Koreena smiled at Selena, “my mother’s people are from the same realm.” Her gaze went from daughter to father. She thought for a moment, unsure if he would know exactly who she was about to meet him. “Have you ever heard of the philosopher Aristotle? He had an amazing mind and wrote stunning scrolls about mathematics and biology.” She breathed for a moment, “my mother, Leila she met a realm traveler and he had gifted them to her after seeing her dance.” She smiled sadly, taking a sip of her tea once more.

“I guess to answer your question, I read all types of things, science, mythology and even some fiction.” She shrugged.

Charon paused before he nodded a couple of times. “Yes, I have heard of Aristotle. They are inspiration for the Coronian philosopher Platon. I've done a couple of lectures on his work in democracy.” He leant forwards and looked about his books a moment before pointing at a shelf. “There.”

“So your mother was a dancer?” Selena asked, looking intrigued.

KC smiled, she was glad that Charon knew now that she was not just a pretty body with an empty mind. Her gaze fell on the raven haired girl before she nodded. “She was just as I am. Falleni dancers go hand and hand with being a succubus.” She smiled proudly.

“Oh so you're part succubus,” Selena rolled her eyes. “That's why Char …” she paused. “You really go for strong women don't you? My mother, Regina, this one …”

Charon winced, burying himself deeper into the armchair, “I'm not due to teach tomorrow,” he said quickly as an attempt to change subject, and he looked at Kora. “If you are staying, I can show you the city.”

Koreena could feel the anger starting to simmer, her heart began to race. She closed her eyes for a moment. In, out, in- she had squeezed the tea cup so hard that it shattered in her grip. A gasp left her lips, “shit, I am sorry…” She quickly got up from the sofa, collecting the small shards in her hands that still trembled with frustration. She didn’t enjoy the way Selena’s tone implied such crass things about her character.

“It's fine,” Charon was leaning forwards, looking as though he was going to get to his feet when Kora had stood. He spoke in a calm, concerned voice. “Don't worry about it. Do you want a fresh cup of tea?”

Slowly she shook her head, she didn’t meet his gaze as he stared at his floor. Another deep breath her eyes flashed bright blue. With a still trembling hand she summoned the infinity water. She pictured the tea lifting from the floor and hovering in a sphere over her hand. “Can you please just show me where to dispose of this?” She nodded to the ball of water and the broken cup. Her hand clenched the sharp shards, her chest rose and fell in a steady pace.

He smiled pleasantly as he held out his hand, his remaining one taking the coffee. “I'll destroy it,” he said, pooling a small amount of black energy into his palm. It cracked quietly.

Koreena smiled it didn’t reach her eyes though, she blinked a few times as she let the water sphere swirl in her palm. She concentrated on the calming effect that had on her. It cleanses us, washes away things that have been tainted. I release you water, thank you. She thought, a calm washing over her as the water evaporated from her grasp.

“Thank you,” she said quietly to Charon.

He nodded as he set the coffee to the side, on the ground. Selena watched with quiet wonder as he held his hand out for the pieces, then once they were with the black energy pulsating in his palm, he set his other hand on top. There was a small crack of noise, and when he opened his palms there was nothing to be seen.

He smiled and leant back.

“If you could just give me a moment I need to freshen up..” Kora stood up dusting her hands off on her thighs. She nodded at Charon, a half attempt of a smile on her lips.