It was a fine, elegant hall, filled with colour, pattern and vibrancy. Swathes of material draped endlessly from walls and ceilings, making one feel as if they had been engulfed by a rainbow. Barely could the pale cream walls be seen for all the fabric, aside from where they bordered the tall windows directly. The room was made of two levels - one the hall and the next a balcony that ran the entire length of all four sides, accessible only by a blue-draped set of narrow steps.

There were some people already here, milling in their fine Fallieni clothing that showed off as much flesh as Selena would dare to. They were as bright and varying in colour as the decoration on the walls, and some had piercings all over their bodies. Gold and shining jewels made excellent jewelry, so much so to the extent that Selena felt dull in her silver circlet, that was nestled on her brow just below the stem of her horns, and woven nearly into her thick, black hair. Her clothing also was dark - the deep green of her fake husband's house, that was more Corone fashion than anything. Yes, it showed flesh at her midriff, and had the short cropped top and straight-lined skirt but the materials were not as lithe and 'swooshy’ as the Fallieni. It was just not quite the same and she felt quite out of place, despite her position.

“Eh Lady Selena Star, Princess of Rahl,” a loud voice announced.

Selena jumped, looking over to the announcer beside the doorway where she was, peering into the hall. Hurrying back over to her from him was Selena's newly appointed maid, Rashiel, niece of Sir Fellden who sat on Morningstar's small council, alongside Charon.

“Madam,” she curtseyed as all eyes turned to look at Selena. The princess pursed her lips a little and awkwardly remained where she stood.

“All I want to do is find Kora,” she muttered.

Rashiel nodded a little, looking out to the people. “Yes madam, but maybe we should get into the party first.”

They were still standing in the door, that was true. Until Selena moved she would be the centre of attention. And that was not something she wanted to be tonight. After all she had requested that Morningstar gain her an invite to this prince Asaph’s celebrations simply so she could infiltrate it and possibly rescue Kora. If the dancer needed saving.

They moved to the side of the room, where, darkened by the kindness of a balcony overhead, a long table filled with drinks stood. Selena saw the punch and aimed for it.

“I need you to go and find out where they are keeping her,” she said quietly to her maid, as she began to ladle, but kept her eyes peeled and glancing around. Apparently now someone grander had come in and so most eyes were on them, thankfully.

“My lady …” Rashiel began to murmur.

“Just go,” Selena waved a hand. “I'll be fine. Honest.”

Rashiel looked nervous, but her lady had given her a direct request. Thus, she cursteyled. “I will see what I can fine, madam,” she said.

Then she was gone, merging into the growing crowd. Selena leant against the curtained wall and began to drink punch.