I sat on my bed, leaning back against the headboard, a book on my lap. Slowly I breathed, reading the words one by one, locked in here for now, powerless because of the binding enchantments on the locks and the room. Morningstar had been adding more as time went on, eager to keep up with the incredible amount to which my own power was increasing. A worry and a curiosity - I had to admit I understood his concern with me gaining out of control. Though I had more faith in myself than he did, me being in here was not new, nor was it likely to get old. At least I was not uncomfortable.

“Barbarian,” she cooed.

I looked up, and saw Regina in the window, smiling at me. She held up her hand, and I saw the keys in them. Slightly, I smiled.

“I'm coming in,” she said, “sit tight.”

“As always,” I said, folding the book closed.

I waited as she unlocked the door, and the enchantments filtered off one by one. I felt their effect immediately on me, as a vague easiness came over. But they would be brief. Still I sat as she walked in, then handed the keys back to a loitering Fallon. As Regina smiled slightly at me and came to sit at the end of the bed the orc closed the door. Then, as fast as his practised fingers could, he placed on the three locks and each layer of pressure returned.

She paused, before she began. “She's fine. She's resting, and healer McKay is going to look at her once she wakes up.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Thank you, Regina,” I said quietly. “I know it could not have been easy for you.”

Taking a moment she pursed her lips, blinking at me with those deep olive eyes. Slowly she breathed. “Barbarian … you said you wanted to continue what we have. So long as Kora is willing, I will hold still a piece of your heart, and allow her a share.”

After our long conversation of before, it was all I wanted. Smiling, I leant forwards and touched her hand. “If you are willing.”

“So long as you keep to your word and get neither of us pregnant, I do not see any issue. Of course she is not the sort of person I would usually be friends with-”

“Well, I'm not the ideal lover, am I?”

She laughed a little, “yes, hence you being here, dear rogue. But I will commit to not thinking truly ill of her, and try to be civil towards her. For yours and Kora’s sake.”

Despite her first few words I felt a satisfaction come into me. I truly did have feelings for both Regina and Kora. Polyamory, untraditional, undecided, call it what you will, but I had been raised in a world where affairs were rife. My own brother had six women in his harem whom he claimed to adore all equally. And they were willing to share him - the being they both slept with and worshipped. My fingers slowly linked with Regina and a soft sigh came from her lips as she let me. Gently she moved closer, picking up my hand and draping it across her shoulders.

“I'll always be the first, though,” she kissed my cheek.

“First in only that you met me before she did,” I said, my brow raised.

“Mmm, and first in being right at where your loyalties really should lie.” She leaned into me, a sigh coming from your lips. “If only you did want to serve him.”

“And there, dear Regina, we will always be at an impasse,” I leant back against the wall, taking her with me. She snuggled into my side, which was the most she was going to get. She seemed to understand that I could not have sex whilst Kora was so battered.

“Now,” I said, “tell me what I've missed since I was here last.”