GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Ice.

She saw ice.

The air was chilled and bitter. Frost spewed from its mouth.

Ice.

Ice.

Ice.

Icebreaker...

Felicity's breathing hastened as her heart rate increased rapidly. The world seemed to fade into a blurred distance as the ice taunted her, standing in front of her like an unbreakable fortress.

"That power of yours..." Shinsou’s voice echoed from beyond. With wide, frightened eyes Felicity barely locked onto him. She barely heard him from far away.

"We need it, kid."

Felicity glanced back at the monster in front of her. The ice breathing dragon that horrified her with its mere existence. She was unaware that she was stepping backwards, her head shaking no as her pale skin broke out in a sweat. "No, no no..." She saw the same face over and over again. The same murderer, the same woman hell bent on ridding the world of all evil but her own. Icebreaker. Ice. Ice. Ice.

Her thoughts were hijacked by her traumas, returning to beat her down. She knew Shinsou needed her, but all she could think of was someone else, someone in the past. Tears streamed down her cheeks as her lips parted, echoing. "Ayleth... Ayleth, no..."

Her magic affinity picked up on the flaring of magic. This dragon was aiming another shot. Behind the ice, the dragon chilled the air further as it lifted a large front leg and stepped atop the wall of frozen water. Claws gripped it as it pulled itself up, glaring past the feeble party and towards the gate. It's jaws parted.

From behind Felicity, most of the soldiers fled. One man stood, watching Shinsou crumple and Felicity panic. As Felicity hyperventilated, the man dropped his bow as she shouted. "Lord Osiris gave you an order, kid! Go on!"

The air grew frosty and bitter. Temperatures dropped lower than they already had as the mouth of the beat glowed.

"Kid!" The man shouted, "Whatever you can do, do it now!"

Felicity's arms fell limp as she glanced up at the dragon. She was ready for another beating. Ready to be hit again, told she was worthless. "I'm sorry..." Felicity's voice echoed, haunted and somewhere else, "Stop... please..."

"It's gonna kill us!"

A distant cry was heard from the gate. A younger voice. Terror, fear of death. Once again, Felicity was reminded of the task at hand. She remembered, from a deep crevice of sane memory, a time when she was frozen like this, just to bleed.

Her hand twitched.

As the dragon was ready to spew a second beating, a single bolt from the siege weapons fired a desperate shot. It managed to strike to eye. A lucky shot, but a needed one. The magic instantly died as the beast flinched and turned away. A weaker blast slipped from it's mouth, dripping into the side of the ice sheets already formed like liquid. As a cry echoed from it, Felicity lifted her hand to her mouth. She parted her lips as the same images kept flashing before her eyes. Ice. Ashla. Ashla. Ashla. Her tears still fell as she placed her hand between her teeth, then bit down.

Visions of blue churned to red.

A complete snap shifted in her mind. Bolstered anger, desperate for the feeling of violence, unnaturally took over her mind. She eyed the ice.

"We need it, kid."

"Whatever you can do, do it now!"

"It's going to kill us!"

She bit down again. And again. And again. Until the blood dripping from a mutilated hand was accompanied by a burning cloak of magical, nuclear energy. She saw in red. She saw the ice. How dare this dragon come here! How dare it threaten these lives! How dare it turn its ice wielding eyes on her and strike her mentality! It needed to pay! Pay! Through the ice! Through the ice!

The force of destruction bolted towards the ice, slamming into it with everything she had. Insane strength, immunity to pain, and the heat of a roaring fire. The ice hissed as she punched, kicked, barreled into it. Clouds of steam rose as she bleed again from chips of ice, only bolstering her more. Blinded by her rage based powers, she pushed on. Her energy was working as the ice of the dragon hissed and melted.

Yet, the question could be raised... was she too late?
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-24-2019 at 06:21 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.