I danced with her, like there was no end to the world. Like we could spin forever and there would be no consequences. In that moment the apocalypse did not matter, my duties and needs did not matter. It was just the young demi-succubus and I, a pair of misfits in an ugly world, who had been brought together by violence, separated by violence and now were once more on good terms beneath the open sky.

Delighted, and filled with wonder I laughed, as she both seduced me and amused me with her body, perfect for dancing and swaying to the rhythm of the droplets of water. We were but a pair of fools, but fools can make a world of difference. My eyes opened to gaze at her as we twirled, swirled and curled our bodies. In the heat of the moment, beneath that darkening, dusky sky I bent down towards her and matched my lips with hers - willingly, knowing what she felt, knowing what might never be.

As if it were something familiar to her, my lips against hers, she responded quickly. Her lips melted into my own. The rain had stopped bathing us as she had held the droplets suspended around us. The small beads of water shined like an expensive chandelier. Her hands tangled themselves into my hair. My eyes only briefly glanced at the frozen water as I became lost in the romance of the piece. We were a pair, two though that almost required to be as one in that time. My hand pressed her to me, clutching at the small of her back as I slipped my tongue between her lips.

Her body responded to me with ease, she pressed herself against me. A moan slipped from her mouth and into mine. She let me explore her mouth until her tongue tangled itself with my own. Both massaging one another as we clung to each other as if our lives depended on it.

And it was joyful. It was pleasing. Regina was but a dim memory in that moment, for this young woman was my attention, my life, my lover. Feelings … I did not know if I had them for her, but certainly my body longed for her to be close - close to me. With me. Around me. I had her in my arms and I didn't want to let her go. I broke off the kiss and simply held her to me.

But good things can never last forever. My eyes, as they wandered from hers out into the land of frozen raindrops and a fistful of stunned onlookers, caught sight of the movement. A young-looking woman, eyes bright and beady, with golden hair and curling horns, staring at us from across the street. Hemera, my sister and Nyx’s twin. I blinked as I looked for her, knowing very much who she was out looking for, and I paused, hating that this world was coming crashing in.

I hugged Kora to me. “Don't freak now,” I whispered, “but my sister is here. One of them, anyway.” I kept our twirl going, as my lips curled into a grin. “I've got an idea, but you need to be up for it.”

She clung to me now, the droplets wavered in their suspended state. She allowed me to continue to twirl her around. “I am up for anything, Charon.” Her lips grazed against my earlobe as she spoke.

My grin grew, watching my sister as she remained there, head tilted, and gently gazing. She was a kind soul, only wanting the best for us all, but for now, all I wanted to do was be with Kora. So I kept us twirling for some more moments, as my hands slid down her body to grasp her hand. “Just try to keep up,” I whispered, “and …” I pressed my heels into the earth, halting us.

“Run!” Suddenly I moved, my boots splashing in the rain. In a woosh of motion I was then racing, tugging her with me as from my voice rose a bright laugh.

Kora’s own laughter spilled from her still swollen lips from the passionate kiss we had just shared. She pumped her legs, her heels digging into the soft ground. Just the she released the rain from her magic. The droplets spilling down against the hearth in a downpour. Delight shining bright in both of our eyes.

“Char!” I heard Hemera’s bright voice behind us. I pounded my muscles, pulling us away from her. Grinning like a fool, like the fool I currently was, I guided Kora around a corner, where I went into a full out sprint. I didn't mention that this could only last so long, because we both knew it already. But endorphins and excitement - that was enough for now.

Koreena’s long legs pumped, she kept up with my speed fairly well, falling behind only a bit. The look on her face was of pure joy, she looked carefree and wet. We rounded another corner into an alleyway where I stopped suddenly looping my arm around her curvy waste. Both of our breathing was labored, like two youths we laughed softly. The sound of the rain beating against the world drowning out anything else. Her hand snaked its way to my cheek.

“Come back to me when you can,” she whispered, the happiness that was on her face fading away.

My lips curled into a smile, as I pressed her back against the wall, gently sliding a hand along her jaw to cup it back. My eyes were filled with pure joy. “If you want me to, I will,” I whispered.

“I want nothing more then to be back here in your arms. Time may pass between us but come back when you are able so we may share more moments like this.” She breathed, her warm breath fanning my face.

I took in a long breath, taking in her sight, her smell and her sound. Then, I cut off her words as I pressed my lips once more to hers and our kiss became true once more. Her plush lips wrapped around mine, melting into each other as one. Her fingers ran down my check to the nape of my neck. Her hand curled around as she pulled me closer. “Charon,” she moaned into my mouth.

“Hello,” I murmured back, curling my fingers into her hair, closing my eyes and forgetting all else. The rain, the town, the footsteps quietly approaching.

All but her.

“When you are done …” a quiet, familiar voice said.

Koreena stiffened under my touch. “Don’t forget me.” She whispered softly, almost desperately.

“I don't forget easily,” I murmured back, staring into her eyes, smiling gently.

I could see tears mixed with raindrops started to streak down her face. “Go, go save the world..” Her voice crack, and though she said to leave she didn’t release me.

Save the world? That was something I hoped for. Lightly, I laughed as I kissed her once in the head, then drew away. My eyes looked right, and I saw Morningstar himself there, three metres away and leaning against the wall, watching us. His eyes were dull, his skin crawling with crimson, and his hands cupped behind him. As our eyes met he raised an eyebrow, then he glanced at Kora.

“Can I have him back yet?”

Koreena twisted her head, her gaze falling on my brother. She glared at him, “if you must..” She turned back to me, her lips quickly claiming mine, an innocent kiss before she pulled back. “I’ll see you in due time.” She whispered.

“Unfortunately, I must,” he nodded as he pushed away from the wall, shoulders rolling back. He smiled at her in his eerily genuine pleasant way, but that which spoke of other conditions. Lifting a hand he gestured to me, pointing down the end of the alleyway. “Come, Charon.”

“I'll see you soon,” I muttered, as I kissed her back quick. Then, for a final time, I pulled away, knowing where my destiny lay. I gave her a final nod, before I twisted on my heel and began to head towards the man I had once hated with every fibre of my being. As I came close my brother's smile grew more genuine, and he stepped towards me, a hand settling on my shoulder.

“Take care of him, Morningstar!” I heard Koreena holler after me. A somber look that didn’t belong on her stunning face.

I gave her a fond wave over my shoulder as Morningstar let out a light laugh of amusement at her words. Then his grip at my shoulder tightened, there was a flash of light and we were away from the rain.

Second Part of Koreena and Charon ~fin~