“Why don’t you take a seat,” Hayate said gesturing to one of the chairs at his desk with his left hand while he unfastened his cloak with his right. Shaking it off before kicking it lazily into the corner of his office and walking over to a small cabinet beside Felicy. After a moment the general pulled out a bottle of some brown liquor and two small drinking glasses, setting them on his desk as he plopped in his red hand me down chair. “I hope you’ll oblige me with a drink.”

Hayate poured two generous glasses of liquor, taking one for himself and gently pushing the other across to Felicity. Without so much as a wince or pucker the shinobi took a large swig of the stuff, well more than a man rightly should at once, and carelessly chucked the empty glass over his shoulder. It shattered against the grey walls as Hayate slammed his hand on his desk jostling paperwork about.

“I guess I’ve earned it,” he said referring to his new rank and office, gesturing wildly to his new digs. “The only place on this whole god forsaken continent I get to feel like I’m not a criminal.”

A darkness washed over his entire being as the reality of his situation set in. He hated his life, he didn’t know how to handle it, and since Yamato went dormant his fragile grip on reality had been on the verge of collapsing. Even now he was hallucinating, just beyond Felicity he could see a figure. A faceless childlike grey apparition peering in through the cracked door to his office. The liquor helped but it was never enough.

“So what brought you to join us?” He said bringing his full attention back to the fair skinned lass in front of him. “The Brotherhood I mean. A bit late, don't you think? We just lost the war for the Capital, and by the looks of things lost more men than I can count. If it wasn’t for Lord Osiris and my vows to him as my teacher I doubt I’d stick around to see where this ragtag army goes next.”