There I stood, awkward and frozen, my lips parted as I stared at the sight before me.

My two lovers, the two women I had feelings for, standing there for the first time meeting. Kora was up, and conscious - that was good at least - but she was trying to walk which her pale complexion and shaky legs really did not seem enthusiastic about. Regina was currently trying to pull her back to the bed it seemed.

I let out a slow, uneasy breath, wincing internally. At the same time my brother swept around the doorway, having been with me the entire journey. He paused as I did, setting a hand on my shoulder mainly out of habit.

“I don’t think of him as a toy you twit -“ Koreena fell silent as she realized why Regina had stopped arguing. She tried to offer me and Morningstar a smile but she looked entirely exhausted. Her tea color complexion pale and sickly looking, pain still clouded her dark gaze. “Charon,” she breathed my name.

“Kora,” I murmured, and I paused before looking at the woman who supported her. “Regina …”

It seemed that they had now met. Not something I had planned, but more than likely the being at my shoulder. Awkwardness filled the room as my eyes looked back to Kora. “You should sit down,” I said.

“Exactly what I said!” Regina cried.

Koreena rolled her eyes at me and that of my other lovers response. “I am fine… just sore,” she murmured. Her gaze fell to Morningstar, she chewed on her lower lip before sighing. “Thank you Lord Morningstar for gifting me with my life.” She turned to me, a sad look in her eyes, “Thank you for bringing me here..”

I smiled warmly, glad at least she was better. Regina's lips were pursed, her body still supporting Kora’s partially. We were talking, now, but still not moving. The pressure at my shoulder increased slightly, and I looked around, seeing my brother gently push me partly into the room so that he himself could be seen better. My room indeed was spacious, but with four of us potentially in it would not be.

“Your gratitude is accepted, young Koreena,” he said quietly, voice passive. “But you are not fully recovered. If you truly are grateful for my work then you should sit down … somewhere more comfortable can be arranged.”

Meaning not my cell. I kept my eyes flickering from one lover to the other.

Kora slowly nodded her head, her face twisted with discomfort by the movement. “If you don’t mind Lord Morningstar I would really like to bathe and then lay down…”

He paused a moment, his eyes running up and over her. His arms folded. “I have laws here. Those of no slavery, rape or murder should go unsaid, but whilst here you will respect every member of my staff. You will also not use your magic unless the need is essential to your survival. Yes?”

This time Kora didn’t argue she looked defeated, finally shrugging off Regina she stood there, if that’s what you called her hunched over position, standing. “I understand..” she said softly, her gaze falling to the floor.

Slightly, I smiled, knowing that in this Morningstar was being generous in allowing her to stay. My brother paused, then breathed in before he gestured. “Regina, show her to the guest rooms on the staff floor. Take care of her. The one with the ensuite … it should be available.”

Regina nodded quickly, before curtseying. She reached to support Kora again, offering an arm. “It's got stairs …” the Demi succubi looked up from the floor, her eyes meeting Morningstar’s dark gaze before looking at my other lover. “Then we should get going..” she murmured softly. She took a few steps, her plush lip sucked in as she bit down.

“Kora,” I said softly, seeing the pain that she was trying to hide. “Please let Regina help you.”

“That or Fallon will,” Morningstar grinned. At that moment a large orc leaned his way into view, having been there all the time. He gave a grunt and waved.

Koreena glanced at me before the large orc. “If you don’t mind I would like to keep what pride and dignity I have left.” She looked at Regina, “pleasure meeting you..” She mumbled before taking another painful step. “Lead the way Fallon…”

“No, my dear, Regina will show you,” Morningstar flustered a hand. “Or both if you insist.” He looked from one to the other. “Carry her if she looks as if she going to collapse. Even if she resists.”

Regina paused, looking slightly as though her feathers had been ruffled. But she inclined her head before heading out of the door. Fallon grunted, before giving Koreena a tuskful smile and gesturing with his fist down the long blustery corridor to the view of the stairs that began at the end of them. Quietly, I remained where I was, folding my arms and leaning against the desk.