Before me and behind me was nothing.

It was a black, endless expanse that was a void, lost within a black hole, trapped within a vacuum. And I was there, I could see all. The nothing. The great, undying plains of death and decay that spoke only silence and shone no light.

As soon as I entered, I knew what this was. It reminded me of a single other moment in time - my birth, when I had stepped fully formed from the roiling mass that is called Khaos. Then, it had been a place and time before time existed, when only gods ruled the world of Althanas and beings like me, called primordials from the period of pre-history that we are from, were born to serve them. Back then Khaos had meant something, and had had at least a semblance of matter and antimatter, yet no order to how that matter was placed together. Thus, it had been unsorted. It had been tumultuous. It had been beyond nothing, beyond something, because it was everything.

However, this was different. Now, I stood in pure nothingness, lost on a sea of annihilation with nihilistic philosophy clouding my brain. I was, as they say, at the end of time and place itself, when nothing is and nothing was, and all there is is a future uncertain.

If there is a future at all.

I was at the end of the universe, stolen away from my reality by this presumptuous god-like being who thought it would be good for me.

What? Good for me to see how it all ended?

Endings are always good, the voice within my head whispered. Her, Destruction, as she liked to call herself. My symbiotic entity who could not survive without my body as host, who loved and hated me.

Endings are always sorrowful, I whispered, as I looked around the emptiness.

You said you always wanted to come here, she said softly.

And I had, indeed I had always been curious. In my dreams I had always tried to imagine what this would be like. The end of everything. Of time, space and place itself. I had not thought it would be so ... nothing.

No hope, no sound. Just that voice in my head.

Even the god-like being who had snatched me from my bed in order to show me this place had gone, leaving me here just to stare.

A being who had been ... well all I had seen was a fist. A flash of dark features. A feminine laugh. A ... hang on a second ...

You brought us here? I hissed at Destruction, turning as if I expected to see her. Indeed, my eyes had been closed at the time, now I remembered it. I had been just in my bed, when I thought I had seen the fist and those dark, dark eyes. Those eyes I saw every day in my mirror. My eyes. Her eyes.

Darling ... she softly said.

A vision. A dream. Or a transport through reality and time, I did not know what this was. But Destruction had somehow brought me here because I said I had been curious about it. A time when everything had been eaten by her namesake, when it had taken all with it in Order's mission to sort everything. And in doing so, all had ended.

Can you take us back? I asked, dragging in a breath, my eyes hurt by the lack of depth, of colour, of sound and light.

Destruction sighed. Then she hummed an affirmative reply. I was pulled back to my bed, away from the end of all things and back towards my time now.

I did not know how she had done it, and I did not care to ask. All I knew was the experience.