Koreena had devoured book after book, a few piles sat around her in Charon’s bed. She grinned as she closed the most recent book she had just read. This one was about a theory of civilization, when Thaynes walked among the humans. She sighed contently and though she didn’t want to allow herself she was getting comfortable here.

She glanced down at herself and groaned, she needed to get dressed in something more than a T-shirt and underwear. She slipped off the bed and searched for her bag she had packed. It laid still at the foot of the bed, she rummaged through it, mumbling to herself.

Smiling like a lune KC pulled out the silk dress her mother had given her. It’s deep rich, royal purple hue complimented her beautiful tea colored complexion. Stripping away her shirt she let it fall over top of her bag. With ease the soft fabric fell over her form. It rolled over her curvature breathtakingly. The bodice was decorated with shells that had been plucked from the hearth of Falleni.

She let her hands run over her dress, the skirt stopping just mid thigh. “I miss you,” she said softly hoping the spirit of her mother could hear her.

Exiting Charon’s room she was met with the sight of his daughter Selena. “Hello,” she gave a gentle wave. The raven haired girl looked up from what she was doing. “If you don’t mind…. I would love to accompany you to the court.”

Selena paused, her hands halfway through plaiting her hair into a long braid. Brow furrowed she stared at KC for some time before snorting. “You can't be serious. Char wouldn't let you go. He's explained what Morningstar is like, right?”

Koreena grinned shrugging her shoulders. “Ah but I am not Charon’s to command. I wanna get to know you and him better. What better way to do that then meet the asshole that drives you both crazy?”

“Well he's a lot better than Morté at least,” Selena shrugged. Then she narrowed her eyes again. “What has he told you about him?”

She named the things off, counting them on her fingers. “One, you are engaged, two he likes to be in control, three he likes to keep a tight leash with people in his court oh and he likes to kidnap your father.”

Selena paused, as she tied off the end of her plait, and then shrugged. “Pretty accurate. The engagement is a farce, though few people know that. It's part of an alliance between my father Morté, and Morningstar, and was a way to get me out of there safely. Or something.” She rolled back her shoulders and began to gather long hair pins from the sofa. “He likes to control as he's the embodiment of power … like Char is of destruction, and yeah he likes to kidnap Char. Keep him around for a few days in his dungeon, all that crap.”

She threw KC a charming smile as she began to wind the long plait into a bun, carefully arranging it around her long horns.

“So are you gonna let me tag along or am I gonna have to stow away in your carriage or however you get there?” Koreena grinned wiggling her eyebrows at Selena.

Selena looked honestly surprised. “You - you know he'll try to use you right? Get you on his side, to probably work for him or some shit. I don't know how he works but you are not smart if you go there willingly.”

“And I am coward if I try an avoid someone that is a big part of yours and Charon’s life.” She offered the girl a kind smile. “I will be able to take care of myself. If you and I are to travel together let’s make this a practice trip.”

Selena blinked, and then shrugged as she finished off pinning her horns. “Don't say I didn't warn you,” she answered. “And we get there by gemstone. Teleportation. Nobody is quite sure how to physically access the court - Char reckons it's in its own plane of reality.”

“Well let’s get this tele-party started.” KC giggled at her own lame joke, holding her hand out to Selena.

The half-primordial half-demon-death-deity smiled. Rolling her eyes she placed in the last hairpin before picking up a small beaded bag from the sofa. Swinging the long strap over her shoulder she reached for KC’s hand. “Don't mention the marriage is a farce, by the way, only a few know that. Also just don't be an idiot. You're really stupid for wanting to come already but …” she shrugged and reached into the bag. “Ready?”

Koreena frowned, “your words can be rude and cruel but no matter, off to this magic court to get yet another awkward meeting under my belt!”

“They're cruel, but true,” Selena said honestly.

And she gripped KC’s hand tighter before the muscles of her other hand flexed. There was a small burst of white light that emitted from the bag, then it was before their eyes, filling every part of their vision. Breath was sucked in, bodies went rigid as a feeling not unlike being in a bath as the water rises around you came and rose around them. Suddenly they were lifted away, wind rushed by their heads, fluttering in their hair. Their feet landed on something solid, grassy and bold, and the white light began to dim. As Selena managed her footing, she looked up to where they and gotten to - a large, marble white building, akin to a temple, set in an endless field of bright green grass.

Koreena’s legs wobbled trying to catch her foots. Strappy heeled sandals were not made for teleporting. Her dark locks streaked with white blew in the breeze, she quickly pulled her mane into a messy bun, a few tendrils falling down framing her face. “Stunning,” she breathed. Her dark gaze fell on the horned girl. “Lead the way.”

Selena looked at her once before nodding and taking her hand from the back. She straightened somewhat, rolling back her shoulders and lifting her chin. Her breathing began to accelerate, indicating stress, but still she kept her decorum. Cupping her hands before her she started into the court, going straight for the huge double doors set under the peaked roof. A bright light from the clear sky and sun shone down, and it obscured the vision of the interior for a moment, but as they walked the room before them became clear.

Huge and long, it seemed to take up the entire interior of the building. Several pairs of huge pillars made a wide avenue from where they stood to the end of the hall. Small brackets held lanterns for light, illuminating a few faces in the shadows beyond the pillars, but what they were clearly circumnavigating around was at the end of the room.

A semi-circular dais, perfectly round. On the wall behind it was a large heraldry banner with a golden snake curled upon an emerald field. Beneath this was a massive oak throne, decorated with real ivy, and within this throne sat a man. Tall, elegant, with chocolate brown hair spilling about his shoulders. His lips were a smirk, his eyes blazing with light, they lifted from the courtier who was currently before him - to stare right at Kora.

Koreena blinked a few times, her intense gaze never leaving the handsome man. She wasn’t naive enough to know he was powerful with just one glance. Morningstar, he sat proud in his throne, power just dripping off of him. Her breathing was slow, it wasn’t fear that gripped her heart like it did Selena’s. She dipped her head low, before rising it again, her gaze finding his own that bore into the newcomer of his court. “Hello,” her voice soft but bounced off the granite pillars.