KC sat for a moment as she pushed a trembling hand through her locks. The world was ending? Or going to change completely. She chewed on her lower lip, unsure of what exactly to say. “Thank you for telling me, and please be careful.” She let her hand reach out as her thumb caressed his lower lip.

He looked a little surprised as she did but did not move. His breathing began to get faster, eyes focused on her. “I promise I will be careful,” he said quietly. “If you let me know when you move I'll keep in contact, and let you know when I successfully come up with plans to save people.”

A smile came to her lips that didn’t reach her dark gaze. She let her hand fall from his soft skin, “I move often avoiding encounters with certain people.” She paused her gaze falling to her hands then back up to her recent lover. “But I promise to send letters so we can stay in contact and I can have peace of mind knowing you are okay while off playing hero in the name of your brother.”

Charon rolled his eyes, and slumped a little, looking back forwards. “It's not that I do not want to save as many as possible, but he's so egotistical and narcissistic. So obsessed with power he decided that the Old Gods weren't doing a good enough job and he should be in charge. Bleh.”

He glanced back over his shoulder. “So. How long do you have to stay?”

Koreena placed a reassuring hand on his upper thigh. “A while but let’s not worry about that now.” She sighed laying back on the bed. Her hair spilling around her on the pillow as she stared up at the ceiling.

“Come lay down, my love. I assume we have a bit before your daughter wakes up and I wish to spend a little time gazing at you.” She smiled raising her head slightly to look at him.

He paused, looking back at her, head tilted to the side. A small smile came to his face, banishing the grump before he twisted around to her. Down he slumped to lay beside her, looking into her eyes.

She laughed softly as her hand brushed cross his brow that had creased so much lately. “If you weren’t immortal I would say that you should stop frowning so much or you are going to wrinkle that handsome face of yours.”

He smiled more, leaning on an elbow. “I'll try to not frown as much for you.” He used his other hand to loop back his hair from his face. “So you don't have elongated life?”

Koreena let her hand move from his brow to his cheek. “Yes I do, I’m not exactly sure how long but I assume pretty elongated seeming as my mother was one hundred and five when she passed but barely looked like she had seen twenty three winters.”

He turned his head to kiss her palm gently. “I see. That's good at least, if you want to live longer, that is, than the ordinary human.” He paused. “I've died a few times, but always come back to life.”

“Or you were just wondering if I lived longer because you don’t wanna lose me because I’m a pretty spectacular friend.” She smiled leaning in and kissing his forehead before she pulled back realizing what he had just said. “You died a few times?!”