Fallon had made the trip with ease as the rounded many corners. Having caught up with Regina shortly after they had gotten off the stairs. Koreena knew what she had offered up in exchanged for Charon’s freedom would not only upset him but Selena, maybe Morningstar wouldn’t tell them? Maybe it could be hers and the Lord’s own personal secret.

Regina pushed open a door that was at the end of a long hallway, tucked away from the centre of the court. The room simple, nothing luxurious but then again Kora didn’t need fine things. Slowly the large orc set her on her own two feet. His hand stayed securely around her waist to assure that she was steady enough. “Thank you Fallon for your help, I appreciate it.”

The large orc bowed his head for a moment, “you are most welcome, miss.” He gave her a smile filled with his two large tusks.

She watched as Fallon left, slowly turning to Regina, she stood there for a moment. KC pursed her lips as she wasn’t sure why the human maid was still standing there. “Thanks for your - help... “ The demi succubus mumbled.

Regina paused, looking to Fallon for a moment, who was pausing in the doorway, before she sighed, folding her arms over her chest. “Fallon, you should go back to your duties. I can take it from here.” She looked to Kora. “How do you like your bath? Warm? Hot? Bubbles? Rose petals?!”

KC flinched at her almost hostile demeanor, she shook her head. “Please, you don’t need to help me.. I rather not do this right now with you.. I am exhausted and I don’t wish to do whatever this is..” She slowly pushed her hand between the two females.

“Lord Morningstar said to take care of you. It's my job here. Running baths, doing the laundry, working in the kitchen. You can't exactly stand, let alone prepare a bath for yourself. I'll … find you clothing too,” she paused before unfolding her arms and strode over to a cabinet. “What do you wear? What size are you?”

Koreena walked over to the mirror that hung in the bathing room that was adjoined to the bedroom. She discarded Regina as she slowly let her hands lift Charon’s tunic off of her. She grimaced at the stiffness of her back. Her heart beat against her breast bone as she was almost scared to see what her back look like. She breathed in and out as she allowed her eyes to look at her back.

A strangled sob came from her now quivering lips. Large gnarled scabs were on her back, the once open wounds were now closed. The sight almost too gruesome to look at as she raised a trembling hand to her lips. Fresh tears sprung to life as the once beautiful soft skin was now marred. KC was certain at least a few would leave scars, the skin around the scabbing was discolored, blue, black and purple. Should she have just went with the collector? He would have surely raped her more than once, pimped her out to his other royal friends and than killed her once he was finished. He had forever left his mark on her.

“Oh Mother Goddess…” She breathed out.

“Holy sanctimonious serpents!” gasped a voice from behind her. Regina was there, with a fresh, plain cotton dress draped over an arm.

Kora glanced at the look on the maid’s face. “Who knew poisonous leech whips were a thing.” She tried to joked through tears, clearing her throat.

“Okay, okay,” Regina said quickly, placing the dress quickly over a towel rail. “We uh, we need to bathe you and then I'll - I'll get the healer. She'll be able to dress them. If the pain gets worse, then let me know and Lord Morningstar can always heal it a little more, although he's always been a fan of letting the body do as much work on its own as it can …” she began to fluster, running over to the huge bathtub against the wall. Grabbing a tap she turned it and there was a splutter before steamy water began to run.

“Thank you Regina,” she said sincerely. KC had always been comfortable in her own skin but right now she didn’t feel like herself. Walking over to the tub that was quickly filling with hot water. She slipped one foot in the tub hissing slightly before letting her entire body submerge into the water. The water wrapped around her back, defying gravity it ran up her back washing the wounds. Her hands gripped the edge of the tub as she gasped with pain.

“Be careful!” Regina hissed, catching her under an arm gently. Quickly, she turned off the tap, and moved fully around to support her. There was an anxious look on her face. “Honestly, you're just as stubborn as barbarian. No wonder you two are so matched!”

Kora laughed dryly as she patted Regina’s hand that supported her. “Calm yourself or you will get wrinkles,” she said almost threw clenched teeth. The pain started to ease as the water worked it magic. Even her raw wrist stopped stinging as she let the water rinse her wounds thoroughly.

Regina aided her as much as she could, grabbing a face cloth and beginning to, gently but firmly, bathe the wounds at Kora’s back. “The man who did this to you?” she asked, “where is he now?”

Koreena grinned and bared it as she washed her tattered form thoroughly. “I manipulated the water in his blood to freeze him where he was and Selena slashed his throat,” she grasped as she worked her way down her back.

“Good,” Regina said in a strong voice, as she continued her cleaning.

After the bathing was over Koreena slowly stood, the pain in her back had not subdued completely but it had eased slightly. She accepted the towel Regina had offered her before she walked towards the bed. Now that her body was relaxed the exhaustion completely was consuming her. Pulling back the duvet she climbed in towel and all. With the warm blankets nestled around her she closed her eyes. Unconsciousness overcoming her. “I really do care for him and Selena,” she mumbled before falling into the deep abyss of sleep.

There was a quiet whisper for a reply. “I know. I care for him too.”