burn that slid down my throat, warmed my belly and spread throughout my body. Shivering I moved to pour another cup, the harsh taste still in my mouth.
    Last edited by loves.blessing.; 01-26-2020 at 04:39 PM.