Selena gazed at her a while, her own lips a tight line. Her chest heaved up and down as she gathered her wits to finally speak. “Char is a good man,” she mumbled, “he just misunderstood what you wanted from the … sleeping. I think. You don't need to go.”

“It’s time for me to travel, to see the world I have been denied.” She smiled sadly. “He is an amazing man, he didn’t misunderstand I just didn’t think I was going to like him and you as much as I did. I never thought I would want to be apart of someone else’s life - it’s time for me to go.”

Selena’s eyes were filled with disappointment, and sorrow. Her hands came to her chest and fumbled a little as she spoke quietly. “You - you like him? Then why did you not tell him that instead of shouting at him and making him feel guilty? You could make him happy.”

Koreena’s lips fell into a deep frown. “I am not what he needs right now. Maybe sometime in the future if the Mother Goddess permits it.” She sniffled as she took the girl’s hands in her own. Her thumbs stroking her soft flesh reassuringly. “Will you promise me that you will take care of him? Remind him there is more to life then agreements and pleasing others. Will you?”

“From what I gather all he wants to do is save the world,” Selena mumbled, looking down at their clasped hands. “But he'll be fine. He doesn't need me to look after him, he can do that himself.” She breathed out and then focused on Kora. “Be careful yourself, okay? Remember, the people here aren't the worst. Morningstar is a saint compared to others.”

Koreena smiled softly as she nodded. “I will.” She started to turn letting the raven haired beauty’s hands slip from her grasp. She took a few steps before turning back. “He will need you, Selena.”

“He needs himself,” she cupped her hands together, lifting her head a little and gazing back at Kora. “See you later, I'm sure.”

The door before Kora was still closed mostly, and there were low voices coming from within. One was thick with sarcasm, and the other was taunting, then unamused.

KC waited a moment, taking a deep breath she rolled her shoulders, straightened her delicate spine and knocked three times. “I am ready to leave this place.” She called behind the door.

When we heard it, silence fell between us. Our arguing seemed to cease, before a single, low comment was made, something rude by Morningstar that Kora did not hear, then there was a light female laugh. The door was yanked open, revealing Nyx who smiled fondly back at Kora. “Hello, dear. They're discussing who should take you back. Who would you like?”

Kora looked shocked for a moment. “I - I just assumed I would be sent on my own to collect my bag at Charon’s home and start my traveling..”

“You did?” Nyx’s brows rose. “Oh, well that's … interesting. One moment,” she shut the door halfway and her shadow moved as she elegantly strode across the room. The broad round table with its many chairs was visible, alongside the edge of the map and Morningstar and myself shouting at each other. “Hey, my lord, Char, please. We need to …” she fell quiet as she pulled us into a close discussion, myself looking sour, Morningstar more intrigued now. She spoke of how Kora was ready to go, but that our conversation we were currently having was still too important.

KC watched the two men closely, she could never understand the relationship they had but then again she herself was fleeing from her own brother and father. “Is something wrong with my assumption?” She asked gently.

“Oh no, dear,” Nyx looked over at her, smiling, as Morningstar and I continued to quietly debate. I made several gestures to the map, and Morningstar was looking at me as if I were mad. To Kora it would have seemed confusing, despite the fact I was explaining that we could not be sure where the apocalypse comet would strike. Nyx curled her long hair behind her ear before pausing, and taking in a breath before I gave up. I grabbed the quartz lying on the table that had been sitting there since our argument began.

“I'll take her,” I growled, as I left the two of them and started towards Kora. After all, I was not going to let Morningstar take her - that I was determined, despite his decent argument of me being too close to her. Nyx had not been fully engaged in the conversation to offer an opinion as yet. My eyes were dark and my hands were tight fist as I strode.

She flinched at the sight of my tension, her brows furrowed as her plush lips frowned. She sighed waiting until I was closer to speak to me. “You should breathe before you give yourself a heart attack…” Koreena tried to lighten the sour mood she had helped to put me in, in the first place. Confusion swirled in her mind, he wanted friendship but acted like if her leaving was a betrayal.

“I'm fine,” I said stiffly, “but you can't go alone because your things are in my apartment and you don't have the keys.” I growled the last, huffing. I strode quickly out of the room, into the main hall, longing nothing more than to get this over and done with now. “Do you have everything you came here with?”

Koreena smiled brightly, one that didn’t reach her eyes. “Everything but my dignity.”

I let out a hollow laugh. “I lost mine a long time ago, so you're not alone there.” I pulled the door closed behind us, then looked around, seeing Selena. She paused for a moment before peeling herself away from the pillar and quietly beginning to walk away. I would talk to her later. I grunted, then held out a fist. “You need to … touch me. Just a finger is fine.”