Time.

Felicity knew a powerful weilder of time very well. Would he help, however? The fumes of Storm’s pipe penetrated the room as her nose was filled with that smell. Felicity generally ignored it, however, as she thought of him. She paced back and forth, arms behind her back as she fidgeted her clasped hands. Looking down at the floor, she considered the options. She looked up at Shinsou, her walking slowing to a stop. The floorboards stopped creaking below her as she lifted a finger.

“I know someone. He’s, like, really good with time. His ability to control time is actually phenomenal. I’d argue unmatched.” She lowered her finger, looking down at the unswept floor, “Before I met Shinsou, he sorta found me. Took time to train me for a bit and even granted me a small portion of his powers. I don’t think those limited powers could help; but what about his?”

She then then turned to face the window. Uncertainty crept in as she walked towards it. The bleak sky did not help the mood here. Neither did the absence of a certain white owl. “Thing is, he had to swear an oath to not get directly involved with the battles of mortals. He can’t use his power to change any tides unless it’s within his realm of direct duty. So,-“

Felicity looked back at Storm, then Shinsou, “-Can he help us? He loves to ‘indirectly’ help me, but not much else.” Thinking about the way he aided her so much in the past, even as a voice in her head, made her feel strangely warm inside. She was unaware of her cheeks burning as she continued. “He is compassionate though. And I wonder if he’d step in to defeat someone who can manipulate time like that. He exists to avert time abusers, after all.”

She turned back to the window, placing a four fingered hand on the cold window sill. “Want me to summon him? Worth a try, right?”

Her thoughts grew anxious as she considered the impressions on Veritas and the lasting impact on Shinsou. She hoped this was not a hopeless idea. After all, this was someone of great importance. This was the Thayne of Time, who just so happened to notice her.

Outside, that white owl landed on the roof of the building opposite of the office.