“My full name is Koreena Lynn Cronen. Koreena means pure, Lynn for my aunt that was murdered.” She picked up her mug taking a drink. “When I was born my mother said my hair was almost white as snow, my dark complexion. I looked so pure so they named me Koreena.” She smiled as her eyes drank him in. He looked completely different when he wasn’t at his brother’s court. Here he was relaxed, smiled more.

Slowly he nodded, a smile coming to his lips. “I see. Pure, that suits you.” He drank back a swig of beer. “So. Another one for me?”

Koreena smiled, she thought for a moment. “I know this is a simple one but some of the simplest questions can help you know a person better.” She paused grinning, “favorite color and why!”

He almost laughed, face splitting with a wide smile. “Boring. I like grey. Mostly because it's somewhere between black and white, and I have never been entirely good nor wholly evil.” He nodded, “that was a good one. What's yours?”

“Sunset. I love watching the sunset, the colors blending beautifully. Pinks, purples, orange, reds and blues all melting together. I used to watch the sun set on a cliff in Falleni.” Her eyes almost daze as she was back there staring at it right now.

Leaning back he approved greatly, joy appearing in his eyes. “A lot more hope than I could ever have. You have a bright future, Kora. Now, one for me?” The mood, at least, seemed lighter now.

“Do you want to see me again?” She asked almost so innocently.

That made him go silent. Stunned, he stared at her, the happiness that had been in his eyes fading, to be replaced by utter shock. “In - in what manner are you speaking of? As friends or as lovers or … something else?” His words were tentative, full of tension.

Koreena smiled softly shaking her head, “always taking such a simple question and turning it complex. Whichever you please, will we leave here leaving it too the fates to bring us back together or will we seek one another out?”

He was still for some moments longer, staring at her with surprise. Eyes wide and knuckles white on the glass. “Kora … I. Well I'm the one staying in the same place so … it would be if you came back. I don't know where you might be. Aside from the letter idea, but they could take weeks to come and I may have to head off every so often, at times when I cannot control it. Thus, it may have to be up to the fates. Though I will be sending you a note when I know where might be safe to survive the …” he glanced around them, seeing the people around them. “The … you know what.”

“A complex answer for a complex man.” She sighed but still a soft smile graced her lips. “Your question for me?”

“Do you want to see me again?” he asked immediately.

“What do you mean, as lovers, friends or more?” She gasped placing a hand over her mouth, mocking as if she was shocked. A small giggle left her lips. “Of course I wish to see you, Charon. For some reason I feel drawn to you, I wish to explore whatever this - “ She motioned the area between the two. “Could be, friendship, lovers or more.”

What emitted from his mouth was not a laugh, not a cry either though. Instead it was an amused grunt, as he looked down, right into his beer. A small smile was on his face, yet note of sorrow was in his eye. “Then we see how it comes with time?” he murmured.

“Yes all in do time.” She took a drink of her beer, more like a gulp. “So your daughter, you should spend more time with her.” She said quickly changing the subject. “A daughter learns how a man should love a woman.” She smiled sadly into her beer.

“I've only known she was mine for a week,” he said, brows raised, “and she's been living with me, in my home.”

“But she is yours no matter the time length.” Koreena countered. Her index finger spun around the rim of her glass. Her eyes catching his as she raised a slender brow.

“Yes,” he nodded, looking anxious. “I know. But there are far other pressing matters …”

“Ah, don’t make an excuse, Charon.” She sounded like a mother reprimanding a child. “Make time for her and for yourself. Enjoy the small things, please.” She said the last bit softly as she stopped circling the rim of her cup.

He looked at her awkwardly, rubbing at his chin, “Kora …”

“Why do you sigh my name like that?” She tilted her head slightly.

“Because you say things that I cannot find arguments against, and that's rare for me. I'm good at excuses … In case you didn't realise.”

She laughed softly. Just then thunder cracked and the heavens opened up drowning the hearth in it’s tears. A grin came to her lips as she set down her beer. “Gift me with your first careless moment.” She took his hand tugging him to follow. She let it fall from her grasp as she ran from the pub into the pouring rain. The laughter mixed with the sound of the drops beating against the ground. She spun around in the street, beckoning for him to come out to her. “Char!” The silk dress now clinging to her like a second skin.

He shook his head and quickly drained his beer before she let go of his hand. Letting out a laugh he followed her, feeling the rain dance on their skin, flowing down their bodies and to the ground. Taking and then gripping her hand tightly he came to her side again as they let themselves be drenched.

Koreena turned so that she was facing him, she held his hand close to her chest. “Remember these times, you can be serious most of the times but when things get to crazy and stressful close your eyes. Remember this moment here right now. The way the cool rain feels against your skin, the way it feels to be near me, our skin touching.” Her breathing picked up as her chest rose and fell a little more quickly.

He breathed slow and long, though his heart danced. Smiling, he closed his eyes and let himself be free, sliding his arms around her shoulders, gently holding her to him. He hummed softly in her ear as the rain continued to fall from the sky; refreshing and joyful. Together they began to twist in circles, like a waltz unbidden.

Kora wrapped her arms tightly around him as they spun. The rain around them creating the music that they danced too. To onlookers they would simply look like two people crazy in love, they would never know that so much weighed heavily on both of them. In this moment they were just two people enjoying the rain, embraced with one another.