I found myself openly laughing a little, running a hand into her hair. Her expression, her shock made it seem she had never particularly experienced my form of immortality. The fact that I could lose my life, but I would come back. I was still liable to maladies of the flesh, and had as much endurance for suffering as the next man.

“Yes, I die like everyone else, the breath comes out of me, then six hours later, I will return. Like all my siblings. We can die for real, I know, but that requires utterly destroying our form beyond comprehension …” I broke off, lifting my hand to run it through her hair, tangling them into her curls.

“What sort of immortality have you seen?”

Koreena leaned into my touch, smiling at the sound of my laughter. “I haven’t seen much honestly. I have never even left Falleni until Leila passed and my brother, Thayden convinced me we should go tell our father in person. I haven’t even seen half of what this world could offer me yet.” She sighed closing her eyes for a moment enjoying my hand in her hair.

I had never seen much of Fallien myself, and so I found her gently tea-toned skin alluring and rare. Of course I did have some siblings who had darker skin than I, but no-one that had the culture of the Fallieni behind it. Her dancing, her touch, her exotic mannerisms were all part of what made her so attractive.

“You are young, and still have much time to travel,” I said.

“If I can stay out of my father or brother’s grasp I will travel, take in all the riches this planet can offer me.” She sighed softly. “Maybe when you are done being a superhero,” she giggled softly. “You and even your daughter can join me.” Her gaze held such hope as she looked at me.

“You're in their ‘grasp’?” I raised my eyebrow. That did not sound pleasant … though also very familiar. After all, I was in Morningstar's. “Hmm. I mean, I do know one person who you could gain more freedom with, but he's also a dickhead.” I shrugged, say up a little more. “Maybe we can travel one day together.”

“I tend to cause trouble and my father has caught wind of all the mess I’ve left in their wake.” She leaned forward slowly. Her lips captured mine for a moment before she pulled away. “Who is this dickhead that you speak of?” She raised her eyebrow, slightly tilting her head. “And I hope that day comes.”

“Oh my brother,” I waved a hand. “He got me this apartment, the job … but made me give up my last in Alerar. We have a complicated relationship. He is immensely influential, both in terms of divine society and the material plane - this one.” I smiled slightly as I lowered my hand back down to curling through her hair. “Do you want to be free of them completely?” If she did, I knew Morningstar would be able to assist - though at a price, of course.

Her smile softened as she took my hand in hers. She brought it to her lips and kissed each of my knuckles. “You have enough to worry about, your daughter, your brother and saving this world. Please don’t worry about me. I’m excellent at disappearing.” She gave my hand a squeeze.

“I'm an excellent multitasker, though,” I grinned at her, eyebrows flexing a little. And suddenly my sarcasm had returned. I didn't react, but simply let it be. I looked at her for a moment before her plush lips called me. I began to lean in.

Koreena grinned wickedly as she met her lips with my own. Her hands tangled in my hair, a small whimper leaving the temptress. My hand slid down to her waist, where I touched and lightly embraced her. Eagerly I leant in and-

“Char …”

I froze, my lips perfectly aligned with Kora’s. The voice was wary, full of caution, and concern. It was also light, a little melodic and not like Kora’s at all - I should know as I had been listening to it for nearly twelve hours. Someone else, someone different, and coming from over my shoulder, so away from the woman I was currently kissing.

Sharply I pulled away from Kora, twisting my head around. Thanks the angels of Rahl I was dressed, for, to my utter horror, I saw a beauty with long black hair, startlingly red eyes, pale horns - Selena - standing in the doorway, her thin nightgown matched with a blanket pulled around her. Her lips were trembling and her eyes wide.

“Ah …” I murmured, sitting up further and hurried turning around. “Hello …”

“Hi …” she whispered back.