Her tone held no emotion but that did not stop the tears that slipped down her face. “It would be easier for you if I went.” Her gaze never leaving the floor.

Her chest was heavy, she knew that Morningstar was indeed a control freak but she didn’t know that he had that much control over Charon. In her mind she felt he could have easily hollered earlier that he was fine, instead he went on with the charade. She almost pledge fealty to his egotistical brother and he would have said nothing.

“It depends on you, Kora. If you want to go, I will take you, but I will need to return here,” he spoke low, watching her. He let out a sigh. “You shouldn't have come on your own whim. If you had wanted to meet him then you should have waited for … something. Him to come to me, not appear in his land suddenly.” He reached out to touch her shoulder. “Do you want me to take you home?”

Koreena stepped from his touch. “Do not reprimand me like some child.” She wiped at her cheeks angrily. She cleared her throat before she took a deep breath. “Maybe someone else should everyone seems to think that you and Regina are a couple. I’d hate to be another unwanted mistress.” She took a shaky hand and collected her hair, suspending it up in a bun.

He looked confused at that, both her moving away and her words. Awkwardly he looked at Selena, who was pouting a little, then back at the demi-succubus. “Kora …” he said carefully, “we had this conversation. Look, I told you what Morningstar was like, I'm just surprised you would want to seek him out after what I said.”

She laughed a laugh that was not her own joyous melodic laugh. “I am not upset about Morningstar. I have met men like him - I have served men like him. I just can’t believe the coward you turned into. You let him let me think you were being severely hurt. I said things I would have never said had I know you were fine! I was willing to give my freedom away for him to let you go because that’s what friends do for one another. I told you I don’t do commitment and this is one of the reasons why. I care too much to commit to someone to hand that power but almost gave it to a crazy man like him to help you.” Her voice broke as a more tears fell. “I know it was my quick tongue and temper that got me to this place but you could have easily stopped it with some reassurance.”

Charon was standing there, arms folded, listening to her. His eyes were narrowed at hers, his breathing fast and unsteady. He opened his mouth to speak, then shut it again, huffing out before he shook his head and looked away to Selena. Her eyes dropped down. “You call me a coward - you spend the last five thousand years of your life playing to some other man's tune, and every time you resist other people are punished. It's not-” he shook his head and looked back to Kora. “Fine. Be mad at me. I didn't ask you to commit. We were in it for the sex, that's what we discussed, and friendship. I didn't ask you to come here, you didn't have to come if your idea was just to save me or some other idea. Morningstar and I … We have an arrangement, that I cannot go into. But I'm not a coward. I just know where power lies, I see it and work with it.”

She flinched as if he physically hit her. Her gaze was on the ground. “Who needs enemies with a friend like you? At least the sex was good. Go do your duties to your brother and thanks for the fun. I hope your plans with saving the world turn out but I think we should part ways. You and I are on two different realms, thank you for sharing your time with me.”

Charon looked at her with eyes full of disappointment. Slowly he blinked, then moved back, confused and uncertain as he listened to her words again and again in his head. “You … wanted this to be more? I thought that we agreed …” he looked honestly lost, “Kora, dating me is not smart. There's a hell of a lot more going on here than simply saving the world that you don't know about. My 'duties’ as you call them here, aren't that, they're agreements made with my brother that took days to negotiate. You're …” he shook his head, and then shrugged. “You know what. We do belong to different worlds. If you don't want to stay, then fine, I'll arrange for you to leave. But you - you could have been something. But clearly you don't even want to be friends.”

And he moved then, a severe look of discontent on his face. He shoved open the door again, calling out in a low, miserable tone. “Morn, she is going back home.”

Koreena sat for a moment before she glanced calling after him. “If I continue to be around you I will want more then what we were. I won’t allow myself to fall for someone that isn’t emotionally available.” She glanced at Selena wiping her cheeks. The young woman was awkwardly still by the pillar, watching with silence. “I may just be a demi succubi but if you ever need me they say if you wish to summon us whisper our name into the wind and we will come. Don’t let anyone eclipse your light. You are destined for great things.” She meant that honestly, the beauty had potential to be so much more. “And - take care of your father remind him there is good in this world. To allow his hair to be let down.” She whispered softly before kissing the girl’s cheek.